Ayr vs Inverness - 12/8/23

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They were absolutely shite this afternoon. Carson looked decent in midfield and I liked Davidson at right back but besides that they looked poor. Actually looked like they were holding back at times when a quicker pass would’ve really hurt us but for all the possession they had Albinson was only worked once from a free kick. 

Doesn’t sound like a happy camp - maybe Dodds has lost the dressing room a bit.  It’s a great win, but we still have real issues to address.  My jaw slightly hit the ground when I saw the lineup!  Can’t fault the work ethic at least.

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Doesn’t sound like a happy camp - maybe Dodds has lost the dressing room a bit.  It’s a great win, but we still have real issues to address.  My jaw slightly hit the ground when I saw the lineup!  Can’t fault the work ethic at least.

Billy McKay looked raging all game as well and wasn’t pleased when he was subbed off. Can see it ending badly if Dodds is kept in charge. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Billy McKay looked raging all game as well and wasn’t pleased when he was subbed off. Can see it ending badly if Dodds is kept in charge

You are not the only one. The only person that can’t see it happens to be the one guy who can make the decision.

19 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Also the majority of fans want rid, to give the fool a two year contact stunned the fans but he has a pal in Rangers buddy Gardiner who protects him.

Plus his media pals continually trot out the injuries last season on his behalf, as I recall every team in the Championship had an injury crisis at some point but from all the media shite Dodds was the only manager to have one. 

Ayr dominated the first 20 minutes. Went a goal up and we’re strolling it. From then till half time and for maybe 15 minutes after, Ayr completely fell out of it, couldn’t retain the ball, couldn’t make a pass and just looked all at sea.

The subs Ayr made didn’t completely change the game but once they were made, it looked like it confused Inverness and they joined Ayr in being all over the place.

last half hour was very scrappy and Ayr maybe edged it. 
Inverness must have had 15 crosses unchallenged across the 18 yard box. Longstaff looked like he was playing in the wrong team, like he was expecting a 6’4” lump to be in the middle.

A draw might have been fair

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Also the majority of fans want rid, to give the fool a two year contact stunned the fans but he has a pal in Rangers buddy Gardiner who protects him.

Plus his media pals continually trot out the injuries last season on his behalf, as I recall every team in the Championship had an injury crisis at some point but from all the media shite Dodds was the only manager to have one. 

He looked like he wanted sent to the stand. Continually waving the ref away like that was going to see a second yellow. 
Inverness looked like they weren’t getting clear instructions. It would annoy me after that to get back on the car, switch on the radio and hear John Robertson giving a report on the Ross County game. 

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

There is no way he’s getting punted 2 months into his new 2 year contract.

Its up there with handing Richie Foran a 3 year deal in madness.

Four year deal wasn't it?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Billy McKay looked raging all game as well and wasn’t pleased when he was subbed off. Can see it ending badly if Dodds is kept in charge. 

I'm not able to make games at the minute but I am going to guess he was getting pissed off at chasing aimless long balls hammered forward in the vague direction of the Ayr goal?

Wasn't optimistic when I saw our starting 11 but eye opening how pish Inverness looked. Easily the worst Inverness team I've seen play at Somerset. Glad to get the 3 points though.

Thought Ayr started pretty well, Amartey was impressive, looks like he could be a good player for us. Good linkup Bryden (I think) for the goal.

Both sides played some atrocious stuff at times, particular highlight was an Inverness player hoofing a free kick on the edge of the box to the corner flag.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Four year deal wasn't it?

I'm not able to make games at the minute but I am going to guess he was getting pissed off at chasing aimless long balls hammered forward in the vague direction of the Ayr goal?

Yeah pretty much. 

Looked like a man that wished he was playing for the other team today. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

citation required 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah pretty much. 

Looked like a man that wished he was playing for the other team today. 

He seemed to have days like that last season as well where he looked utterly fed up trying to making something out of nothing. Sometimes our football is eye bleedingly bad and it can't be much fun for someone like Mckay to chase lost causes for 90 minutes.

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Both sides played some atrocious stuff at times, particular highlight was an Inverness player hoofing a free kick on the edge of the box to the corner flag.

By far and away one of the worst set pieces I've ever seen at Somerset.