Edinburgh City v Queens

If we defend anything like we did against Alloa then we will get nothing .

Hopefully Marv picks the right team and set up as he got it all wrong against Alloa.

We might have Doherty and Bryson back for this both are  back training. 

15 hours ago, Greenacres said:

If we defend anything like we did against Alloa then we will get nothing ...

You might be onto something there ...

No, seriously - this is a big game for Marvin and the team.  Many see Embra as the weakest link in this league, so we just have to bounce back on Saturday or we're into another sh*t show like last season.

In order to get something from this game we will have to defend an awful lot better than we did in 1st half on Saturday.  I'm not sure that Edinburgh will be as bad against us as they were last season.  We need to hit the ground running for Saturday to avoid a repetition of last seasons 1st quarter.

^^^^^ Pretty much this. As much as I'd like to be proved wrong I can't see Edinburgh City being as crap against us this season as they were last season. Bartley must use this week to get his defence ( and Midfield) sorted out. There's too much indecision,  too many basic errors and horrendous passing. If we're playing out from the back we need players who are comfortable on the ball under pressure, have quick feet and have a bit of vision to see what passes are on. Just doing the basics would be nice though. 

To be honest, every game last season between us, we played well for about an hour before getting battered by the end. 
I don’t think you’ll find many City fans that will disagree with a similar prediction on Saturday.

We did manage to finally take 3 points off Falkirk at the end of the season, so you never know.

7 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

To be honest, every game last season between us, we played well for about an hour before getting battered by the end. 

No you didn't, not in league games at Palmy anyway, as comfortable and virtually trouble free performances as we could have wished for. Can't comment too much on games in Edinburgh, wasn't there, but going by reports on the last game you played well for the first half before we took command. 

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No you didn't, not in league games at Palmy anyway, as comfortable and virtually trouble free performances as we could have wished for. Can't comment too much on games in Edinburgh, wasn't there, but going by reports on the last game you played well for the first half before we took command. 

Probably should define what I called ‘played well’ 😂. I meant keeping the scoreline close while playing a full time team.  There’s no doubt we struggled all season against FT opposition (except the last Falkirk game and we did eventually scrape a point off Dunfermline).  Of the 15 goals QOTS scored against us last season 10 were scored in the last half hour.

After watching our suicidal defending on Saturday, and in the knowledge that Edinburgh are due a result against us (law of averages), then we'll need to be at least as good as we were against Motherwell to win this one. The news that Johnson is going to be unavailable, at least until the end of the month, means we're stuck with Botterill, unless MB fancies going with Charlie Cowie who to be fair has never let us down. I know we have concentrated on the bad passing/defending on Saturday but Botterill doesn't command his box and, for me at least, doesn't appear to anticipate a problem until it is too late. 

3 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

After watching our suicidal defending on Saturday, and in the knowledge that Edinburgh are due a result against us (law of averages), then we'll need to be at least as good as we were against Motherwell to win this one. The news that Johnson is going to be unavailable, at least until the end of the month, means we're stuck with Botterill, unless MB fancies going with Charlie Cowie who to be fair has never let us down. I know we have concentrated on the bad passing/defending on Saturday but Botterill doesn't command his box and, for me at least, doesn't appear to anticipate a problem until it is too late. 

Can't agree on Botterill not commanding his box,, true he was shaky on Saturday but thought at Queens Park he was decisive coming for and claiming crosses. Botterill's kicking may be a bit iffy but watching Johnston at Elgin he had a few scary moments too wanting an extra touch or two before clearing. Botterill clear first choice for me. 

A word of warning for Queens fans coming by car.  Quite a few of the side streets near the ground now have resident permit holder only spaces.  You should be able to find free spaces within walking distance of the ground, but allow a bit more time than before.  East of the stadium is likely the best way to go.  Pretty sure Morrisons at Piershill (10-15 minute walk depending on how fast you move) is safe enough, but best to check the signs on entry just in case they try to fine folk who stay longer than 2 hours. 

32 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

A word of warning for Queens fans coming by car.  Quite a few of the side streets near the ground now have resident permit holder only spaces.  You should be able to find free spaces within walking distance of the ground, but allow a bit more time than before.  East of the stadium is likely the best way to go.  Pretty sure Morrisons at Piershill (10-15 minute walk depending on how fast you move) is safe enough, but best to check the signs on entry just in case they try to fine folk who stay longer than 2 hours. 

What's the script with the ground? I thought I read that fans can now stand a lot closer to the pitch? I'm in two minds whether to go on Saturday and the view is the main reason against not going tbh. 

I heard some chat about improved views but my gut feel is that hasn't happened yet.  One of the issues is that letting fans nearer the pitch behind the goals could mean folk walking on the running track.  My best guess is that the options on Saturday are the main 'stand' or behind the goals on the far side of the running track (binoculars required).  In fairness to the new regime they have reduced the ticket price to £11 and I assume the tickets available here are for the 'stand' - Fanbase | Dashboard (fanbaseclub.com)

1 hour ago, Parttimesupporter said:

I’ve been reliably informed by the club fan rep (and local resident) that the parking permit scheme won’t be enforced until September and will not include Saturdays.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's the script with the ground? I thought I read that fans can now stand a lot closer to the pitch? I'm in two minds whether to go on Saturday and the view is the main reason against not going tbh. 

Both sides directly behind the goals were open for the Hibs friendly pre-season, but as far as I’m aware those areas will only be made available when the stand sells out and is agreed in advance with Edinburgh Leisure.

Edited by Bay Citizen

13 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

I’ve been reliably informed by the club fan rep (and local resident) that the parking permit scheme won’t be enforced until September and will not include Saturdays.

This puzzled me as there has is a sign at the junction of Meadowbank Terrance and Meadowbank Avenue which states that the new regime is in force from 26 June.  However, I checked with a pal who lives on Meadowbank Terrace - it actually starts from 5 September so all is well.  A competent local authority would update the sign.........

2 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

This puzzled me as there has is a sign at the junction of Meadowbank Terrance and Meadowbank Avenue which states that the new regime is in force from 26 June.  However, I checked with a pal who lives on Meadowbank Terrace - it actually starts from 5 September so all is well.  A competent local authority would update the sign.........

Signs not being updated remaining a bit of a theme in all things QOS 😃

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

"competent local authority"- have you seen the "stand" they built....?