Arbroath v Dundee United - Friday 4th August 2023

20 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

That's the second time I've seen Arbroath this season and defensively they look pretty poor, so Dundee Utd shouldn't get too carried away. However, there was more fight in that Dundee Utd performance than I saw at any point last season.

What's going on with McFadden's hair? Has he got another appointment in Turkey booked?

Aye....I'd heard Faddy's heid had been 'ploughed', 

I watched the game and United was quickly in charge, Moult was excellent as indeed were the  whole United front line, I was very interested to see Goodwin's views after the game and was impressed with his demeanour, I always liked him when he was with us and  unlike a few of my fellow buddies, I bear him no ill will, he has always seemed to me to be a good and fair man as well as a decent manager and I hope he and United do well this season

That half-time piece was like a spoof of every Dick Campbell interview I've ever seen, what an embarassment. The 'bunnet', him going on about the importance of 'natural enthusiasm' (the line that he ripped off Bill Shankly), him playing the two bob philosopher with his views on life. This nonsense peaked 2 years ago when they almost won the league, the fact the BBC lack the imagination to come up with anything different than this garbage again is probably not surprising, but disappointing. The fact it was sandwiched in the middle of a 4-0 hammering was pretty funny though.

9 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

That half-time piece was like a spoof of every Dick Campbell interview I've ever seen, what an embarassment. The 'bunnet', him going on about the importance of 'natural enthusiasm' (the line that he ripped off Bill Shankly), him playing the two bob philosopher with his views on life. This nonsense peaked 2 years ago when they almost won the league, the fact the BBC lack the imagination to come up with anything different than this garbage again is probably not surprising, but disappointing. The fact it was sandwiched in the middle of a 4-0 hammering was pretty funny though.

Mate... given your team hasnt kicked a ball in this league.....I'd countenance silence if I were you.

20 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

This nonsense peaked 2 years ago when they almost won the league, the fact the BBC lack the imagination to come up with anything different than this garbage again is probably not surprising, but disappointing. 

When we reached the Scottish Cup Final 15 years ago, we had a suitably yokel type farmer as chairman.

It remained the BBC's  'go to' angle with us right up until our latest Championship campaign two seasons ago.  He might have not been chairman for over a decade, but he'd held onto his anorak, so we still often got treated to his musings at half time when we featured on TV.  

It's a similar laziness on the part of the broadcaster.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Just now, TONTROOPER said:

Mate... given your team hasnt kicked a ball in this league.....I'd countenance silence if I were you.

Literally no idea what the team I support, or the games they've played, has to do with my opinion on 5 minutes of Television. I'm sure you'll have sound reasoning though.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

Literally no idea what the team I support, or the games they've played, has to do with my opinion on 5 minutes of Television. I'm sure you'll have sound reasoning though.

I recognise a newly promoted upstart when I see one.

Avoiding the eye-bleeding nonsense above, I note with interest that the curtain-raiser for this season's championship hasn't made it to the BBC Football page at all.

A coincidence I'm sure - which channel was tonight's game on?

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Avoiding the eye-bleeding nonsense above, I note with interest that the curtain-raiser for this season's championship hasn't made it to the BBC Football page at all.

A coincidence I'm sure - which channel was tonight's game on?

What's your point  ?

1 minute ago, DUAFC said:

What's your point  ?

I'll humour you. The BBC broadcast the game and yet there's no mention of it on the BBC Football page. If I want to see a match report (or even see that the game was on) I have to go looking for it. Lot of pish.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I'll humour you. The BBC broadcast the game and yet there's no mention of it on the BBC Football page. If I want to see a match report (or even see that the game was on) I have to go looking for it. Lot of pish.

I refer my learned friend to the previous point  - what the feck are you talking about  ?