First Refusal: the EOS First Division 2023-24

49 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I might have missed something but have they made a decision on Heriot Watt WW yet ?

2 teams near the relegation places? 

Point(s) could play a massive part in who stays up and should maybes be clarified asap ? 

How are your Christmas preparations going, Newky...

stoning.jpg.ec8a89b802033b4b254570e6dab41091.jpg

I think this year is the 25th anniversary too.. :P

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I might have missed something but have they made a decision on Heriot Watt WW yet ?

2 teams near the relegation places? 

Point(s) could play a massive part in who stays up and should maybes be clarified asap ? 

Well the dunipace abandonment was after that and that is getting replayed so I'd imagine heriot vs ww will be the same

1 hour ago, searchers1963 said:

Well the dunipace abandonment was after that and that is getting replayed so I'd imagine heriot vs ww will be the same

You would think so but surprised its not been mentioned anywhere especially when it could affect teams around them. 

Edited by newcastle broon

• 2 weeks later...

Dunipace 2 Camelon 1

It was nice to get back to a match after what feels like a long break! A lot of people clearly thought similar and an excellent crowd of over 500 were in for this one.

On the day Dunipace were the better side and deserved the win - Camelon were 2nd to too many balls and just looked a little bit lethargic, but when they pulled one back near the end it woke them a bit a two tremendous saves from the Dunipace keeper ended up getting them the victory. 

Dunipace are now top and must be looking good to at least get promotion. 

Excellent win for St Andrews in an entertaining game at Preston. The hosts played some excellent football in the first half as did Saints but the away side took over in the second half.

That’s us back in the promotion places and still with games in hand on three of our main rivals.

14 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Excellent win for St Andrews in an entertaining game at Preston. The hosts played some excellent football in the first half as did Saints but the away side took over in the second half.

That’s us back in the promotion places and still with games in hand on three of our main rivals.

Good win there on a tough day.

Although Nitten have played a few games more than the teams around them, they've got the points in the bag. With the recent postponements and the weather not even been that bad yet, I'd rather have the points than games in hand. Suspensions, injuries, playing 2-3 games per week, playing each other......it's gonna be a grand finale.

Edited by Passthebaw

7 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Maself and a few others heading to see Whitburn take on the "pace" tommorow. 

What's the parking like in Denny near the ground ?

There is quite a big parking area right beside the ground. If you get there early, should be ok for a space. Failing that, there is on-street parking just beyond the opening for the ground (past petrol station) - easily get parked there and be within a 5 min walk. 

2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

There is quite a big parking area right beside the ground. If you get there early, should be ok for a space. Failing that, there is on-street parking just beyond the opening for the ground (past petrol station) - easily get parked there and be within a 5 min walk. 

Thanx Jordi,much appreciated. 

11 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Maself and a few others heading to see Whitburn take on the "pace" tommorow. 

What's the parking like in Denny near the ground ?

Should be a cracking game. 

Dunipace the best team I've seen in this league so far.

31 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Should be a cracking game. 

Dunipace the best team I've seen in this league so far.

Yeah they're on fire just now.

Since the abandoned clash between the pair,Whitburn's form has dipped.

Looking forward to ticking off a new ground and taking in what should be a good game. 

On 07/01/2024 at 10:22, Passthebaw said:

Good win there on a tough day.

Although Nitten have played a few games more than the teams around them, they've got the points in the bag. With the recent postponements and the weather not even been that bad yet, I'd rather have the points than games in hand. Suspensions, injuries, playing 2-3 games per week, playing each other......it's gonna be a grand finale.

Nitten will need to up their game if they want promotion.

WW more than matched them on the park for long periods last Saturday. A couple of breaks mightve seen a different scoreline but sometimes when yer near the bottom luck is against you.

St Andrews scraped past WW wi a penalty the previous game. 

Small margins and aw that.