Titanic II

1 minute ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

If 1 of them kills the other 4 would that give the survivor extra days of oxygen? That's what I would be doing if I was a billionaire. 

Thing is, there are likely three other equally rich and predatory c***s in the submarine with you, as well as the guy who knows how to drive the thing. We're talking about the billionaire version of Lord of the Flies. I'm sure there's a reality show in there somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

If 1 of them kills the other 4 would that give the survivor extra days of oxygen? That's what I would be doing if I was a billionaire. 

Depends how quickly the bodies would start to decompose and use up oxygen.

(I assume decomposition does use oxygen but please correct me if I'm wrong.)

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just out of curiosity, do any of these billionaire business men have connections to Prince Andrew?

Funny you should ask - The Prince's Trust's CEO is mates with one of the 5 on the submarine.

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This whole thing reminds me of the time I spent the best part of a weekend locked in my pokey bathroom.  This was after the locking mechanism fell apart when I locked the door whilst my flatmate was away for the weekend.  Why did I lock the door in an empty flat one might ask?  A good question. Habitual I suppose. 

Anyway, this was in one of those old Victorian granite-cell tenements with the oak doors / frames so heavy duty that you couldn't kick it out from the inside.  Perhaps I could have eventually trashed the frame with repeated kicking (or a Kill Bill Pai Mai punch trick), but as a student I decided that a lost weekend was preferable to the cost of paying for the flat repair / losing the deposit.  

There was no window, nor communication with the wider world (no phone upon my person).  Just me, a bath, a toilet, a sink, and a toilet brush called Wilson.  Fun times.

I hope you at least had some gentleman's literature to keep you occupied.

BBC reporting a deep sea cablelaying vessel equipped with its own ROV happens to be in the vicinity, and is now in position over the approximate location the mini-sub disappeared.

Still seems a long shot they're still intact, on the bottom somewhere, can be found, and rescued... but if they are, this would be a stroke of incredible good luck matching the stroke of incredible bad luck of a liner and an iceberg happening on precisely this spot at the very same moment 111yrs before!

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

BBC reporting a deep sea cablelaying vessel equipped with its own ROV happens to be in the vicinity, and is now in position over the approximate location the mini-sub disappeared.

Still seems a long shot they're still intact, on the bottom somewhere, can be found, and rescued... but if they are, this would be a stroke of incredible good luck matching the stroke of incredible bad luck of a liner and an iceberg happening on precisely this spot at the very same moment 111yrs before!

Hope they've got 13,000 feet of cable for the ROV..

21 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have never seen the movie Titanic and do not intend on seeing it.

This is clearly some kind of stunt to make people watch that movie IMO.

I recommend the 1943 German version overseen by Joseph Gobbles. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I heard this guy has had a look and they're just not in the sea.

0_JHP_MDM_070223BULLEY_61.jpg

Oh you meant THAT ocean? Well no one told me that. Not my fault

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hope they've got 13,000 feet of cable for the ROV..

I usually just plug one extension lead into another in these types of scenario tbh.