First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

5 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Yip; certainly not crowing about my prediction!!

Maybe on a railway note @platform 19 has different views 😉

Massive 3 points lost by Nitten.

I'm more concerned aboot the bottom places though from what I can read more than matched Camelon despite another loss.

Not much in this league from top to bottom? 

Edited by newcastle broon

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm more concerned aboot the bottom places though from what I can read more than matched Camelon despite another loss.

Tight at the top, tight at the bottom. 

VoL and Oakley will go down, anyone else as far up as 8th is not safe.

Any 3 from the top 5 could go up but Dunipace by far the best team I've seen in this league so on that basis, I hope they get a promotion slot 

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

Tight at the top, tight at the bottom. 

VoL and Oakley will go down, anyone else as far up as 8th is not safe.

Any 3 from the top 5 could go up but Dunipace by far the best team I've seen in this league so on that basis, I hope they get a promotion slot 

Totally agree about Dunipace. They have just come through a brutal run of games with 10 points out of 12 so with only Newtongrange left to play out of their rivals they have to be odds on for promotion.

The big games keep on coming.

Whitburn v Camelon next Saturday then Newtongrange v Camelon the following week.

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Very good first half from welfare. Wouldn't expect anything less than a tough game against Jack lynch team. 

Gordon said in his interview whitehi probably dominated most of the first half. We were poor but whitehill worked hard. 2nd half we stepped up a bit of quality and that was probably the difference that wee step up a gear to grab the win. Kieran dolans goals were out of this world. 

This league shows that we will need to work hard against all the teams to get promotion

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Newtongrange have still to play Camelon, Dunipace twice, St Andrews and Whitburn: so very much in own hands to stop lead being eroded.

Dunipace as noted have just to play Newtongrange.

Whitburn have 9 home games 5 away to go.

On 04/02/2024 at 01:28, newcastle broon said:

Should be a good battle to avoid that 3rd relegation spot at the foot of the table. 
WW have spent generously this year, I expected them to be much higher up the table, surely not another relegation on the cards for them.

I think Arniston will survive which is a positive after promotion last season to be staying in that league. Leith picked up a bit.
Between Heriot Watt / WW & Lochore.

6 minutes ago, Problem Child said:

Should be a good battle to avoid that 3rd relegation spot at the foot of the table. 
WW have spent generously this year, I expected them to be much higher up the table, surely not another relegation on the cards for them.

I think Arniston will survive which is a positive after promotion last season to be staying in that league. Leith picked up a bit.

Might be 4 goes down as its looking like Edinburgh uni will go down if broxburn don't win the playoff

12 hours ago, Problem Child said:

Out of interest who have WW spent "generously" on ?

I expected them to be higher too but been hit by the treatment table.

I wasn't expecting promotion given the teams that came up but certainly wasn't expecting a relegation battle.

If you read back on the thread a 4th relegation was mentioned not that long ago.

Any reasoning as to why Arniston will survive? Took a pumping at WW recently.

Leith have improved because of the goal machine centre forward from Tranent. Maybe they spent "generously ".

Not sure about the students or Lochore.

Edited by newcastle broon

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Out of interest who have WW spent "generously" on ?

I wasn't expecting promotion given the teams that came up but certainly wasn't expecting a relegation battle.

If you read back on the thread a 4th relegation was mentioned not that long ago.

Leith have improved because of the goal machine centre forward from Tranent. Maybe they spent "generously ".

I did not set out to noise you up, just giving my opinion and i am happy to do so again on the points you raise.

RE: Out of interest who have WW spent "generously" on ?

Not individually, There hasn't been that "BIG NAME" Signing at WW. However at one stage every 2nd day there was a new signing being announced on social media, No "glamourous" signings, mostly middle of the road ex-preston / sunday ams lads that don't seem good enough.  your website shows 33 first-team players, Most likely not accurate but it was the wage bill I was implying where WW spent generously this year. 

Every team gets hit with injuries, but you recruit well with cover in positions for scenarios like this, I go back to my point above, 33 signed players !!! 

My bad, seen it now.

I recall watching WW in the LL not so long ago, been on a free fall ever since. million dollar question is WHY? VOL are the same.

Yeah, I think they Arniston are a better-coached team and also with a better playing squad, Arniston also pumped Nitten recently too, it doesn't work like that.

