Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

7 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Lol. And like yourself for getting your knickers in a twist over playing England in a glorified over priced friendly that means hee haw. 

I can see you’re going for the “I’m edgy” angle and the “look at me, look at me” angle. Just a wee fyi, you’re not edgy and we do see you. 

One for the "terrible journalism" thread, but the BBC said that McTominay would be the first to score in four consecutive home games since Kris Boyd did it in 2007. They also said he scored on each of his first four home caps. He scored against the Faroes, Lithuania and Georgia, but before the Georgia game we played France, in which he didn't score (only scored against diddies did oor Kris). 

I thought I was going daft here, but I'm right aren't I?

11 minutes ago, velo army said:

One for the "terrible journalism" thread, but the BBC said that McTominay would be the first to score in four consecutive home games since Kris Boyd did it in 2007. They also said he scored on each of his first four home caps. He scored against the Faroes, Lithuania and Georgia, but before the Georgia game we played France, in which he didn't score (only scored against diddies did oor Kris). 

Seems to have scored in a friendly against South Africa which I think they are counting.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/players/?pid=24279&lid=1

2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

I couldn't find any info on this. Technically, it's also Scotland's anthem. Unfortunately. Can they impose a fine for dissing your own anthem?   

Answer: Probably.

Apparently we got £4000 fine for booing their anthem at Wembley, in the same game we got (and presumably the English FA also got) fined £16 000 for having the audacity to wear poppies on the armbands for Armistice Day. 

31 minutes ago, velo army said:

Kris Boyd didn’t play v France at Hampden. Albeit one of those home games wasn’t at Hampden (South Africa, at Pittodrie) I think they’re probably right - he scored 5 in his first 4 ‘home’ caps, a goal in each game apart from the first where he scored 2. 

10 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

To be fair, Sir Steve Clarke's team makes it so easy to erase any memory of Kris Boyd ever having played for Scotland against the Faroes, Georgia, Lithuania, South Africa or anyone else.

He was particularly rancid in Skopje v Macedonia, although by no means the only one that day.

A bit harsh he only came off the bench for the last few minutes.

On 10/09/2023 at 23:45, Merkie84 said:

Next 3 fixtures are against England , Spain and France, sides you wouldn’t be surprised to make up 3/4 of the semi finalists next summer. A real test for this squad. Whatever happens , it will be good learning opportunity which will allow this squad to grow and develop further. 

Did you mean "sides you wouldn't be surprised to make up the other 3 semi-finalists next summer"? 🙂