First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Nitten will need to up their game if they want promotion.

WW more than matched them on the park for long periods last Saturday. A couple of breaks mightve seen a different scoreline but sometimes when yer near the bottom luck is against you.

St Andrews scraped past WW wi a penalty the previous game. 

Small margins and aw that. 

Agreed, Nitten weren't great and the result flattered them. Thought WW played well. But, Nitten maybe wouldn't have won that in the past. Unbeaten now since around September. 

Another excellent home performance by the Pace, with St Andrews at home and the “rearranged” Whitburn game in the next few weeks should see the top of the league get another shake up…..

Whitburn were outclassed again for me, just cemented the one nil doing they got in the game that never was, Pace are in an excellent run of form in the league at the moment, onto the Oriam this weekend for Heriot Watt in the King cup!

On 16/01/2024 at 16:14, Mon the Pace said:

Another excellent home performance by the Pace, with St Andrews at home and the “rearranged” Whitburn game in the next few weeks should see the top of the league get another shake up…..

Whitburn were outclassed again for me, just cemented the one nil doing they got in the game that never was, Pace are in an excellent run of form in the league at the moment, onto the Oriam this weekend for Heriot Watt in the King cup!

What happened Saturday? Didn't see that one coming!

The race for promotion is that tight the clubs with deep pockets are strengthening really well.

Camelon signing Graham Taylor is a real eye catcher with Berwick fans not happy

Whitburn signing Kevin Fotheringham and a loanee from Falkirk is decent buisness from them.

A think Camelon and Dunipace will be promoted but the 3rd spot is wide open Nitten have the points on the board and going really well but with Whitburn having five games in hand its going to be quite a run in.

1 hour ago, the tin man said:

The race for promotion is that tight the clubs with deep pockets are strengthening really well.

Camelon signing Graham Taylor is a real eye catcher with Berwick fans not happy

Whitburn signing Kevin Fotheringham and a loanee from Falkirk is decent buisness from them.

A think Camelon and Dunipace will be promoted but the 3rd spot is wide open Nitten have the points on the board and going really well but with Whitburn having five games in hand its going to be quite a run in.

Ahem.

I was at Blackburn today, looked good value, albeit with a very questionable penalty for handball at 1-0, for their 3-0 lead but HWU did well to force them back to 3-2 and made for a very decent final few mins - United on the break made it 4-2 with literally the final kick of the game.

Shout out to the ref who was in the mood for booking literally every swear word uttered on the pitch - I don't believe I have ever seen take the rule so literally!

Bizarre game at Kirkcaldy today Arniston storm into a 3 0 lead before eventually being beaten 5 3. 

Leith take advantage of ww s poorest performance for weeks to win 4 1. 

It's tight for that 14th spot.

Am I right in thinking 4 could go down depending on what happens further up the pyramid? 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Dunipace swatting aside St Andrews the day's interesting result... other members of top 5 all won; everybody in bottom 5 lost; those 6 between will be glad of points, helping keep heads above 14th.

image.png.d556165ffbcef903f9b4222badd39c55.png

image.png.f5c25f396c26d153e86492edbe63cb06.png

On 21/01/2024 at 15:42, Passthebaw said:

What happened Saturday? Didn't see that one coming!

8 changes to settled team, basically not good enough on the day, well beaten and Heriot Watt deserved winners as the scoreline suggests..

Another excellent home win for Pace against St Andrews on Saturday, could and probably should have been a much heavier defeat for the Saints only outstanding repeated saves for their keeper kept the scoreline respectable. 

Pace playing really well at home and in general at the moment, the blip at Heriot Watt was due to wholesale team changes and normal service was resumed with the starting 11 against St Andrews.

Sam Colley is unplayable at the moment and the team looks really balanced, avoid defeat in the 2nd attempt for Whitburn away on Saturday leads to a run of decent fixtures (which will probably cause us more problems than fixtures against the top 5 🤣).

Having seen all teams in the league, there’s no way I can see Pace not being promoted but it is very tight at the top, and with Camelon and Whitburn continuing to spend they are only going to get stronger, and nothing can be taken as a given.

