#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

Spurs are absolute freaks 😂

How is that streak surviving generations, multiple squad and manager changes... ownership changes.... Even stadium changes. 

How are they STILL the footballing byword for absolutely soiling yourself in public?

That defending for Brighton’s first.😄
It is a bit of a cliche, but Brighton seemed to want it more. Just more determined in the challenges, especially for the 3rd.

Only disappointing aspect of it is there was no footage of Pedro Porro greeting at the end. 

13 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

City just got a license to print, even more, money.

I am not even going to try and pretend how all this works, but does this mean that some of the charges against them may be dropped or reduced?

6 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

City just got a license to print, even more, money.

I mean, as much as the club statement and their media spinners are presenting this as a massive victory for Man City, the judges only took issue with certain parts of the APT rules which the league can remedy quickly and easily. This is being widely misinterpreted as a blanket green light for oil clubs to spend whatever they like, but that’s completely wide of the market.

The real losers here are clubs benefitting from interest free soft loans from their shareholders but even at that, they can be easily converted into equity.

6 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I am not even going to try and pretend how all this works, but does this mean that some of the charges against them may be dropped or reduced?

No. This case is nothing to do with the 115 charges.

The only way you could argue it is that City could sue the PL not legal costs and damages in relation to this case and they might use that as a bargaining chip on the 115.

With Rodri being out for the season and the rumours that Guardiola is about to sign a new 2 year contract, my money is on City settling the 115 charges out of court by agreeing to take a big one off points deduction this year that takes them miles away from the title race but removes any threat of relegation. Then they get a clean slate next year with Rodri back and Pep still around.

It would also allow them to focus their attention on the champions league this season which would be their only realistic chance of getting back into Europe next year (I think the points deduction will be 40-50 points)