#Barclays 23/24

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Man United are a bit of a gang, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a player sent off

They appear to be the most brittle team in the league confidence wise. They look like swaggering through games yet every few matches someone gets under their skin and they revert to gang status. That has to be down to ETH and his man management style imo as it's been a recurring theme throughout his tenure.

Just now, Crawford Bridge said:

Man U have always been refereed differently to their opponents. They are the English Rangers. 

I dont think Casemiro's challenge after being booked was anything to get excited about.

Not every foul is a booking.

Rashford should have been booked fot his retaliation foul or dive earlier though.

51 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The Old Kennilworth Ground.

Looks a fucking awful play to watch football btw. Theres pillars supporting pillars all over the place. Looks like a lego fever dream. Its testament to their fans that they are so knowledgable and love their football as much as they do. 

I got more annoyed than I should have at Gary Neville's commentary for Man Utd's second goal. It was a deflection and there's no way that Hojland was deliberately deflecting that towards goal. Ok, he may have, but he also looked like he was getting out of the way of it. Neville acting like we were seeing the second coming of Ibrahimovic was embarrassing. Even the first goal, which was pretty simple, had him needlessly drooling over Hojland. He ran through and put it in an empty net ffs.

8 hours ago, velo army said:

I got more annoyed than I should have at Gary Neville's commentary for Man Utd's second goal. It was a deflection and there's no way that Hojland was deliberately deflecting that towards goal. Ok, he may have, but he also looked like he was getting out of the way of it. Neville acting like we were seeing the second coming of Ibrahimovic was embarrassing. Even the first goal, which was pretty simple, had him needlessly drooling over Hojland. He ran through and put it in an empty net ffs.

That pales into insignificance compared to the thoroughly condescending tone of the commentary in regards to Luton. It was constant and pathetic more akin to a non league team in an FA cup tie than an EPL game.

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Looks a fucking awful play to watch football btw. Theres pillars supporting pillars all over the place. Looks like a lego fever dream. Its testament to their fans that they are so knowledgable and love their football as much as they do. 

I went to see a game between Luton and Wolves there about 20 years ago, and the seat I booked did not exist. I had something like seat G2, and the row of seating started at number 3. A steward told me to sit in the aisle, then half an hour later another steward bollocked me for blocking the aisle.

In summary, f**k Luton 

The main stand at Kenilworth Road needs be to be studied by scientists.  It's about 5 different stands all joined together somehow.  Just a bizarre ground in general.

As for the game, McTominay had 2, maybe 3 tap ins in the second half if Garnacho and Hojlund weren't such morons and actually used their eyes.

26 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I went to see a game between Luton and Wolves there about 20 years ago, and the seat I booked did not exist. I had something like seat G2, and the row of seating started at number 3. A steward told me to sit in the aisle, then half an hour later another steward bollocked me for blocking the aisle.

In summary, f**k Luton 

To be fair they've clearly taken your issues on board and are trying to build a brand new stadium 

Roy Hodgson resigns as Crystal Palace manager. I guess he was gently persuaded to step down because it wouldn’t have been a good look to sack him after he fell ill. 

They said on the news there he’d been in charge for six seasons. That didn’t sound right, and sure enough they’ve forgotten the season he went off to Watford. His current stint started last year. 

Everything about The Barclays is summed up in this game. Standard on show is awful, as expected. Remember that every single player on show tonight is a multi-millionaire! The cream of the sport. The commentary is laughably cringeworthy and the half time analysis is bordering on the surreal.