Johnstone Burgh statement

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Personally, I am amazed anyone is talking about this team. There are far better sides in the First Division.

Fair point Jim.

Shotts Bon Accord could go back up along with other former Central League big guns Petershill.

Two giant of the Ayrshire Leagues in kilbirnie and Kilwinning might be finding a new level and another new club in Drumchapel could go up.

I think for those of us who have followed our club for years in this sphere, we grow to cherish the game at this level just as much.

6 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

Everyone at the Thorn friendly the night before (11/7) knew he’d been signed. 

Also when called out on afterwards, Brian said it wasn’t even announced on the 12th but the 13th! Why lie?

Regardless, even if it was not done on purpose (I believe it was and I’ve heard from a current and ex player that it was) it was clumsy and careless, because like it or not it has been viewed that way and as a result, the club are finished to a lot in the town. 

The gaslighting and misrepresentation of those who challenged it, via that abomination of a statement and subsequently on social media has been an utter disgrace.

A burgh ex-player told you ....... doesn't exactly narrow it down any, especially this season 😂

55 minutes ago, cultured_left_foot said:

The Lafferty thing if it was intentional is a bit crass and petty but for people to be ‘done with’ a club or refusing to let their kids join a youth set up because of it is equally petty 

it didn't send a very inclusive message out did it? Who wants to send their wean under the care of the sort of folk who think that stunt was a good plan apart from other plankton? 

1 hour ago, cultured_left_foot said:

The Lafferty thing if it was intentional is a bit crass and petty but for people to be ‘done with’ a club or refusing to let their kids join a youth set up because of it is equally petty 

A bit crass and petty eh?

Big team found.

15 minutes ago, Shanner said:

it didn't send a very inclusive message out did it? Who wants to send their wean under the care of the sort of folk who think that stunt was a good plan apart from other plankton? 

like I said, it was crass and not very well thought out, but I don’t think it really sends out any particular message about inclusiveness, it’s not like there is any anti catholic sentiment attached to it. If people want to be offended or outraged by it that’s up to them but I think it’s a bit of an overreaction

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

A bit crass and petty eh?

Big team found.

yeh I won’t hide the fact that I support Rangers but I would say the same if hypothetically the shoe was on the other foot. It’s a lot of manufactured fuss about something which isn’t really that important. In my opinion of course 

Edited by cultured_left_foot

3 minutes ago, cultured_left_foot said:

like I said, it was crass and not very well thought out, but I don’t think it really sends out any particular message about inclusiveness, it’s not like there is any anti catholic sentiment attached to it. If people want to be offended or outraged by it that’s up to them but I think it’s a bit of an overreaction

Wow.

Just now, cultured_left_foot said:

do you honestly think by JBFC announcing on that date they are endorsing some kind of anti catholic sentiment or message?

While I doubt it was intended as anything more than a deeply pathetic wee stunt for the benefit of halfwits, I'm guessing that even you as an apologist for it can see how it could prove to be problematic if they also want to project an image of being an inclusive community club. 

Normal people will shop around for a less dysfunctional-looking setup to send their weans into. That's not anything like "equally petty", it's just due diligence. 

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

While I doubt it was intended as anything more than a deeply pathetic wee stunt for the benefit of halfwits, I'm guessing that even you as an apologist for it can see how it could prove to be problematic if they also want to project an image of being an inclusive community club. 

Normal people will shop around for a less dysfunctional-looking setup to send their weans into. That's not anything like "equally petty", it's just due diligence. 

Like I said I can see the connotations and JBFC should have put a bit more thought into how it might be received.

I honestly don’t think they’ve demonstrated anything which suggests they aren’t an inclusive club or dysfunctional. I think to suggest that based on a player announcement is a bit of a leap to make. 

Like I said I can see the connotations and JBFC should have put a bit more thought into how it might be received.

I honestly don’t think they’ve demonstrated anything which suggests they aren’t an inclusive club or dysfunctional. I think to suggest that based on a player announcement is a bit of a leap to make. 

You being a supporter of one of the two most polluted and sectarian clubs in the entire world would say that though.

3 hours ago, burghsbest said:

A burgh ex-player told you ....... doesn't exactly narrow it down any, especially this season 😂

They have had an entire team of goalkeepers through the door this season alone. They seem abit of a shambles tbh. 

The guys behind the club are Rangers leaning. That’s fine.

But my contentions were always this.

The Burgh and by extension, our fellow clubs (2 or 3 exceptions aside) are fiercely neutral. Regardless of any “big team” allegiance you held personally, it was left at the door and Johnstone Burgh was very much that club.

My Grandfather helped lay the terracing and my dad nearly played in the first ever side had it not been for a broken ankle. I grew up opposite the ground. 

I digress, that neutrality was compromised by some committee members who’d rocked up at the Burgh for the first time ever, post covid.

They didn’t appreciate the club or that  “safe space” our level of football provided. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

They did it for shits and giggles, underestimated the backlash and doubled down 👍🏼

And yes, when you’ve a right good alternative in Thorn Athletic on your door step, then it’s an easy choice to make. 

Can we please put this crap to rest. Neither Johnstone Burgh Football Club or it's supporters have demonstrated any sectarianism this season. 

We do not have Loyal Flags or are called Johnstone Burgh Rangers. Supporters of other teams have come together to Keanie Park and supported the Burgh and enjoyed seeing entertaining games although recent results may have been unfavorable.

Religion and bigotry does not come into it at all. If you're upset by dates then go see a doctor.

Our supporters have travelled in good numbers to away games and been well received. Never heard anything about sectarianism directed towards us. St Roch's were very friendly.

This drivel of who said what and when and any hidden messages is created by people who don't go to matches and are besotted by the Old Firm.

As for the jealousy of a team that was really struggling now being supported by money men... get over it or see a doctor about what's occupying your mind.

Junior football is dead and buried. Committees of every Club do fantastic jobs but their way of working will no doubt change in future as more money men pump money into WOSFL and EOSFL Clubs. Ambition and planning is what drives Clubs forward. Successful Clubs carry the supporters with them. 

Who doesn't want their football Club to be the best they can be and reach a higher level. Some Clubs like Kilwinning prefer to do it gradually and bring on the under 20s. Other Clubs will make a profit from selling players and feeding the money back into the Club. Many Clubs have an established system of working. Johnstone Burgh didn't. It needed investment both on and off the pitch. Over the last six years they gradually improved and started to get Community support and then got huge investment last year to give them a bigger push. If Auchinleck, Darvel, Pollock and Clydebank want to move up the Leagues, then why not Johnstone Burgh, Drumchapel or Shotts?

Bigotry does not come into it. End of.

Uh-oh.

The stuff we don't want to challenge or talk about.

Let's not bother laying down some wee slabs so that folk can safely reach the other side of the ground without slipping or getting their feet wet.

Let's get our new wealthy benefactors to show how community spirited they are by signing a known bigot & letting folk know about it on the very day of the bigotfest. Then pretend it was a coincidence.

Let's then insist we do so much for the community that we then alienate half of that community for a stupid publicity stunt.

Jealousy big guy ?...Aye, OK.

11 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Uh-oh.

The stuff we don't want to challenge or talk about.

Let's not bother laying down some wee slabs so that folk can safely reach the other side of the ground without slipping or getting their feet wet.

Let's get our new wealthy benefactors to show how community spirited they are by signing a known bigot & letting folk know about it on the very day of the bigotfest. Then pretend it was a coincidence.

Let's then insist we do so much for the community that we then alienate half of that community for a stupid publicity stunt.

Jealousy big guy ?...Aye, OK.

Remember the doctor's closed on Monday