Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Scotland and England games were great. My first game was the 1-1 1984(?).

It is the oldest International game and our closest rivals/ neighbours/ enemies, however you want to phrase it.

Back in the day it was a massive fixture with fans saving up 2 years in advance for the biannual Wembley trips.

Also used to be one of the few games on television, shown live.

I am looking forward to watching it. I feel the players on both sides and the fans will be up for it.

For a friendly it should be competitive, so it will be interesting to see how we do against one of the higher ranked nations, we may face in Germany.

Going in front after the first 4 games, Scotland stayed in front for more than a century, England only taking the lead in 1983. It's time we regained supremacy. 

After seeing pics of Andy Robertson and Harry Kane at the venue of the first international match, I thought I'd venture along for a wee look since I'm in the vicinity. 

The Wickets hotel used to be a Sunday watering hole for me a long time ago before pubs opened on a Sunday.

I know it's been redeveloped. Google shows opening times but I went on street view and couldn't see any signs for a hotel or bar in Fortrose street. Anyone got any info?

Buzzing for this now. We haven't beaten England in my lifetime so to do that and to be able to say that I saw it live would be incredible. With 2 of England's best players missing and us absolutely flying this is as good a chance as we'll get. Full strength team out, right at them from the start and there's no reason we can't win.

Mon Scotland

49 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Buzzing for this now. We haven't beaten England in my lifetime so to do that and to be able to say that I saw it live would be incredible.

Jesus, that has made me feel old. Sure Hutchinson scored only a few weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

The Wickets hotel used to be a Sunday watering hole for me a long time ago before pubs opened on a Sunday.

I know it's been redeveloped. Google shows opening times but I went on street view and couldn't see any signs for a hotel or bar in Fortrose street. Anyone got any info?

Wickets is long gone. Flats now. There is Partick Bowling club as you go past the school and there is a  bar on the left before you get to Dumbarton Road. You have the cricket club itself and stumps down the ktherside, but that seems to be quite a *** shoap.

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Buzzing for this now. We haven't beaten England in my lifetime so to do that and to be able to say that I saw it live would be incredible. With 2 of England's best players missing and us absolutely flying this is as good a chance as we'll get. Full strength team out, right at them from the start and there's no reason we can't win.

Mon Scotland

Would absolutely be amazing if we won tomorrow and Norway-Georgia draw. 

Can’t wait for the game now. I want to see Pickford and Rice in tears.