First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

7 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Wasn't in the dugout tonight at a decent game between Rosyth & Nitten. Impressed by a strong looking home side but Nitten edged it with some great individual performances in a team full of lads in their late teens to early 20s! 👏👏

I think Nitten will only get stronger as the season goes on. 

Blackburns defeat to Lochore was a big surprise. I had them down as one of my favourites for promotion but they have only won two out of six. 

Camelon v Dunipace should be a cracker on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whitburn 2 St Andrews 3

A quite superb game of football saw Saints come back from two down to secure a huge victory.

Whitburn hit the woodwork twice and missed a few opportunities but we blew enough chances to win three games. It was plain to see why both teams are at the top of the table.

That’s 12 wins in 13 games in all competitions for us this season. 

Long May it continue.

Wasn't in attendance at Central Park yesterday but from what I've heard both teams played magnificent and on the day,Saints took their chances more decisively than Whitburn. 

Attended both games last season and they too were something else,hopefully both sides will be in the EoSFL Premier next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Magnificent win for the Downdie Army in what felt like a "home" game with the amount of Whitburn fans attending..........

Couldn't have argued if it had finished a draw as Blackburn gave as good as they got but delighted all the same as don't think the ladz played as well as they can and still won.

Blackburn's no.11 is a player and for me was the best player on the park.

The celebrations for the 3rd goal from the young ultras and some older fans behind the goal where Whitburn scored the winner,summed up how much this win meant .

Kudos to Blackburn Bowling Club for their hospitality to the Whitburn fans pre-match 👍

6 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Couldn't have argued if it had finished a draw as Blackburn gave as good as they got but delighted all the same as don't think the ladz played as well as they can and still won.

Blackburn's no.11 is a player and for me was the best player on the park.

Blackburn’s No.9 (Devine?) terrorised Whitburn for most of the game, as did Blackburn’s No.10 - they combined brilliantly for Blackburn’s second goal.

To lose them both at the same time when Devine was red carded for squaring up to a Whitburn player who had fouled him in front of the enclosure just as the No.10 was down injured and eventually substituted in the aftermath of the sending off badly affected Blackburn.

Getting caught trying to play out from the back to unnecessarily concede the late winner was ultimately unforgivable from a Blackburn point of view.

Blackburn’s No.11 (Hutton I think?) was indeed a constant threat to Whitburn (even when moved to right back during one reshuffle to accommodate for injuries before being pushed back up front) but for me the home sides central midfielder (Meikle?) was head and shoulders above all else on the park.

Great to see a big crowd - mostly from Whitburn but a healthy enough home support too - and to see the ‘young ultras’ from both sides at the game, good on them and hopefully they keep cheering on their respective sides and grow in number. Both clubs deserve the support. Their drums were a wee bit sore on the ears though!

Edited by Anderson Wright

With about 1/3 of both the season and the fixtures elapsed: time to take stock.

Intensely competitive up top as a 'first 4' set the early pace with a 'next 4' in hot pursuit.

Bottom half equally tight but Oakley and Vale are already haunted by the spectre of another relegation.

image.png.d377f59302b9cdeb8862fcd903fe9742.png

2 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Camelon's only defeats have been against Dunipace and Whitburn, can't seem to cope with the better teams. Good exciting league though

Beat St Andrews. I thought we were unlucky yesterday a draw would have been a better reflection of thr game. 

Dunipace put us well to the sword

Was home for the weekend so took in the Star vs Vale game. The difference from last season to this season is night and day.

Paul has brought legs into that side along with experience in Adam and the boy Neave. Robbo causing mayhem with his relentless running and the two boys out wide were a constant threat especially the youngster Barrowman.

Exciting time to be a Star fan and if they get time I reckon the management will have them on an upward trajectory.