Napoleon - good guy or w**k?

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Now you mention wee fella, I recall a book of x rated facts doing the rounds at school, one of which was that Napoleon had a two inch long penis. 

I'm sure Google could confirm but definitely NSFW so I'll pass for now...

Corr…aw, shite!

Fun Fact: Everybody knows that after Waterloo, Napoleon was exiled to Saint Helena in the middle of the South Atlantic.  What is less well known is that there was concern that the French might use Tristan da Cunha as a base to mount a rescue plan despite being nearly 2,500 miles away.  Thus a garrison was sent to Tristan da Cunha in 1816 to prevent this from happening.   The garrison was evacuated a year later but some members chose to remain and they are the ancestors of those people who live there today.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Fun Fact: Everybody knows that after Waterloo, Napoleon was exiled to Saint Helena in the middle of the South Atlantic.  What is less well known is that there was concern that the French might use Tristan da Cunha as a base to mount a rescue plan despite being nearly 2,500 miles away.  Thus a garrison was sent to Tristan da Cunha in 1816 to prevent this from happening.   The garrison was evacuated a year later but some members chose to remain and they are the ancestors of those people who live there today.

You should look up the definition of ‘fun’.

11 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Now you mention wee fella, I recall a book of x rated facts doing the rounds at school, one of which was that Napoleon had a two inch long penis. 

I'm sure Google could confirm but definitely NSFW so I'll pass for now...

what kind of School did you attend 

9 minutes ago, chink said:

Kids are obsessed with the "fnaar, fnaar" aspects of history. There was one ditty that did the rounds at my old school about Good King Billy and a 12 foot willy, but perhaps best not to go into too much detail of the rest, including the neighbour, a snake and a rake. (If you know, you know.)

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

Kids are obsessed with the "fnaar, fnaar" aspects of history. There was one ditty that did the rounds at my old school about Good King Billy and a 12 foot willy, but perhaps best not to go into too much detail of the rest, including the neighbour, a snake and a rake. (If you know, you know.)

i remember that one but to be honest Hitler having one ball was the only thing i can remember like that   apparently true according to Netflix

I recall (vaguely) reading in one of Orwell's essays the suggestion that Napoleon whistled the tune "Malbrough s'en va-t-en guerre" at Waterloo.  This French children's song has the melody we use for "For he's a jolly good fellow".  Assuming that the egotistical Bonaparte was a good judge of character, I'll take his word for it and vote accordingly.

Had  Britain on the back foot in Spain at the start of the  Peninsular War    Done pretty well until his  Moscow   and  Prussia i think  were the decisive  factor at Waterloo   

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Nappy may have been a w@nk but the Tory chunts in charge of Britain at the time made Suella Braverman look like Jeremy Corbyn 

Now that’s a makeover show I’d watch…

Anyway Napoleon > Nelson

15 hours ago, chink said:

Another "fact" I recall from the book is that 3 in every 1000 men can suck their own penis.

Which sparked a playground reworking of the UB40 classic One In Ten.

6 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Another "fact" I recall from the book is that 3 in every 1000 men can suck their own penis.

Which sparked a playground reworking of the UB40 classic One In Ten.

Ron Jeremy's one of them. Look what happened to him.

Say no to autofellatio, gentlemen.

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Thatcher's Cider. Carling Lager. Napoleon Brandy.

Obviously he is a w**k as most alcoholic beverages are named after historical despots by the looks of it.

David Tennant just got lucky one of his ancestors couldn't spell or he would have been the worst of the lot, probably.

I've just discovered Thatcher's Blood Orange cider. I feel dirty ordering it, especially as they've started running Man from Del Monte rip-off adverts casting their CEO as Apple Jesus.