#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

Reckless challenge, certain yellow and red can’t be complained about.

However this is where VAR needs to get its protocols sorted.   We see the first pen check showing a sterling dive, so why should this not be called up?

I think the rugby equivalent decision is goal disallowed, sterling yellow, Tottenham free kick, Romero red.

16 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I hate VAR I really do hate it with a passion.  Arms or head being offside.  f**k off.  It should be so simple.  The whole body needs to be offside.  If you can see light between the attackers arse and the defenders body.  Then he's offside.

Erm but then the same problems would persist. You’d have lines drawn between upper arms and heads determining if daylight actually exists between the furthest back point of a forward and the furthest forward of a defender. That doesn’t solve any problem, think about it. 

Just now, Muzza81 said:

Erm but then the same problems would persist. You’d have lines drawn between upper arms and heads determining if daylight actually exists between the furthest back point of a forward and the furthest forward of a defender. That doesn’t solve any problem, think about it. 

Not as much, you just need to have clear daylight with no overlap. Any overlap with players is onside.