#Barclays 23/24

1 hour ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Given the eye watering amounts they've spent, is there a case for this Chelsea side being pound for pound, the worst in #Barclays history ?

Was curious about this so did a pound for pound comparison of the current Chelsea team against the 2007/08 Derby team (fees from transfermarkt).

Chelsea
Total cost of squad (min 5 apps) = £730m
Points (interpolated for 38 games) = 54pts
Cost per point = £13.5m

Derby
Total cost of squad = £70.5m (adjusted for inflation)
Points (interpolated for 38 games) = 11pts
Cost per point = £6.4m

There will be worse teams in terms of costs to points ratio, but in conclusion, this Chelsea team are pound for pound more than twice as shite as the worst team in Barclays history.

Palace strike me as a club who, when they’re next relegated, won’t be back for a very long time. Like Forest or Leeds when they went down. 

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Was curious about this so did a pound for pound comparison of the current Chelsea team against the 2007/08 Derby team (fees from transfermarkt).

Chelsea
Total cost of squad (min 5 apps) = £730m
Points (interpolated for 38 games) = 54pts
Cost per point = £13.5m

Derby
Total cost of squad = £70.5m (adjusted for inflation)
Points (interpolated for 38 games) = 11pts
Cost per point = £6.4m

There will be worse teams in terms of costs to points ratio, but in conclusion, this Chelsea team are pound for pound more than twice as shite as the worst team in Barclays history.

What measure of inflation are you using  there?

Normal inflation has been about 50% since then but inflation in the transfer market has been far bigger

It's hard to measure precisely but 

Chelsea broke the the UK transfer record  back then with £30.8m for Andriy Shevchenko from Milan to Chelsea.
When they broke it again last year the paid £106m for Enzo Fernández 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

What measure of inflation are you using  there?

Normal inflation has been about 50% since then but inflation in the transfer market has been far bigger

It's hard to measure precisely but 

Chelsea broke the the UK transfer record  back then with £30.8m for Andriy Shevchenko from Milan to Chelsea.
When they broke it again last year the paid £106m for Enzo Fernández 

Based on this: Premier League Transfer Inflation - The Short Fuse (sbnation.com)

No idea if its accurate, but couldnt be arsed doing my own analysis of real inflation on transfer fees.

I got to call this Chelsea side really shite, so I got what I wanted out of the 20 mins I spent looking at it.

41 minutes ago, Venti said:

Pretty much don't need any motive to get murdered in Medellin.

Even in Paisley you'd only get booed for an O.G.

It was some Own Goal tbf. Can't be having folk making a c**t of you to that level when you are an international cartel with appearances to keep up.....

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It was some Own Goal tbf. Can't be having folk making a c**t of you to that level when you are an international cartel with appearances to keep up.....

We had a boy in the high school team that was a cross between Dave MacPherson & Harry Maguire. Scored the most spectacular O.Gs.

Bullet headers into the top bin.

Wanted to kill the fucking donkey everytime, but it was too funny.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

More bad defending from Walker, he's got to be in thin ice.

Raheem Sterling was going to do nothing else there but try and get onto his right foot.  

Three whole posts during the "box office" fixture between Man City and Chelsea. Greatest league in the world though. 

Palmer looked class in the highlights. Rodri crying about the referee will always be funny. Pep's performative protestations were pissing me off.