Titanic II

45 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If the sub imploded what was making the banging noises?

The dear departed whinging about Davy Jones's accommodation.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

There was some American at the press conference repeatedly shouting questions about recovery of the bodies, not sure if the families would appreciate being handed a bucket of goo and random bone fragments, Davy Jones's locker seems the most appropriate resting place in the circumstances if Mrs Vardy doesn't object.

Yes, heard that utterly oblivious to what happens when your body is smashed by 400 atmospheres 😕

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Having read the last three pages of this thread, I have a scene from a movie stuck in my head. It doesn’t involve Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, it involves a microwave and a Gremlin.

I'm thinking more Licence to Kill, with a hatchet-wielding Sanchez.

liz09.jpg.c471cb8d45073d69b7fa08234d18bb32.jpg

Not even the best death scene in that film of course (awarded to Benicio del Toro and the coke shredder).

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm thinking more Licence to Kill, with a hatchet-wielding Sanchez.

liz09.jpg.c471cb8d45073d69b7fa08234d18bb32.jpg

Not even the best death scene in that film of course (awarded to Benicio del Toro and the coke shredder).

But the coke shredder doesn't have that great tagline about the money.

"Launder it!"

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

They're dead, I’d imagine have been from the off.

The costs involved in the search operation must be ridiculous. 

Hopefully their surviving family members will start to raise funds with sponsored marathons, bungee jumps, supermarket bag packing and charity can chugging activities outside their local shopping centres. 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The lead fucker on this was just a cheap, greedy, selfish, moronic scumbag and it's cost him his life and that of the others.

He cheapened out on various safety features of the sub just to save cash, despite having more money than he and multiple generations of any family he might have could ever spend. A billion pounds/dollars/euros/similar is an extraordinary sum of cash. There's an old saying that the difference between a million quid and a billion quid is about a billion quid. A billion is 1000 million. A million seconds is 12 days. A billion seconds is 31 years. If you spent £5000 a day it would take you 500 years to spend £1B. You get the picture (see the image below).

Yet this fucking cretinous moron refused what wouldn't even be pocket change to him for a few safety features just to save cash he would never have needed. It's unfathomable greed. It's a fucking illness at this point to be so fucking tight despite being so wealthy. The c**t actually sacked the lad who refused to rate the sub as safe. Why? Just so he could save some cash. The fucking audacity of such greed is mind blowing, as it is with all these billionaire scumbag c***s.

Stockton Rush wasn't anywhere near a billionaire, though. He was a millionaire (and a low two-digit one) with a few billionaire customers. I suspect that the shoddiness of his outfit was partly because they genuinely were a tinpot outfit who needed to cut corners to make money even off a $250k-per-head-per-trip product - there's likely a ton of false starts and aborted journeys as well as testing runs that all had to be paid for.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The lead fucker on this was just a cheap, greedy, selfish, moronic scumbag and it's cost him his life and that of the others.

He cheapened out on various safety features of the sub just to save cash, despite having more money than he and multiple generations of any family he might have could ever spend. A billion pounds/dollars/euros/similar is an extraordinary sum of cash. There's an old saying that the difference between a million quid and a billion quid is about a billion quid. A billion is 1000 million. A million seconds is 12 days. A billion seconds is 31 years. If you spent £5000 a day it would take you 500 years to spend £1B. You get the picture (see the image below).

100.gif.dd50ceec9d5e4d4082fa6a6bafe75163.gif

Yet this fucking cretinous moron refused what wouldn't even be pocket change to him for a few safety features just to save cash he would never have needed. It's unfathomable greed. It's a fucking illness at this point to be so fucking tight despite being so wealthy. The c**t actually sacked the lad who refused to rate the sub as safe. Why? Just so he could save some cash. The fucking audacity of such greed is mind blowing, as it is with all these billionaire scumbag c***s.

The billionaire is Hamish Harding, he was one of the paying passengers. The owner of the company is Stockton Rush, he has also died.

Expert on the radio said that the carbon fibre shell would have been tested and OK to go to those depths however there isn't enough known about how it behaves over time. Not only the pressurising and depressurising but the effect of uv from sunlight, air or anything it's exposed to. Everyone uses titanium or steel shells because they know exactly how they behave. 

34 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I suspect that the shoddiness of his outfit was partly because they genuinely were a tinpot outfit who needed to cut corners to make money even off a $250k-per-head-per-trip product - there's likely a ton of false starts and aborted journeys as well as testing runs that all had to be paid for.

Yep:

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

100.gif.dd50ceec9d5e4d4082fa6a6bafe75163.gif

If my own family had died I don't think I'd be this angry 

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If the sub imploded what was making the banging noises?

I saw a coastguard guy saying they didn’t know what the sound was but people were reporting that they were making banging noises every half hour - who reported this because I never saw it anywhere?