Firstly, I believe that's a loan deal, Regardless, what a great bit of business that is for them, Good recruitment. That can save your season and your job.

Heriot Watt always seem to grind out results when the going gets tough, Beejay wont go down without a fight. Lochore have a few games in hand and still WW to play i believe, that could be a very interesting encounter.

6 hours ago, Problem Child said:

I did not set out to noise you up, just giving my opinion and i am happy to do so again on the points you raise.

RE: Out of interest who have WW spent "generously" on ?

Not individually, There hasn't been that "BIG NAME" Signing at WW. However at one stage every 2nd day there was a new signing being announced on social media, No "glamourous" signings, mostly middle of the road ex-preston / sunday ams lads that don't seem good enough.  your website shows 33 first-team players, Most likely not accurate but it was the wage bill I was implying where WW spent generously this year. 

Every team gets hit with injuries, but you recruit well with cover in positions for scenarios like this, I go back to my point above, 33 signed players !!! 

My bad, seen it now.

I recall watching WW in the LL not so long ago, been on a free fall ever since. million dollar question is WHY? VOL are the same.

Yeah, I think they Arniston are a better-coached team and also with a better playing squad, Arniston also pumped Nitten recently too, it doesn't work like that.

Firstly, I believe that's a loan deal, Regardless, what a great bit of business that is for them, Good recruitment. That can save your season and your job.

Heriot Watt always seem to grind out results when the going gets tough, Beejay wont go down without a fight. Lochore have a few games in hand and still WW to play i believe, that could be a very interesting encounter.

Didn't noise me up just wondered where you got your info from?

I don't think they have anywhere near 33 players,I'm well aware every team has an injured list but WW been using 20s kids on the bench as well as on the park so defo not got 33 players. 

I don't think they're in freefall and im realistic enough that whilst they may never see the LL ever again i think they are or at least minimum should be a bottom 6 premier top 6 1st division team.

The reasoning why they've dropped down the leagues has been done a few times on here wi a multitude of excuses.

My reasoning is a mixture of having to find funding for ground improvements (they own the park so more difficult to maintain) and the bigger supported junior clubs coming through the pyramid. When they were the only senior team in Midlothian they could attract players mainly with the attraction of the Scottish Cup. That carrot went long ago as more and more clubs got licensed which as I've stated before,both associations merging could only have been for the good of the game.  

Didn't realise the Leith lad was on loan, I guess dropping down the leagues is another lad just wanting to play wi his mates as could play higher than the EoSFL div 1. Regardless,like you say that's a game changer for Leith. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Didn't noise me up just wondered where you got your info from?

I don't think they have anywhere near 33 players,I'm well aware every team has an injured list but WW been using 20s kids on the bench as well as on the park so defo not got 33 players. 

I don't think they're in freefall and im realistic enough that whilst they may never see the LL ever again i think they are or at least minimum should be a bottom 6 premier top 6 1st division team.

The reasoning why they've dropped down the leagues has been done a few times on here wi a multitude of excuses.

My reasoning is a mixture of having to find funding for ground improvements (they own the park so more difficult to maintain) and the bigger supported junior clubs coming through the pyramid. When they were the only senior team in Midlothian they could attract players mainly with the attraction of the Scottish Cup. That carrot went long ago as more and more clubs got licensed which as I've stated before,both associations merging could only have been for the good of the game.  

Didn't realise the Leith lad was on loan, I guess dropping down the leagues is another lad just wanting to play wi his mates as could play higher than the EoSFL div 1. Regardless,like you say that's a game changer for Leith. 

Superb honest post and I couldn’t agree more with the Scottish cup carrot that was once a massive selling point for the club, A huge magnet other clubs couldn’t offer. 
Hope to see WW back up where they belong.

18 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I had heard this last night as well. Sad news.

Given that Lidl are no longer building  on the old park it appears Rosyth have been royally shafted.

absolutely 

the council and councillors involved are a disgrace to have let that happen 

Sounds like the conman has got himself a brand new Astro for free killing one fife club at the facility he also coned his way into owning when trying to kill another.

Unfortunately was always a worry once the location of the new ground was picked

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Sounds like the conman has got himself a brand new Astro for free killing one fife club at the facility he also coned his way into owning when trying to kill another.

Unfortunately was always a worry once the location of the new ground was picked

What's happening with the ground that lidls bought?