First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

St Andrews 0 Kirkcaldy 3

Deeply disappointing day. The game was over by halftime as a goalkeeping error and a deflected shot helped the away team to a surprise three goal lead at the break.

Saints still in the box seat but will need a big improvement in their next league game at Newtongrange.

As for the Star they drop another two points and their best chance of promotion appears to lie with Gretna and Broxburn.

Dunipace are on the edge of promotion. They might have done enough already but one win will secure a well deserved Premier league place.

Whitburn seem to be actually winning without playing much in the last few weeks. 

Obviously they need to win those games in hand and that park does them no favours but they could be in a decent position here.

cb5b3419-3029-4382-af6b-c19cc236eb63_text.gif

Dunipace may be promoted imminently and are now favourites for title; behind them all take turns at stuttering. Down the bottom Oakley, who've only beaten Vale all campaign, in big trouble.

image.png.fb9ee928a7be639bc61a061633896aa3.png

Run-in:

image.png.715580968d27519aff05d71c020913da.png

14 hours ago, patriot1 said:

St Andrews 0 Kirkcaldy 3

Deeply disappointing day. The game was over by halftime as a goalkeeping error and a deflected shot helped the away team to a surprise three goal lead at the break.

Saints still in the box seat but will need a big improvement in their next league game at Newtongrange.

As for the Star they drop another two points and their best chance of promotion appears to lie with Gretna and Broxburn.

Dunipace are on the edge of promotion. They might have done enough already but one win will secure a well deserved Premier league place.

"Star drop another 2 points", or Star gained a point against a rejuvenated Leith side unbeaten at home since November!!!

St Andrews are in the driving seat, no doubt, but you appear inconsistent of late. Look forward to seeing you at Nitten next week! 🌟 

1 hour ago, Passthebaw said:

"Star drop another 2 points", or Star gained a point against a rejuvenated Leith side unbeaten at home since November!!!

St Andrews are in the driving seat, no doubt, but you appear inconsistent of late. Look forward to seeing you at Nitten next week! 🌟 

Good, positive thinking, but Dunipace, St Andrews, Camelon and Whitburn will see it as Star dropping 2 points.

3 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

All the top five have dropped points recently. Heriot Watt and Leith have both been doing a good job of getting results against the top teams. Where were they earlier in the season?

And you don’t need to tell me about Leith. We haven’t beaten them since moving to the EOS!!

I would say roll on the 24th but we have two cup ties to deal with first.

Pace promoted, a hard fought 1-2 victory at Oakley secured Premier League status for next season.

Not a classic performance but 3 points secured which was the only aim of the day, a scrappy game with 2 Colley goals the highlight.

Kirkcaldy at home and Nitten away 6 points that probably secure the title, games we can play without the pressure, and enjoy them.

Will be great to watch the rest of the league play out to see what 2 from 4 go up, I always said Nitten on our last day will have something riding on it!!

Mon the Pace

Dunipace are      PROMOTED   

Edinburgh University's relegation means 4th can no longer become a promotion place.

image.png.8df003b33d1a908cc8ab4c8f28653f5b.png

Congratulations to Dunipace.

I recall some scepticism even gentle mockery being expressed in other parts when they were revealed as the 'mystery' west club turning senior and moving east 6 years ago - but they've continually progressed on and off the park since.

On-field they came 2nd bottom of their conference in 2018-19 (above just 'lowly' Eyemouth)... but improved to top 4 in their First Division conference in 2019-20 and 2021-22; solidly mid-table in the united First Division last season; and now promotion, maybe as champions. They also won the South Challenge Cup (with much less attention and credit than deserved: probably as it was badly delayed to August 2021), reached the King and League cup finals last season, plus the EOS Qualifying Cup SF this season.

Off-field they've installed artificial turf, lights and enclosure then obtained their SFA licence (leading to Scottish Cup entry and annually improving results there too).

I recall their U20s have also had some good campaigns.

Great advert for what 'small' clubs can achieve.

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Dunipace are      PROMOTED   

Edinburgh University's relegation means 4th can no longer become a promotion place.

image.png.8df003b33d1a908cc8ab4c8f28653f5b.png

Congratulations to Dunipace.

I recall some scepticism even gentle mockery being expressed in other parts when they were revealed as the 'mystery' west club turning senior and moving east 6 years ago - but they've continually progressed on and off the park since.

On-field they came 2nd bottom of their conference in 2018-19 (above just 'lowly' Eyemouth)... but improved to top 4 in their First Division conference in 2019-20 and 2021-22; solidly mid-table in the united First Division last season; and now promotion, maybe as champions. They also won the South Challenge Cup (with much less attention and credit than deserved: probably as it was badly delayed to August 2021), reached the King and League cup finals last season, plus the EOS Qualifying Cup SF this season.

Off-field they've installed artificial turf, lights and enclosure then obtained their SFA licence (leading to Scottish Cup entry and annually improving results there too).

I recall their U20s have also had some good campaigns.

Great advert for what 'small' clubs can achieve.

You cannot underestimate the benefits and positivity that is generated from a good infrastructure and community set up.

Dunipace have been the best team in the league, albeit a wee bit off the boil recently. 

People can cry as much as they want about 3G pitches but I would definitely say it improves the standard of football on show. 

Rather a 3G than watching games on some of the cowfields in the league. 

Speaking of which, dunipace WILL be joined by Whitburn in the prem, who would probably be a better team if they didn't play on a cowfield.

Many congratulations to the Pace on gaining promotion.

I just about remember being taken to Carronbank by my Grandad then having the privilege of being club chairman at the turn of the century when we had a wonderful young team.

Back to watching the Bairns but always look for the Dunipace results.

What a season for my two favourite teams!

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Whitburn and Camelon both record home wins tonight. 

A huge come from behind win for Camelon tonight.

Those wins have ratcheted up the pressure on Nitten and Saints going into tomorrow’s crunch match.

Can’t wait.

5 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I was working that day so I didn’t see Camelon. In fact I missed our victory that led to your manager getting his jotters as well.

Haha! Fair enough, I'm not a Camelon fan but I remember that result as a stand out.