#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Anyone who takes that money when they don't need to is a c*nt. 

I only said I'd think about it!

I have now, I'm taking it.

"These are my principles, if you don't like them, I have others".

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Because it involves stepping down to a shite league and moving to a dessert. With how wealthy he already is extra money will make almost 0 difference to his or his family’s life.

I’m not surprised in the slightest that he would consider it. There’s enough evidence from footballers that the majority of them would. I still find it quite sad. Hope that’s alright with you.

Is he going to play in a restaurant?

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig!

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Dont know about you but I fell in love with Scottish fitba, not the plasticy English shitey version.

Aye but back in the early 70s English fitba was dominated by Scots - players and managers.

The English football leagues were even founded by a Scotsman. 

IMG_0520.jpeg.185b79db298f85aa7853c22d1410d443.jpeg

William McGregor (13 April 1846 – 20 December 1911)was a Scottish association football administrator in the Victorian era who was the founder of the Football League (now English Football League), the first organised association football league in the world.

Big Wullie was also heavily involved with Aston Villa due to its Scottish heritage.

His story is very interesting and not many Villa fans appreciate his background and the club crest.

IMG_0521.thumb.jpeg.e04399b831c28c2bf832d896f95878e3.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg.4e04a96499f0da166080d55483c98803.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGregor_(football)

https://www.scotsfootballworldwide.scot/astonvilla

Villa have been my favourite team since 1974. 

Plasticy? 

As far as I’m aware there are no full plastic artificial pitches in the top English leagues. 😂 

37 minutes ago, Molotov said:

His story is very interesting and not many Villa fans appreciate his background and the club crest.

Not sure this is true. There's a statue of him outside the ground so most people at least know who he was.

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

So Man City are suing the Premier League saying that the rules they totally didn't break are illegal?

Man City know they broke the rules and they know it can be established they broke the rules.  Their only option is to try and get the rules removed.   

They will fail......but their lawyers will make millions from the attempt.

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not sure this is true. There's a statue of him outside the ground so most people at least know who he was.

When I used to drink on a regular basis in the Swan and Mitre during the 90s hardly any fans had heard of him or knew the significance of the lion rampant and the history of Scots at Villa and the football league.
Given his statue was only unveiled at Villa Park in 2009 I think you can see my point. I had left Villa Park behind a few years before.

A straw poll of 40,000 Villa fans going to the ground these days may also back up my claim! 😜 

The Swan and Mitre was a rough old shop. Had some great times in there plus a few other pubs around there. My knowledge of the Scottish history of Villa proved valuable when dealing with some hard core fans who may initially have objected to my Scottish accent. 😂 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

I believe the old boozer has also closed now and become a B&B.

IMG_0539.thumb.jpeg.1d7f287bcca67775126abf9d8eb18558.jpeg

Maybe I'm just basing it on Villa fans I know, who pretty much all know who he is because I make sure they do 😂

Loads of the best pubs are gone, including The Barton's Arms, most tragically. 

21 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Dont know about you but I fell in love with Scottish fitba, not the plasticy English shitey version.

Yep this is where I am, money has fucked the game in the 'big' leagues and competitions, but it's still immensely enjoyable down in the seaside leagues where proper blokes play proper fitba. 

51 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Yep this is where I am, money has fucked the game in the 'big' leagues and competitions, but it's still immensely enjoyable down in the seaside leagues where proper blokes play proper fitba. 

True. The top level(s) are shite down south now. A dip into the League 2 and some of the Nationals is back to where it should be (your Wrexhams, aside).

12 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Loads of the best pubs are gone, including The Barton's Arms, most tragically. 

Really? That was a brilliant little pub. First went in the 13/14 season I think when Kevin Nolan got a quick double in the second half for West Ham. Drunk a ridiculous amount of JHB which is probably the first and last time I drunk ale for a session. 

On 05/06/2024 at 09:42, Molotov said:

Money has killed the sport I fell in love with.

23 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

First live game I ever went to was Wimbledon vs Grimsby at plough lane

So Money did kill it ...

... but it got better

9 hours ago, SH Panda said:

It's clear from some of the posts these people would only work in European countries, or maybe at a push Australia and the USA.

Interesting life strategy to take, but I'm glad most of the world doesn't think that way.

A classic internet tactic is to take something someone has said and irrationally infer a whole load of things they didn't. There's quite a big margin between Saudi Arabia and only Europe/USA/Australia.

There's also a huge difference between who I would work for and who I think nobody that has a choice should work for. They're not just football clubs in Saudi Arabia, they're owned and funded by the Saudi government (despite that being contrary to FIFA statutes and worse than things they've suspended other countries for, but FIFA have no morals either).

Most of the world works in the country where they grew up and most of those who work in a different country are very poor, so I don't think you can assume most of the world doesn't think "that" way, whatever that means.