Male meat consuming participants required for research (interviews)

Hello, all. 

For quite a few years I have been a casual reader of this forum, so I made an account here to see if any of the members would be willing to volunteer for my research. I hope this doesn't break any of the forum rules; apologies, if so, and understand if the thread is deleted. 

I am a student at Napier, in Edinburgh, and I am conducting research on meat consumption. The inclusion criteria for participation is as follows: male, British, aged between eighteen and forty-two, and who eats meat (to any degree). The research design is mixed methods in which qualitative interviews will precede surveys. At this stage, I am recruiting voluntary participants for interviews. All participation is anonymous and would take approximately one hour (although there is no time limit, if you would be willing to donate more time). Interviews will be recorded solely for the purpose of transcription, and the audio file (or MS Teams recording) will be deleted immediately after transcription.

The nature of the questioning relates to opinions, attitudes, perceptions, feelings, and behaviours regarding meat, plant-based foods/diets, vegan/vegetarian people, masculinity, and social aspects of eating.

The interviews would ideally be undertaken in-person, but MS Teams would be suitable if that is what the participant prefers or if it is more convenient (e.g. distance). I would be available to conduct the interviews any day or time (without clashes) in accordance with the availability of the volunteer. 

If you would be interested, feel free to drop me a private message or a response to this post. It would be great to hear from you. Following the initial contact, I would obviously be happy to correspond with you from my institution e-mail and to answer any questions you have.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

I don’t think @enucllwnnk has told the truth with their opening statement:

“For quite a few years I have been a casual reader of this forum”

Without being an occasional reader, I'd never have known about the existence of the board! 

I've had a good laugh at some of the responses 😄 Still, if anyone would be interested, that would be great. 

10 hours ago, enucllwnnk said:

Hello, all. 

For quite a few years I have been a casual reader of this forum, so I made an account here to see if any of the members would be willing to volunteer for my research. I hope this doesn't break any of the forum rules; apologies, if so, and understand if the thread is deleted. 

I am a student at Napier, in Edinburgh, and I am conducting research on meat consumption. The inclusion criteria for participation is as follows: male, British, aged between eighteen and forty-two, and who eats meat (to any degree). The research design is mixed methods in which qualitative interviews will precede surveys. At this stage, I am recruiting voluntary participants for interviews. All participation is anonymous and would take approximately one hour (although there is no time limit, if you would be willing to donate more time). Interviews will be recorded solely for the purpose of transcription, and the audio file (or MS Teams recording) will be deleted immediately after transcription.

The nature of the questioning relates to opinions, attitudes, perceptions, feelings, and behaviours regarding meat, plant-based foods/diets, vegan/vegetarian people, masculinity, and social aspects of eating.

The interviews would ideally be undertaken in-person, but MS Teams would be suitable if that is what the participant prefers or if it is more convenient (e.g. distance). I would be available to conduct the interviews any day or time (without clashes) in accordance with the availability of the volunteer. 

If you would be interested, feel free to drop me a private message or a response to this post. It would be great to hear from you. Following the initial contact, I would obviously be happy to correspond with you from my institution e-mail and to answer any questions you have.

Thanks.

There’s you problem right there chief. From my own (wholly unscientific) perception of this forum, about 80% of the population here is 50+!! 😂🤣

11 hours ago, enucllwnnk said:

Hello, all. 

Thanks.

I'm too old, but best of luck anyway!

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

There’s you problem right there chief. From my own (wholly unscientific) perception of this forum, about 80% of the population here is 50+!! 😂🤣

Aye, when your most popular discussions include blasts from the past, sayings young folk will no longer understand, and the only site pin up with her own dedicated thread around everyone wanting to pump her is 58, then that might be a clue that the demographic is all wrong. 

Think it's more the 'Cheeky Nando's' crowd that's required here. f**k knows what sites they frequent though, I'm auld.

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Before posting, I had a feeling that there would be a significant proportion of the forum who'd be outside the inclusion criteria due to age, but thought that it would be worth a try. I am looking for a range of men from various backgrounds (e.g. occupations, interests) and think that the dedicated football fan could bring some interesting perspectives. Some of the questions will be related to social aspects of eating, and therefore the scenario and associated dynamics in which fans eat at the games would be probed. 

If any of the 50+ members have a son that would be willing, that would work too! 😄

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Give him his dues: normally these requests are written in broken English, with a crayon. This request was just fine.

Thank you very much! I'm still hoping one or two come forward as I think it would bring about some rich insight, and the participant may quite enjoy expressing their views. Some of the most interesting responses to the interview questions may end up appearing in a scientific journal. 

I have a couple of months to do the interviews, so I may pop back on in a few weeks if the thread gets pushed back onto one of the back pages out of sight just to bump it. I wouldn't want to do so continuously and disrupt the board, because there is obviously no monetary incentive and I am essentially asking if anyone would be willing to donate their time. 

I appreciate the thread being allowed to stand.

Cheers.