Johnstone Burgh statement

6 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Yes fair point, I always wondered why they created a new club in East Kilbride rather than developing the junior team, which as you say had a fan base, prime town centre site and was in need of investment! We're Thistle not open to it maybe? 

East Kilbride didn't come out of the blue as they were playing in the SAFL prior to joining the Lowland League. At the time East Kilbride was the largest settlement in Scotland without a senior team/team in the pyramid & junior football was a long way away from being on board with the pyramid anytime soon. East Kilbride is big enough to support both clubs imo.

On 18/07/2023 at 08:21, Thejackdaw said:

Honest answer here in relation to your last paragraph , if the club I love started paying guys say between  £600 and £1300 per week  then I would stop going and start going fishing or something.  It wouldn't be for me at all it's just totally wrong for our level and I've witnessed amazing times with beith without seeing  this nonsense being shelled out to players .

I get that but your last sentence probably explains why you are happy with the status quo - you've seen your team win leagues, the junior cup and compete in the Scottish Cup without having a big cash injection.  It's easy to say you don't want it when you don't need it.

Clubs like Beith and Talbot are very much in the minority though. The vast majority of clubs at our level exist from year to year with very little money and very little chance of making it to the Premier League.  Offer fans or the committees of Saltcoats, Lanark or Maybole the chance to have 4-5 years in the limelight and a few trophies and I doubt you'd get the same rejection.

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In all honesty, these chumps are getting way more attention than they deserve. 

But I do get what you're saying although with signings of Lafferty and Dorrans, senior internationalists not so long ago, you must understand why people will take more of an interest in their results and crowds?

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

24 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

But I do get what you're saying although with signings of Lafferty and Dorrans, senior internationalists not so long ago, you must understand why people will take more of an interest in their results and crowds?

Ok but vanity is the real reason behind these sort of "projects" so amassing five pages of posts about their statement plays into their barra. I will now boycott this thread...unless it's something really annoying that gets said.

In answer to your other question I live away so don't get to the Talbot games.

15 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ok but vanity is the real reason behind these sort of "projects" so amassing five pages of posts about their statement plays into their barra. I will now boycott this thread...unless it's something really annoying that gets said.

I'm sure it won't be long before you are replying then! 😂

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

How can you see if  something really annoying gets said if youre boycotting the thread ? 🤔 😆