Queens v Alloa

Meantime back to the thread title, our match at home to Alloa.

Historical they are a difficult and stubborn team for us. I think the game will be similar to our recent East Fife game whereby they sit in keep it tight with the hope of a set piece goal.

Marv's style of football appears to be fast passing with lots of off the ball movement.  Here's hoping Ambrose cruises through the game with Cochrane and Mimnaugh bossing the midfield.

We should have enough to start the league campaign off with a home win.

Edited by bod

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It doesn't annoy me as I have him on ignore. Ironic you're telling me to leave someone alone (even though I never respond to them) when it all started because you had a pop at another poster. 

A poster who should know better and as Fae the Briggs stated above ……….who continually posts as though he is talking down to ignorant pupils. These “ignorant pupils” are fellow supporters after all.

58 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Football supporters come in all shapes and sizes despite what some people on here think there is no right and wrong answer when it comes to opinions. So far as I can see Greenacres is a diehard supporter who attends matches home and away and keeps returning even after a succession of disappointing campaigns. There are plenty who have big ideas on the strategic direction of the club from the sanctuary of their armchair.

Thanks for that I have not missed a home game for over 40 years sometimes I do post rubbish but all I want is to see is Queens winning games of football.

On to that i hope we get off to a good start on Saturday I can see Alloa setting up like East Fife will be very difficult to break down we must move the ball quickly with not so much slow  passing between the defence .

6 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

A poster who should know better and as Fae the Briggs stated above ……….who continually posts as though he is talking down to ignorant pupils. These “ignorant pupils” are fellow supporters after all.

Or maybe he's fed up with the same negative ill informed posts from a certain individual? He'd be better off sticking him on ignore of course but I can't blame someone for responding the way SD did. 

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Thanks for that I have not missed a home game for over 40 years sometimes I do post rubbish but all I want is to see is Queens winning games of football.

On to that i hope we get off to a good start on Saturday I can see Alloa setting up like East Fife will be very difficult to break down we must move the ball quickly with not so much slow  passing between the defence .

Can't really recall many matches against us where Alloa sat in and we had to break them down. They're usually play at a high tempo and get right on your face, and quickly double up on players in possession and break quick from defence to attack. Of course it depends on the players Rice has now  and how they're set up this season but I doubt they'll sit back and let us play freely. 

23 hours ago, Slipmat said:

I'm just hoping that Rice plays McKay, Debayo & Devine in defence, each of whom struggled to reach the heady heights of meh when with us.

Quite like Debayo, definitely a player in there. Not sure Devine's fully fit yet which I'd posit as his most common status as a professional footballer. McKay has been fine - meh.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Quite like Debayo, definitely a player in there. Not sure Devine's fully fit yet which I'd posit as his most common status as a professional footballer. McKay has been fine - meh.

Always thought there was a player in Debayo as well. But his acts of random stupidity became too much for me and I was happy to see him go. Wouldn't surprise me to hear he has a good season at Alloa though. I actually forgot we had Devine. Some memory @Slipmat.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Always thought there was a player in Debayo as well. But his acts of random stupidity became too much for me and I was happy to see him go. Wouldn't surprise me to hear he has a good season at Alloa though. I actually forgot we had Devine. Some memory @Slipmat.

I still don't remember him! 

11 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I still don't remember him! 

Either do I tbh. He played 5 games for us apparently. That's one of those stat websites though, I'm sure our personal statistician will be more accurate :lol:

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Either do I tbh. He played 5 games for us apparently. That's one of those stat websites though, I'm sure our personal statistician will be more accurate :lol:

I only saw him once, against Alloa ironically, so we must have lost, and he was pretty clumsy if I recall.  I think he was a rushed signing after Brownlie left/downed tools.

26 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Came through "biblical" rain at Amisfield half an hour ago ... hopefully shifts by kickoff.

Aye, it's Dumfries Show weekend so should have expected rain, surprised its taken so long. Sun trying to break through but think it's losing the battle. 

Fascinating Q and A with Marv at the sponsors gathering. 

A couple of players will come in this week and there will be some ‘casualties’. 

He demands professionalism and some players didn’t try hard enough in training the day after the East Fife game so trained with the reserves next day. 

Very ambitious and professional. 

Doesn’t care where talent comes from as long as it improves the team. 

Quite happy to bat back daft questions too. 

I like this guy and my optimise is rising for this season.