Jump to content

First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24


Recommended Posts

No division has seen a greater 'churn' - with Arniston, Heriot-Watt Uni, St Andrews and Whitburn ascending plus Blackburn, Oakley and Vale of Leithen descending.

On paper perhaps the most competitive division with a dozen contenders.

image.png.27b6026b7d45b1fd151c7a068ae25877.png     image.png.8e7e925c950c1854a53d4ed03d9c6805.png


Opening week:

image.png.f6eaabd018ad089ce42d89c214be790a.png
   image.png.1ecbb228bc16153c8a0b7f29305d0e8f.png
image.png.da19b68e32138246e40e26464cb3d569.png
   image.png.7c1d4ec6e7edbf821094972c96506c2c.png
image.png.decc5fe4e34798eecafb467e7827110b.png
   image.png.daa7520f61508c5701eb43c16710bd7f.png
image.png.63586bea5ecf280414982b19bc36dcae.png
   image.png.8fada639a46a91dd8d947874394c677c.png


September international weekend:

image.png.d79fb8408629f9ba06b2d3c6f390712d.png
   image.png.dbaed80e81b32f5a515c8740b8f5b5a5.png


New Year:

image.png.22d7f8c279df24ca5e3aaee983881e5f.png
image.png.4b4c3834363c29875f9d0048a6c21fc8.png
   image.png.a5bda127f1757efd2b73fb70c6286181.png
image.png.9ac3bb329034d26e13137fb1ed4740af.png
   image.png.a3da7dcd553abf8f8081e8e1bf85068b.png
image.png.64e58c4a929b17fec5304d6de1ab1bb0.png
   image.png.ffa2b637c44880840029fb6634a2b7ae.png


Closing fortnight:

image.png.f01a5a3478266bbb2e3693fcdd0d5c85.png
   image.png.979f7fea615a27fdcd0990c3faf14650.png
image.png.187615978e6fa928bba1ed550b66db85.png
   image.png.92cc82ba63db010cfc100513afb894a9.png
image.png.6214f1ef3b45918bfb6db277ea463448.png
   image.png.8945b10b89b9ee4414f881ba9a33001c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will Camelon see out the season or will they go the same way as sygenta?

Will the Vale make it 3 relegations on the trot?

Will Nitten’s band of under 20s make the step up and challenge for promotion?

its looking like a belter of a league that’s for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

No division has seen a greater 'churn' - with Arniston, Heriot-Watt Uni, St Andrews and Whitburn ascending plus Blackburn, Oakley and Vale of Leithen descending.

On paper perhaps the most competitive division with a dozen contenders.

image.png.27b6026b7d45b1fd151c7a068ae25877.png     image.png.8e7e925c950c1854a53d4ed03d9c6805.png


Opening week:

image.png.f6eaabd018ad089ce42d89c214be790a.png
   image.png.1ecbb228bc16153c8a0b7f29305d0e8f.png
image.png.da19b68e32138246e40e26464cb3d569.png
   image.png.7c1d4ec6e7edbf821094972c96506c2c.png
image.png.decc5fe4e34798eecafb467e7827110b.png
   image.png.daa7520f61508c5701eb43c16710bd7f.png
image.png.63586bea5ecf280414982b19bc36dcae.png
   image.png.8fada639a46a91dd8d947874394c677c.png


September international weekend:

image.png.d79fb8408629f9ba06b2d3c6f390712d.png
   image.png.dbaed80e81b32f5a515c8740b8f5b5a5.png


New Year:

image.png.22d7f8c279df24ca5e3aaee983881e5f.png
image.png.4b4c3834363c29875f9d0048a6c21fc8.png
   image.png.a5bda127f1757efd2b73fb70c6286181.png
image.png.9ac3bb329034d26e13137fb1ed4740af.png
   image.png.a3da7dcd553abf8f8081e8e1bf85068b.png
image.png.64e58c4a929b17fec5304d6de1ab1bb0.png
   image.png.ffa2b637c44880840029fb6634a2b7ae.png


Closing fortnight:

image.png.f01a5a3478266bbb2e3693fcdd0d5c85.png
   image.png.979f7fea615a27fdcd0990c3faf14650.png
image.png.187615978e6fa928bba1ed550b66db85.png
   image.png.92cc82ba63db010cfc100513afb894a9.png
image.png.6214f1ef3b45918bfb6db277ea463448.png
   image.png.8945b10b89b9ee4414f881ba9a33001c.png

Sent you private message re map graphic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Is there an issue or error with it?

None whatsover - it's brilliant!  I was just messaging to try to get permission to possibly use it on a programme cover. I never just use graphics or photos etc without the permission of the owner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Boris57 said:

None whatsover - it's brilliant!  I was just messaging to try to get permission to possibly use it on a programme cover. I never just use graphics or photos etc without the permission of the owner.

It's from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_East_of_Scotland_Football_League so it can be used freely (or maybe with just a credit to Wikipedia). 

Could probably be improved for print if you want, especially the labels if they were changed to black and bold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It's from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_East_of_Scotland_Football_League so it can be used freely (or maybe with just a credit to Wikipedia). 

Could probably be improved for print if you want, especially the labels if they were changed to black and bold.

Noted.  Appreciate comments & guidance.  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Blackburn Utd 5-2 Arniston Rangers
Heriot-Watt University 1-2 Dunipace
Leith Athletic 0-1 Camelon
Preston Athletic 2-1 Lochore Welfare
Rosyth 2-0 Whitehill Welfare
St Andrews Utd 5-4 Newtongrange Star
Vale of Leithen 2-4 Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Whitburn 4-1 Oakley Utd


Appropriately for a division looking intensely competitive most scorelines were close; though relegated Blackburn and promoted Whitburn laid down markers.

Incredible match at St Andrews.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whitburn by far and away the better side on the day.

Tight 1st half .....1-0 HT

Then Whitburn raced into a 4-0 lead as the 2nd half progressed. 

Oakley with a cracking free kick and consolidation at the death .

Edited by Dav nan Gael
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Incredible indeed Hibee.

4-2 up with a minute of normal time left against 10 men you’d think Saints would see out the time. But no they lose a poor goal from a set piece, score straight from the kick off and then lose another moments later and end up hanging on.

Three of the goals we gave away were criminal. We can’t afford to do that in our upcoming games which are against three of the best teams in the division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, Camelon, Blackburn, Whitburn, Kirkcaldy and Dunipace will be vying with ourselves and Newtongrange for promotion.

six out of those seven won so no real surprises yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

For me, Camelon, Blackburn, Whitburn, Kirkcaldy and Dunipace will be vying with ourselves and Newtongrange for promotion.

six out of those seven won so no real surprises yesterday.

I'd throw in Rosyth as an outside chance, they look solid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

The tight pitch didn't work in Cowdens favour last month.

Were they pretty physical against yous yesterday?

Wasn't there yesterday so can't comment.

One visit was enough for me last season though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...