First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

11 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Not sure what the obsession with linos at this level they are no help whatsoever at this level. The refs tell them not to do anything or they are standing waiting on the them telling them the decision and getting paid £40 in the process

agree, absolutely petrified to make their own decisions even when in a better position than the refs.

1 hour ago, searchers1963 said:

Not sure what the obsession with linos at this level they are no help whatsoever at this level. The refs tell them not to do anything or they are standing waiting on the them telling them the decision and getting paid £40 in the process

Having to deal with some of these mobs wouldn't be for the faint-hearted and I could see why they would chicken out of decisions.

I believe the refs do make some good offside calls considering where they are on the pitch.

Better reffing kids for some more bob and hassle.

Screenshot_20230803_170738_Outlook.jpg

7 minutes ago, Crow said:

No wonder there is a shortage of officials. £35 to have glorified amateur players and some of the half wits that support and run clubs treating you the way they do.

Not going to lie I would be a lino for £35 🤣 little bit of pocket when I'm on leave.

The worse I've seen a ref getting treated was Newburgh vs Coupar Angus. Poor lad was getting mentally tormented for 90mins by that midlands mob.

They're on their own out there and it can really turn against you.

Guess £70 is a lot of money to pay if it isn't necessary to have at this level.

26 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Not going to lie I would be a lino for £35 🤣 little bit of pocket when I'm on leave.

The worse I've seen a ref getting treated was Newburgh vs Coupar Angus. Poor lad was getting mentally tormented for 90mins by that midlands mob.

They're on their own out there and it can really turn against you.

Guess £70 is a lot of money to pay if it isn't necessary to have at this level.

Ha ha 👍. The worst I think I saw was up at Ballingry (RIP) about 15 years ago I can’t remember who they were playing. The referee couldn’t get off the pitch at the end. Assistants help massively with offside calls but definitely an expense that would add up across a season. 

Edited by Crow

17 minutes ago, Crow said:

Ha ha 👍. The worst I think I saw was up at Ballingry (RIP) about 15 years ago I can’t remember who they were playing. The referee couldn’t get off the pitch at the end. Assistants help massively with offside calls but definitely an expense that would add up across a season. 

Yes the offside decisions would be greatly improved! 

The other night at Lochore, a Whitburn player was hanging off a lochore players arm with both arms and the lochy player has thrown his arm back to get him off and caught him an absolute dinger with his elbow under his eye socket. There was a random guy with the offside flag right beside the place of crime as well, but, after the soft brawl broke out no cards were issued, even though a yellow and a red should have been shown.

Saw this at Oakley as well, a non referee with the flag but made no attempt to follow the play up the touchline 🤣

15 years ago ? I wouldnt have long been at high school, maybe their prime days. Feel like the Kelty Beach rovers just dissolved recently though! Would be great to see some more respect for referees / sole referees!

48 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Yes the offside decisions would be greatly improved! 

The other night at Lochore, a Whitburn player was hanging off a lochore players arm with both arms and the lochy player has thrown his arm back to get him off and caught him an absolute dinger with his elbow under his eye socket. There was a random guy with the offside flag right beside the place of crime as well, but, after the soft brawl broke out no cards were issued, even though a yellow and a red should have been shown.

Saw this at Oakley as well, a non referee with the flag but made no attempt to follow the play up the touchline 🤣

15 years ago ? I wouldnt have long been at high school, maybe their prime days. Feel like the Kelty Beach rovers just dissolved recently though! Would be great to see some more respect for referees / sole referees!

Why would they keep up with play club linesmen are only their to say ball is out basically. Can't give offside. Can't help the ref but seeing as the real assistants don't it won't make a difference 

20 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Why would they keep up with play club linesmen are only their to say ball is out basically. Can't give offside. Can't help the ref but seeing as the real assistants don't it won't make a difference 

Fair fair. It would just mean people in the crowd don't need to listen to a whiny cokehead every time the ball goes over the top of them.

On 03/08/2023 at 08:47, patriot1 said:

Absolutely. We had several players missing last night.

And our next two games are against teams that will be challenging for promotion so it doesn’t get any easier.

Great win for camelon. We were phenomenal. Think st Andrews had an off day as well

On 04/08/2023 at 10:03, Crow said:

A City fan acting as neutral linesman once got a Gala player booked at Netherdale for calling him a cheating b. He put his flag up, ref came over and asked him what the matter was 

Gala manager John Clark was raging 😆

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A City fan acting as neutral linesman once got a Gala player booked at Netherdale for calling him a cheating b. He put his flag up, ref came over and asked him what the matter was 

Grass! 🙊😂

8 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Great win for camelon. We were phenomenal. Think st Andrews had an off day as well

All I can say is thank goodness I was working yesterday.

And to think we took the lead as well.

Next up Dunipace at home so it doesn’t get any easier.

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You big grass Tam 🤣🤣.

On 06/08/2023 at 00:20, tamthebam said:

Wallace Weir used to get called a cheatin bassa every week

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2023 at 11:43, TheLad said:

Seems very ambitious.

Wasn't in the dugout tonight at a decent game between Rosyth & Nitten. Impressed by a strong looking home side but Nitten edged it with some great individual performances in a team full of lads in their late teens to early 20s! 👏 👏