Injuries

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Patterson off with what appears to be a hamstring injury - what a fucking day!

Beaten to it. Just about to post that a rare 45 mins for him hasnt ended well.

Didnt look especially bad. Hopefully just a tweak, but you never know.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Beaten to it. Just about to post that a rare 45 mins for him hasnt ended well.

Didnt look especially bad. Hopefully just a tweak, but you never know.

Rags saying its not looking good. SOD don't pack  up just yet. 

I'm sure more will come put later after the scan.

The national teams injuries are starting to remind me of The Pars earlier this season when it seemed every game saw a player being taken off injured and being out for weeks/months. 
Get McGinn, Robertson, Tierney wrapped in cotton wool now! 😂

49 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

Rags saying its not looking good. SOD don't pack  up just yet. 

I'm sure more will come put later after the scan.

That's not good. Tbh I wasn't really paying much attention to the tv when he picked it up. Game was going through the motions by then. However, he limped off unassisted and walked back to the dug out so it didn't appear to have completely gone. Unless it's very serious most hamstring issues are 4 - 6 weeks which, even if it ends his season, might just about get him back for the Euros. That said, Hickey's been out for 6 months with his!

Seems more likely than ever though that with both our right backs having hamstring issues, even if they make it Clarke's going to have to take Ralston for cover so there's your 23rd man (unless squads are increased to 26). Although Ferguson's absence creates another squad vacancy anyway.

11 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Patterson off with what appears to be a hamstring injury - what a fucking day!

No great loss, I don't think he's improved much at all since he's been at Everton and we are probably better off with Ralston at this moment in time if Hickey doesn't return. 

The other option is to play Fraser at wing back as he once did for us but can't see Clarke trying this out or bringing in Ramsey

2 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

No great loss, I don't think he's improved much at all since he's been at Everton and we are probably better off with Ralston at this moment in time if Hickey doesn't return. 

The other option is to play Fraser at wing back as he once did for us but can't see Clarke trying this out or bringing in Ramsey

I think potentially being left with only Anthony Ralston as a right wing back would be a loss tbh. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I think potentially being left with only Anthony Ralston as a right wing back would be a loss tbh. 

That's why I said the word great before loss. Patterson has been stinking for club and country lately so might turn out to be a good thing. 

SoD played brilliant at Wembley in the last euros so I'm sure we will be able to get someone to fill in adequately. I would be a lot more concerned if Gunn was injured for example though

On recent evidence, it’s a much bigger drop off from Hickey to Patterson than it is from Patterson to Ralston.

I’m hopeful that Hickey will be fit, but if neither of them make it then we might need to try something creative. Would any of the CBs or midfielders have the pace to play RWB?

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

That's why I said the word great before loss. Patterson has been stinking for club and country lately so might turn out to be a good thing. 

SoD played brilliant at Wembley in the last euros so I'm sure we will be able to get someone to fill in adequately. I would be a lot more concerned if Gunn was injured for example though

Is SoD retired from Scotland duty or just phased out? He never let us down. 

23 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Is SoD retired from Scotland duty or just phased out? He never let us down. 

Just phased out but he'd surely be behind Max Johnston at this stage anyway if we needed to call up another right back as well as Ralston. Johnston was in the squad for the French friendly last year.

Edit - Calvin Ramsay has been in a squad more recently than O'Donnell too. Is he injured again or just miles out of favour at Bolton? He's barely kicked a ball this season anyway.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Worst case scenario, I'd go with Ralston and Fraser as the RWB options. I suppose Johnston could be a "bring him along" selection if the squad size gets increased, but I've not been a huge fan of him from the admittedly little I've seen.

Ross McCrorie seems to be playing again after injury, but unsure if Clarkes ever selected him for RWB?

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just phased out but he'd surely be behind Max Johnston at this stage anyway if we needed to call up another right back as well as Ralston. Johnston was in the squad for the French friendly last year.

Edit - Calvin Ramsay has been in a squad more recently than O'Donnell too. Is he injured again or just miles out of favour at Bolton? He's barely kicked a ball this season anyway.

Ross McCrorie - Bristol City 

17 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Ross McCrorie - Bristol City 

Appreciate he's been playing right back for Bristol City recently but never been called up by Scotland in that role has he? I think his previous Scotland calls were as a midfielder.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Harrison Ashby?

Also not a bad shout but only recently come into the u21 squad.

I think both of these will be behind Ralston (obviously) and Max Johnston. Fair chance they are ahead of O'Donnell and Calvin Ramsay though.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Appreciate he's been playing right back for Bristol City recently but never been called up by Scotland in that role has he? I think his previous Scotland calls were as a midfielder.

Also not a bad shout but only recently come into the u21 squad.

I think both of these will be behind Ralston (obviously) and Max Johnston. Fair chance they are ahead of O'Donnell and Calvin Ramsay though.

I tend to agree it's Ralston and Johnston that will go. I can't see Clarke throwing a new guy in there for the first time at the Euros and it's probably why he integrated the likes of Johnston a while back.