#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

To any of you who are too young to remember, this is the kind of mediocrity Chelsea enjoyed before Russian dirty money bought them success.

Speaking of which.... Only a seemingly increasing amount of content from Paddy Power is reminding me of Man City's apparent "115 charges" of financial misdeeds.. 

I'm sure somebody knows what's happening with that?

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Absolute minter of a VAR check in the Burnley game....5 minutes and they decided he was onside before changing it to offside. Neither of the images looked like the lines were right though

If anything, the image with the incorrect onside line does a better job at showing he was offside. 

F9iho-1XAAArBnd?format=jpg&name=large 

Edited by The Master

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Speaking of which.... Only a seemingly increasing amount of content from Paddy Power is reminding me of Man City's apparent "115 charges" of financial misdeeds.. 

I saw that the UAE Ambassador to the UK was discussing the issue with the British Ambassador (which seems dodgy already).

The PL seem to have just 'forgotten' about Man City's charges. The Everton case will be the biggest indicator of what's to come.

If they deduct the 12pts from Everton, then it sets a precedent. Man City have already been charged, but it was passed on to an independent commission a while ago, who were to decide the punishment. If they punish Everton for one charge, but allow Man City to go unhindered with 115 Charges, then Everton have a very strong case to appeal - or perhaps take to court - and that's not even mentioning the public backlash that would occur.

I think that's the only news with the City charges; Everton's charge, and dodgy Diplomatic meetings.

This is more #cinch than #barclays!

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Kieran McGuire was talking about it this week.

Radio silence from the Premier League is deliberate as, with previous accusations, City have used leaks and hearesay as part of their defence.

Premier League running a tight ship on this one to have the best chance of winning. It'll be at least 2 years till it's done, and we'll probably hear very little in the meantime.

Edited by DoingThe42

That Sheffield United team look like a bunch of players that are purely happy to take the money in the premier league. I know they are probably just waiting until Heckingbottom gets his jotters. But there is no effort at all from they players. Other teams players just cruise past them. 

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Maybe. America doesn't put their clocks back until next week (hence this week's NFL games are all a week earlier than usual).

I thought that but the late game always overlaps with the start of the NFL kickoffs anyway, more so this season with the extra injury time. 

Maybe it's just because none of the 2pm games are televised this week so they can get away with an earlier kick off that is probably better for American football fans/Asian TV viewers without clashing as they normally would.

Not sure why none of the 2pms are on telly, though.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Why are the TV games an hour earlier today? I know the clocks have gone back but the non TV games are 2pm as usual. 

Is it for USA TV? 

They said on the Totally Football Show that the police didn't want the Manchester Derby to kick off at 4.30pm, so it got moved an hour earlier which obviously had a knock-on effect for the earlier game.