#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

3 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

If they start singing that nick nack paddy whack song I'm booting f**k out of the tele. 

Whenever I hear that it reminds me of that tortuous joke about Kermit Jagger walking into a bank. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Southampton the most brittle team in Barclays history?

Russell Martin perplexed that a style of play that worked in a division where they had one of the best squads isn't working as well at a higher level where they have one of the poorest. Almost as if a club at that stature can't afford to have a manager with a shitey philosophy.

I saw the stat during the game that Southampton have had the most successful passes in the league. Might as well have 0 passes because that's how many points they have and will likely have after the end of this game. The obsession with passing stats in particular I really don't understand or care about 

Just now, Zapp Brannigan said:

I saw the stat during the game that Southampton have had the most successful passes in the league. Might as well have 0 passes because that's how many points they have and will likely have after the end of this game. The obsession with passing stats in particular I really don't understand or care about 

Baldy Pep has taken all the fun and intensity out of football IMO.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Russell Martin perplexed that a style of play that worked in a division where they had one of the best squads isn't working as well at a higher level where they have one of the poorest. Almost as if a club at that stature can't afford to have a manager with a shitey philosophy.

I'd imagine it's one of the side effects of top level football moving towards the more data driven, everything is a series of patterns type thing, that managers seem to pick from an array of available styles and are welded to it regardless if what's in front of them. Watching Brighton with an injury list as long as your arm trying to out City Man City and getting utterly spanked last season was outright weird. 

It's like these guys just relentlessly drill a certain few phases of play and are totally incapable of variation. 

37 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

At least he has given us the spectacle of defenders and goalies comically chucking one in every other game as they stubbornly adhere to Pep-ball whatever the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Barry Ferguson would be a £90m+ player in this current EPL.

5 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Looking forward to all the reverse ferreting from English journalists this week after lauding Arne Slot as a genius last week for beating *checks notes* Man United

It will be pleasing.

There's been a puff piece about him/them on BBC sport near enough every day for the last two weeks.