Mon the Pace 

On 30/01/2024 at 13:49, Mon the Pace said:

Another excellent home win for Pace against St Andrews on Saturday, could and probably should have been a much heavier defeat for the Saints only outstanding repeated saves for their keeper kept the scoreline respectable. 

Pace playing really well at home and in general at the moment, the blip at Heriot Watt was due to wholesale team changes and normal service was resumed with the starting 11 against St Andrews.

Sam Colley is unplayable at the moment and the team looks really balanced, avoid defeat in the 2nd attempt for Whitburn away on Saturday leads to a run of decent fixtures (which will probably cause us more problems than fixtures against the top 5 🤣).

Having seen all teams in the league, there’s no way I can see Pace not being promoted but it is very tight at the top, and with Camelon and Whitburn continuing to spend they are only going to get stronger, and nothing can be taken as a given.

Mon the Pace 

I think you're a certainty on current form, but you've still got to play Nitten twice! Yes, Nitten have played many more games than others, and they have a big test tomorrow in the local derby versus Arniston, but they've got the points in the bag.

There's gonna be 2-3 games a week for some teams soon, add that to injuries and suspensions, and you never know what might happen! 

2 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

I think you're a certainty on current form, but you've still got to play Nitten twice! Yes, Nitten have played many more games than others, and they have a big test tomorrow in the local derby versus Arniston, but they've got the points in the bag.

There's gonna be 2-3 games a week for some teams soon, add that to injuries and suspensions, and you never know what might happen! 

Nitten on a current 7-match winning streak, as far as league is concerned, scoring 26 goals and conceding 7 in the process.

Dunipace on 5 match winning streak, Cameron 2 wins in row, Whitburn 1 win, with St Andrews on 2 match losing run.

Nitten should(?) beat Arniston tomorrow, then have a crunch match the following week, at home to 3rd placed Cameron. Win both, then I think Nitten have strong chance of finishing in top 3, come end of season.  

11 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Nitten on a current 7-match winning streak, as far as league is concerned, scoring 26 goals and conceding 7 in the process.

Dunipace on 5 match winning streak, Cameron 2 wins in row, Whitburn 1 win, with St Andrews on 2 match losing run.

Nitten should(?) beat Arniston tomorrow, then have a crunch match the following week, at home to 3rd placed Cameron. Win both, then I think Nitten have strong chance of finishing in top 3, come end of season.  

Apparently it's 8 straight wins and unbeaten since September. No doubt the experience they've brought in has helped after a poor start. 

On today, I was very impressed by Arniston when they beat Nitten earlier in the season (that day my have been Nitten's last defeat!?) so I'm really surprised they're in the relegation zone. 🤞 today for Nitten.

Edited by Passthebaw

Magnificent 2nd half performance from 10 man Whitburn,to earn a well deserved draw near the end of the game.

Magnificent celebrations on and off the park,when big Ross poked it home. 

Hopefully they can kick on after a horror last couple of months. 

6 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Apparently it's 8 straight wins and unbeaten since September. No doubt the experience they've brought in has helped after a poor start. 

On today, I was very impressed by Arniston when they beat Nitten earlier in the season (that day my have been Nitten's last defeat!?) so I'm really surprised they're in the relegation zone. 🤞 today for Nitten.

Given the current league positions and fact that Arniston had lost their last 4 league matches, certainly didn’t envisage that loss today from Nitten. At least it is softened a wee bit by the draw between Whitburn andvDunipace. 

20 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Given the current league positions and fact that Arniston had lost their last 4 league matches, certainly didn’t envisage that loss today from Nitten. At least it is softened a wee bit by the draw between Whitburn andvDunipace. 

Yes and no. Whitburn getting a point today keeps them right n the mix. I think Nitten would be happy just to be promoted and if Camelon and Dunipace keeping winning, so be it. 

Nitten not great today. Very soft 1st goal for defence to reflect on. Harsh penalty for Arniston's 2nd, but Nitten had 40 minutes to equalise. Well done to Arniston.

19 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

👀