Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

23 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well he hasn’t made it until he has his ‘Greig Leigh and Zak vyner decapitating Motherwell in midfield’ moment. 

Haha. They were class. Derek went with it the following midweek against Celtic and we were destroyed.

Also seem to remember Craig Brown going with Vernon and possibly Jamie Masson one midweek game as we were so short of numbers.

17 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Haha. They were class. Derek went with it the following midweek against Celtic and we were destroyed.

Also seem to remember Craig Brown going with Vernon and possibly Jamie Masson one midweek game as we were so short of numbers.

Yeah think he tried it at hibs as well and we got murdered. I’m sure he thought it was a master stroke after fir park. 

On 08/08/2023 at 22:35, 1GregStewart said:

It’s not just that the team will sit in. The 11 at Livi are so inept at keeping possession that Celtic will have all of the ball and the dandies will be pressed back naturally , regardless of what tactic Robson tells them. 

Shudder. Having successfully avoided all forms of video footage of the Livingston game, I dread to think what Sunday could be like to watch.

5 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

The Vernon and Masson midfield combined when Masson coming on after 30 minutes on #topofthetabletuesday - it was predictably pish. Magennis scored that wonderful goal however.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/match-report?id=7124

10 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The Vernon and Masson midfield combined when Masson coming on after 30 minutes on #topofthetabletuesday - it was predictably pish. Magennis scored that wonderful goal however.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/match-report?id=7124

🤣🤣

I'd taken a few lads who hadn't been to a game in ages. First time seeing Magennis and they were convinced he was a player.

On 08/08/2023 at 22:18, Jinky67 said:

Yeah i know, imagine having the temerity to delete a post eh? Fucking cheek of some people.

Six thousand posts of utter, utter shite.

Delete them all.

Edited by RawB93

Find it quite remarkable that people are saying this will be a tough game for Celtic this weekend. History tells you they tend to destroy Aberdeen both home and away.
Maybe they raise their game? Either way, almost every other top division side gives Celtic a game, at least once a season. Not Aberdeen

Sigh

Edited by Afc69

12 hours ago, Afc69 said:

Find it quite remarkable that people are saying this will be a tough game for Celtic this weekend. History tells you they tend to destroy Aberdeen both home and away.
Maybe they raise their game? Either way, almost every other top division side gives Celtic a game, at least once a season. Not Aberdeen

Sigh

Destroy Aberdeen? When was the last time they did that at Pittodrie? 2019 maybe - most games have been very close including a few draws 

6 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Destroy Aberdeen? When was the last time they did that at Pittodrie? 2019 maybe - most games have been very close including a few draws 

It feels like we're more often than not 3 or 4 down by HT.

There have been some like that - but other close ones, where we still contrive to blow it near the end - including Goodwin's bus parking masterclass in December.

I really hate midday kick offs, especially on Sundays - but I suppose it gets it out of the way......

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It feels like we're more often than not 3 or 4 down by HT.

There have been some like that - but other close ones, where we still contrive to blow it near the end - including Goodwin's bus parking masterclass in December.

I really hate midday kick offs, especially on Sundays - but I suppose it gets it out of the way......

Only once in the last 6 games at Pittodrie we was 2-0 down at Half time which in that game we recovered to 2-2 and Celtic scored a minute later and won 3-2. 

Few late goals have hurt us twice: Jota scored the winner late on in 2021 and same year Griffiths scored a 90th minute equaliser. There was also a 3-3 game which we was leading in the game on the 75th minute then was losing by the 78th minute only to get a late pen.

Talking in a massive defeat now lol 

Edited by betting competition

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You’re not wrong.

Hopefully your mob have that attitude too.

They seldom do against Aberdeen unfortunately. Always 100% at it against the Dons.

Makeshift home defence too.

Can only end one way, surely. 

It's the way that always raise their game at Pittodrie that irks me. Time after time after time. 

15 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Only the last game have we done that, when Goodwin did that it was when fans started to turn on him.

Goodwin and Derek.

Robson plays a very McInnes style.

Would be delighted to be proven wrong but given we purposely went long against Livis big defence...

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It's the way that always raise their game at Pittodrie that irks me. Time after time after time. 

I would say we toil as much at Pittodrie we do raise our game, hence the generally close results of late. I think tomorrow will be much the same tbh.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I would say we toil as much at Pittodrie we do raise our game, hence the generally close results of late. I think tomorrow will be much the same tbh.

Celtic have absolutely raised their game against us since Derek turned out fortunes around.

A very frustrating watch for Aberdeen fans 🤣