First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

On 25/10/2023 at 08:52, Starblue said:

Was home for the weekend so took in the Star vs Vale game. The difference from last season to this season is night and day.

Paul has brought legs into that side along with experience in Adam and the boy Neave. Robbo causing mayhem with his relentless running and the two boys out wide were a constant threat especially the youngster Barrowman.

Exciting time to be a Star fan and if they get time I reckon the management will have them on an upward trajectory.

I was at the game today as a neutral, I work my way around the Fife clubs when not following my beloved Jam Tarts.
This post was being discussed by a few of the Newtongrange fans standing next to me. 

They never gave off the impression that it is a good time to be a Nitten fan or that your current gaffer is the right man for the job. 

Innerleithen cracking wee toun,ground one of the most picturesque in Scotland but oh VoL are on a one way ticket tae the EoSFL 3rd Division. 

Gap in quality between the teams was huge Whitburn were up 8 nil at half time. 

Understandably took there foot of the gas 2nd half but at the death managed to get into double figures. 

Massive game next Saturday at home to Dunipace.........

Was nothing to do with the rammy - after that the home keeper and a Pace player went for the ball and the Whitburn keeper looked to get a serious leg injury.

He was about half way and you could hear his agony from behind the goal.

51 minutes ago, drs said:

Was nothing to do with the rammy - after that the home keeper and a Pace player went for the ball and the Whitburn keeper looked to get a serious leg injury.

He was about half way and you could hear his agony from behind the goal.

Sorry to hear that. Was very hard to tell from the Twitter feed as no other details were given than the tweet above.

Last week was historic for Heriot-Watt Uni: on Sat reached Alex Jack final for first time after 35yrs trying; on Wed hosted Stirling Uni in first-ever Scottish derby at BUCS British Premier level. (Sadly lost 2-3 and with only 1pt at halfway stage are facing getting relegated back to Scottish 1A).

Always depend on ref report and board but routinely if a game is abandoned by an injury or weather it'll be replayed; if abandoned due to fighting it'll go to SFA and/or league disciplinary panel (most recent example Peebles v Easthouses a few seasons ago IIRC - abandoned in stoppage time after a mass brawl - which was ordered replayed).

• 3 weeks later...

Took in today's top of table clash between Newtongrange and Whitburn today. Comfortable 4-1 win for Star... scoreline maybe slightly flatters them, but it was a deserved win to take them top of the table.

Whitburn missed a couple of early chances, one of which was glorious and a bad miss by the striker. It came back to bite them as Star went 2 up at the break and made it 3 early in the 2nd half. Soon after the 3rd, Whitburn got their goal and then pushed to get another which just never came, eventually being hit on the break as Star added a 4th.

With scoring complete, Whitburn went down to 10 men for a silly foul by Chris Hughes... a frustrated lunge from behind.

Decent entertainment given the horrendous weather.

There are five teams pulling away from the pack.

Newtongrange are building up a head of steam but they have played three or four games more than the other contenders. 

I thought Dunipace might have slipped up at Rosyth but three goals in the first five minutes out paid to that.

Potentially tricky games for Camelon, Whitburn and Dunipace next week.

Be nice if we could get a full card next weekend.

2 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Newtongrange are building up a head of steam but they have played three or four games more than the other contenders. 

I thought Dunipace might have slipped up at Rosyth but three goals in the first five minutes out paid to that.

Nitten are probably not going to win the league because of them playing more games but are certainly in the hunt for promotion 

16 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Nitten are probably not going to win the league because of them playing more games but are certainly in the hunt for promotion 

You could well be right but their next three games are home ties they will be favourites for followed by Vale of Leithen and Oakley away.

I wouldn’t rule them out.

14 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Any idea of the fixtures? I can't make it to Hamilton but would still like to take my son to a nearby game if there is one