#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

On 06/11/2023 at 22:37, Uncle Psychosis said:

Just when I thought I couldn't like Big Ange any more, he absolutely hits this nail on the head as well: 

"There will be a forensic study of every decision out there, I think that is the way the game is going and I don't like it. If you look at all that standing around we did today, maybe people enjoy that sort of thing but I'd rather see us playing football...

...You have to accept the referee's decision, that is how I grew up. This constant erosion of the referee's authority is where the game is going to get - they are not going to have any authority. We are going to be under the control of someone with a tv screen a few miles away.

You must have missed his time at Celtic.

On 07/11/2023 at 10:11, Jives Miguel said:

That was one of the best games I've seen in a while. I can't believe people want rid of VAR. its box office.

I agree, it made sense to me. Whenever and wherever you lose the ball playing with 9 men, you're automatically facing an overwhelming counter-attack. You're as well just playing the offside trap at that point, and confusing the brain deficient opposition players and managers. 

Nah spurs fucked it, at 1-1 when spurs were pushed back, chelsea were hopeless trying to break down a packed spurs penalty box

And while it took them ages, they had plenty chances when they broke the high line with runners, before it went 2-1, they missed about 3 or 4 good chances by mistiming runs or simply missing when through on goal

Had spurs played on their 18yard line chelsea were never scoring imo 

8 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Nah spurs fucked it, at 1-1 when spurs were pushed back, chelsea were hopeless trying to break down a packed spurs penalty box

And while it took them ages, they had plenty chances when they broke the high line with runners, before it went 2-1, they missed about 3 or 4 good chances by mistiming runs or simply missing when through on goal

Had spurs played on their 18yard line chelsea were never scoring imo 

Agree with this, I thought the high line was bonkers. Great entertainment, though.

I wonder if Ange would have gone with that plan had they been a point off the top in April.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Agree with this, I thought the high line was bonkers. Great entertainment, though.

I wonder if Ange would have gone with that plan had they been a point off the top in April.

Was some game, still dont understand how Romero wasnt off for his kick out, had that happened Chelsea dont get the penalty to equalise and sours have a lead to protect which might have changed his mentality

Maybe lol

Boy sounds like that Alan Partridge bit where he started singing IRA songs. "Why are you playing for Ireland?"

I can't kick a ball in a straight line but I'm eligible to play for Scotland or England. I used to wonder what it would be like if I was good enough to play internationally how I'd deal with the press in that sort of situation. What else can you expect someone to say?

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Boy sounds like that Alan Partridge bit where he started singing IRA songs. "Why are you playing for Ireland?"

I can't kick a ball in a straight line but I'm eligible to play for Scotland or England. I used to wonder what it would be like if I was good enough to play internationally how I'd deal with the press in that sort of situation. What else can you expect someone to say?

I’m in a similar situation and I’ve passed the age of 50 without being selected to represent Scotland internationally at any sport whatsoever . I’m considering writing to the FA and RFU 

“Dear selection committee… obviously you’re not my first choice but how long am I expected to wait…

I’m baffled by Ange Postecoglou at the moment. He seems to be playing the role of a good-natured father figure. He’s responding to inane questions with absolutely no grumpiness/rudeness. He’s showing no sign of bitterness when on the end of a 4-1 defeat.

This man is an actor and a liar.