Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

4 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Is the commentary coming from a studio in Salford? Just seems a wee bit off

I think pretty much all the commentary (BBC and ITV) has been off tube so far this tournament. I’d imagine they’ll be on site for some of the knockout games.

Abysmal defending from Canada, the Aussies looking good for their 2-0 lead.

EDIT: Maybe not then 🤣

Edited by The Naitch

That sort of microscopic nonsense is the absolute worst of VAR. The sort of decision not a single player is appealing for in the first place, and which is quite subjective anyway in terms of whether the player was actually prevented from getting to the ball.

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

canadians-cant-do-this-mr-garrison.gif

Aye thanks for highlighting that. The weans won't be eating for a month now. 

Magnificent from Australia, especially how fucking awful they were v Nigeria. Their biggest win at a World Cup too. And against the reigning Olympic champions as well. 

Japan though, still amazed at that performance. 

56 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Aye thanks for highlighting that. The weans won't be eating for a month now. 

Magnificent from Australia, especially how fucking awful they were v Nigeria. Their biggest win at a World Cup too. And against the reigning Olympic champions as well. 

Japan though, still amazed at that performance. 

Imperious.

Great games today. If ever there was an advert against the tiki taka pish it was that Japan v Spain game. All Spain and the Japenese barely out their own half (1st half especially) then Japan get the breakaways and score 4 goals. Stats had Japan with about 22% possession all game at the time of the 4th goal. Crazy, but as an anti passing for the sake of the passing punter, I'm all for it backfiring 

As for Canada they were rank. First Olympic winners to ever exit at the group stage. Wee Bev might be on the first plane back to England at this rate. 

How did our women manage to beat Aus (aye, I know, in a friendly) but put in that horrendous performance against a thoroughly meh Ireland side?

That really was one for the Department of Missed Opportunities.

Switched on a bit late, and it was 4-0 to the Dutch at that stage. Just seen all the goals in the half time review, this could end up a cricket score.

Switched over to the Portugal v USA game as it's the more "important".

I better not miss too many goals!

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo