Betting on Championship

17 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Has anyone seen the odds for this year's championship.  Think Dundee United will romp it . Dunfermline and Ayr Unired will put in a challenge but will drop out by Christmas .  Think United will be 6/4 . 

Our challenge:

C9A76CA2-46CA-4AA1-8D14-2B84E1D9179C.gif

33 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Has anyone seen the odds for this year's championship.  Think Dundee United will romp it . Dunfermline and Ayr Unired will put in a challenge but will drop out by Christmas .  Think United will be 6/4 . 

Think Dunfermline will need quite a few players to be challenging for the top half of the table if Friday was anything to go by.  

Ayr will be nowhere near it.  

40 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

So who do you see being Dundee uniteds main threat ?

Themselves. With the signings they’ve made and the existing players like Chalmers and Watt then they should be winning this league no bother. 

I expect QP, Dunfermline and Raith to make up the remaining play off spots. Arbroath and Airdrie bottom two. 

12 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think Dundee United will romp it …Think United will be 6/4 . 

Thinking is fine, executing is a bit different, as Dundee found out. Wouldn’t be surprised by those odds or worse (from a DU bettors point of view) to help the bookies out. Odds are set to make money, not reflect odds.

16 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Think Dunfermline will need quite a few players to be challenging for the top half of the table if Friday was anything to go by.  

St Pauli are far, far superior than any team in this league and most teams in the Premiership so an odd one to judge that on.

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Themselves. With the signings they’ve made and the existing players like Chalmers and Watt then they should be winning this league no bother. 

I expect QP, Dunfermline and Raith to make up the remaining play off spots. Arbroath and Airdrie bottom two. 

Still find it mental everyone is writing us off 

1 hour ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Still find it mental everyone is writing us off 

We're written off by our own fans before a ball is kicked or before anyone has seen our new signings in action, so I wouldn't worry about it !!

Expect Dundee United to win the league by some distance.

Might be wise to wait until January to predict the other positions as I suspect there will be little between the other teams - there is always a wild card team which does well - take your pick.

Would avoid writing off any team just yet !

20 hours ago, itzdrk said:

We need quite a few players regardless. Squad is exceptionally thin, but I don't think that game is anything to go by. Reckon St Pauli would trash everyone at this level anyway.

I may be in the minority but I don't think Dundee Utd will win the league that easily after all they finished bottom of the league for a reason......

Would everyone be saying Killie or County would be a shoe in for the league if they came down automatically???

All that said I think Utd will win the league but not easily 

1 hour ago, colliedug said:

I may be in the minority but I don't think Dundee Utd will win the league that easily after all they finished bottom of the league for a reason......

Would everyone be saying Killie or County would be a shoe in for the league if they came down automatically???

County would have been heavy favourites if they came down, yes. Because whenever they do get relegated they just outspend everyone by miles and bounce back up again, and would have done the same this time around.

Killie would have been favourites as well, but not to the extent that United are or that County would have been.

1 hour ago, colliedug said:

It's not usually as simple as people make it out to be. We were lucky to go up last season, to put it bluntly, due to QP shitting the bed.

I fancy Inverness or PT to run them pretty close but ultimately I see them winning it in the end.

ETA - One thing is for sure though and that is the Championship will be the best league in Scotland again. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

Dundee United to win the league and then Raith, QP and Inverness to make up the remaining top four. 

I’m genuinely not that impressed by the standard in the championship and don’t think Airdrie will finish lower than 7th. Will definitely get a few results.