First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

10 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Newtongrange deserved winners in the top of the table battle today, and done themselves no harm in pursuit of a promotion spot. Dunipace now comfortable favourites to win the league after Camelon & Whitburn beaten, although they still have to play Newtongrange twice! St Andrews stay in the hunt after being awarded the points against Rosyth.

It's gonna go down to the wire methinks! 

They haven't been awarded the points against rosyth. All the points against rosyth will be stripped out the league.

Agreed Newtongrange deserves winners. Noone including me noticed at the time that the number 10 is actually offside at the goal. But those are the breaks you get or you don't. Star were well better than us today

1 hour ago, searchers1963 said:

They haven't been awarded the points against rosyth. All the points against rosyth will be stripped out the league.

Agreed Newtongrange deserves winners. Noone including me noticed at the time that the number 10 is actually offside at the goal. But those are the breaks you get or you don't. Star were well better than us today

I stand corrected on points. Either way, nobody benefits from the sad state at Rosyth. 

It looks like #10 is offside on reflection, but your keeper has to do better. 

11 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Can't see past Pace,Star and the Mariners making it up into the EoSFL Premier for next season .

Anytime I've saw them they've looked a cut above the rest and will enhance the Premier next season. 

St.Andrews and Whitburn still have a possible 4th promotion spot to possibly get,depending on promotion and relegation. 

Saints are nine points behind Newtongrange with six games in hand.

I’ll let you do the maths.

4 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Id rather have points in the bag than trying to make up that I know in that 6 games 3 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats gives u more than them.

It will be a tough run in.

1 minute ago, searchers1963 said:

Id rather have points in the bag than trying to make up that I know in that 6 games 3 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats gives u more than them.

It will be a tough run in.

If it was nine points and four games in hand I would agree but six leaves plenty of room to drop points.

It will certainly be a tough run in with plenty of twists and turns to come.

26 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Ooo touchy

I'm well aware Saints can catch the teams above them but I.m.o it ain't happening,same for our lot  down Central Park way.

Edited by Dav nan Gael

I feel Syngenta had their results expunged by this point.

At a glance the Top 5 would look like this:

image.png.1a8c51d28efa75efaafc286b60cde213.png

Something that I noticed going through this is that Nitten and Whitburn have played Vale of Leithen twice already. The way VoL's form has been it would give the others a 3pt boost

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I feel Syngenta had their results expunged by this point.

At a glance the Top 5 would look like this:

image.png.1a8c51d28efa75efaafc286b60cde213.png

Something that I noticed going through this is that Nitten and Whitburn have played Vale of Leithen twice already. The way VoL's form has been it would give the others a 3pt boost

Nitten's run-in is tough, but if they play like they did at home on Saturday to Camelon, they should be promoted. And, they still have Dunipace and St Andrews to play at home. 

I've been saying for a month or more, the likes of St Andrews will be playing 3-4 games in 8 days soon enough, so I'd rather have the points in the bag. 

1 hour ago, Passthebaw said:

Nitten's run-in is tough, but if they play like they did at home on Saturday to Camelon, they should be promoted. And, they still have Dunipace and St Andrews to play at home. 

I've been saying for a month or more, the likes of St Andrews will be playing 3-4 games in 8 days soon enough, so I'd rather have the points in the bag. 

Thankfully we have managed to get knocked out of two cups in recent weeks so that frees up some time😏

Hopefully the latest round of fixtures will come out shortly. Be good if we get a couple of midweek ties.

Good solid 3 points for the pace at the weekend, horrible tackle on Sam Colley which the WW player received a deserved red, best compliment I can give the team is the win was as routine as it could be.

We have a decent run in, with both home and away ties still to be played against Newtongrange the only on paper tougher games, with Rosyth now defunct the last game for Pace is away to Newtongrange, although I have a sneaky feeling the league hopefully will be won by then.

its 3 from 4 for me now, Whitburn are in a horrific run of form and I can’t see them going up, which leaves Pace, Camelon, Newtongrange and Saints to fight it out!

The signing of McAvoy from Rosyth is a great move for Pace, will play as Tennant has a broken foot and will be out for a fair few weeks, he’s been POTY for Pace IMO this season so this is a great move by Danny and the club!

Mon the Pace

Well the fixtures for the next few weeks are out.

Saints will play three of their games in hand on Newtongrange between now and 19th March. Also two of their games in hand on Camelon and Whitburn.

So we should have a better idea of where we stand by then.

1 hour ago, fowler23 said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but with rosyth folding , will that mean only two get relegated?? Or 4 come up from division below?

cheers 

There's also still the potential of a domino affect from the LL 

Screenshot_20240221_161848_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

There's also still the potential of a domino affect from the LL 

Screenshot_20240221_161848_Chrome.jpg

Cheers mate. Hopefully that will help whitehill stay up then. Can’t see Oakley catching them now.

EOS website now says:

image.thumb.png.8da0d9206167464502a984fa7f1db709.png

image.png.2f4244a2975e22e37c25f2584e4fb449.png

Hadn't occurred to me but in bad news for Innerleithenites the tech thinks a club literally on course to stop existing is still having a mathematically better campaign than them currently 😬...

(Obviously the idea is it ends-up looking like last season's Second Division):
image.png.841185b7d83064fa62e366346ae68bdf.png

Edited by HibeeJibee