Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Goodwin and Derek.

Robson plays a very McInnes style.

Would be delighted to be proven wrong but given we purposely went long against Livis big defence...

Only thing I’d say is if you compare our two home games against rangers last season, the difference in the way Goodwin and robson defended a lead was very clear. 

Robson had us engaging with them on the halfway line and clearly didn’t want us sinking deeper and deeper as we did under Goodwin. 

no doubt we’ll set out to be compact and difficult to beat tomorrow. I don’t really have much issue with that, the proof is in how much ambition we have when we have the ball and opportunities to press. Goodwin failed spectacularly on that front. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Only thing I’d say is if you compare our two home games against rangers last season, the difference in the way Goodwin and robson defended a lead was very clear. 

Robson had us engaging with them on the halfway line and clearly didn’t want us sinking deeper and deeper as we did under Goodwin. 

no doubt we’ll set out to be compact and difficult to beat tomorrow. I don’t really have much issue with that, the proof is in how much ambition we have with the ball and opportunities to press. Goodwin failed spectacularly on that front. 

I’d expect it to be the usual Robson style. 
In the main, long ball football

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

no doubt we’ll set out to be compact and difficult to beat tomorrow. I don’t really have much issue with that, the proof is in how much ambition we have when we have the ball and opportunities to press. Goodwin failed spectacularly on that front. 

100%.

I just don't see us doing anything offensively to get ahead.

Pretty sure you were the only one on here to agree with me, but there's a method of playing the OF that makes you competitive, without your XI behind the ball. Glass had that sussed, he just didn't have a clue how to break a team down while keeping yourself solid.

Hopefully Robson finds a happy medium.

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d expect it to be the usual Robson style. 
In the main, long ball football

I don’t expect it to be pretty. I’ll say what I’ve said many times on here that I’m not snobby on style of play. I just want us to win. 

The reason Goodwin riled me so much last season with that Celtic game was that he gave us absolutely no chance of winning and was desperately lucky that it was even close. Be genuinely competitive and actually give yourself a chance to win and I won’t have the pitchfork out. 

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

100%.

I just don't see us doing anything offensively to get ahead.

Pretty sure you were the only one on here to agree with me, but there's a method of playing the OF that makes you competitive, without your XI behind the ball. Glass had that sussed, he just didn't have a clue how to break a team down while keeping yourself solid.

Hopefully Robson finds a happy medium.

Oh yeah glass had a very brave approach to the OF and was unlucky not to clock a win. The 2-2 game at ibrox is basically the template for how you want your team to go there and play. I haven’t seen us, before or since, be so brave on the ball in our own half and genuinely try and play through them. 

It’s no coincidence that we had less joy with Celtic though, they are simply a better team so it makes it more challenging. Robson won’t do what glass did but I think he’s tactically more astute than Goodwin and it won’t just be a park the bus job. 

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh yeah glass had a very brave approach to the OF and was unlucky not to clock a win. The 2-2 game at ibrox is basically the template for how you want your team to go there and play. I haven’t seen us, before or since, be so brave on the ball in our own half and genuinely try and play through them. 

It’s no coincidence that we had less joy with Celtic though, they are simply a better team so it makes it more challenging. Robson won’t do what glass did but I think he’s tactically more astute than Goodwin and it won’t just be a park the bus job. 

Goodwin over thought the Dons job IMO. A bit like Calderwood.

Told to be attacking and when it blows up, you go the complete opposite way. JC had an experienced team of ex managers behind him. Goodwin had his brother in law.

Fecking hate early kick affs,Celtic are not upto speed yet so it's a good time to play us.
Watched the second half of the Livvy game Polvara looks a decent player plus big Ruby looks solid at the back if you guys get Scales it's a good partnership going forward,will be interesting to see if the dons can cope with the pace we have up top.

I'd hoped that Angus Macdonald was miraculously going to be declared fit to play today, but the starting 11 worries me massively.

I think the only way we avoid a 4+ goal defeat is by somehow having 90% possesion during the game, because the Celtic forward line will fancy themselves to score a few today.

Might stick a tenner on a red card for Rubezic.

2 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

I'd hoped that Angus Macdonald was miraculously going to be declared fit to play today, but the starting 11 worries me massively.

I think the only way we avoid a 4+ goal defeat is by somehow having 90% possesion during the game, because the Celtic forward line will fancy themselves to score a few today.

Might stick a tenner on a red card for Rubezic.

22/1 on bet365. Easy money.