Well vs Hibs

Hibs (going back years) always look like a good team at Fir Park for some reason (considering how often we finish above them and how often we win at ER)- I think there was a 6-0 or 6-1 where Fletcher was unplayable that just about the best away performance I've seen. 

For that reason, I'm way less confident in this fixture than the reverse one and so low expectations for today. The main positive is that it can be good to play a team in the midst of an important European game, so that might be a leveller here if we don't let Hibs get off to a fast start as usual ..

Not feeling confident about this one. The pace of Boyle and Yoann gives me the fear, and I feel like every time Boyle plays against us he scores or wins a penalty.  

Would absolutely take a point but I reckon Hibs will be a bit too good for us. Theo Bair scoring again would be a good laugh though. 

1-2. 

22 minutes ago, dezz said:

Not feeling confident about this one. The pace of Boyle and Yoann gives me the fear, and I feel like every time Boyle plays against us he scores or wins a penalty.  

Would absolutely take a point but I reckon Hibs will be a bit too good for us. Theo Bair scoring again would be a good laugh though. 

1-2. 

Youan isn't that fast. He'll do one or two clever step overs, then he'll attempt to go for three and four with the same player, then proceed to lose the ball. He's a great stand alone player on his day, but most of the time he makes the team appear unbalanced.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Hibs (going back years) always look like a good team at Fir Park for some reason (considering how often we finish above them and how often we win at ER)- I think there was a 6-0 or 6-1 where Fletcher was unplayable that just about the best away performance I've seen. 

That was honestly the best performance I've ever seen from an away team at Fir Park.

Scott Brown was incredible in that match when he still had hair and was an attacker.

I think today can be surmised as 'Crap Attack vs Crap Defense'.  It's kinda like those old black and white 'lion vs tiger who will win' affairs.

Except less cruel on the participants and more cruel on the spectators.

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

That was honestly the best performance I've ever seen from an away team at Fir Park.

Scott Brown was incredible in that match when he still had hair and was an attacker.

I was at that game with the old man. Best passing display from Beuzelin in a Hibs top and could easily have been double figures. Sure we hit the woodwork 2-3 times as well.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I think there was a 6-0 or 6-1 where Fletcher was unplayable that just about the best away performance I've seen. 

Aye, that game and the one where we lost 4-0 to Dundee Utd (with Gauld, Armstrong, Ciftci, Robertson etc) go down as the two finest away performances I've ever seen at Fir Park, and I include games v Celtic & Rangers in that. 

28 minutes ago, Desp said:

Aye, that game and the one where we lost 4-0 to Dundee Utd (with Gauld, Armstrong, Ciftci, Robertson etc) go down as the two finest away performances I've ever seen at Fir Park, and I include games v Celtic & Rangers in that. 

That Utd game was a joke. They ran us ragged that day in the best away performance I’ve seen at FP. Painful viewing but the fact it was largely done by young Scottish players (and the future Turkish Prince) softens the blow a little bit.
Hopefully none of that nonsense at FP today. 

33 minutes ago, Desp said:

Beat me to it. That was an incredible performance and we were lucky it was only four.

I've always thought games against Hibs are some of our most entertaining of the season with only occasional dull ones. I'm not sure we've got the attacking threat yet for this season so suspect Hibs might edge it but you never know. 

I still fear Boyle running our defence ragged, especially if Mugabi starts, but after a couple of pre-match beers it's time for some positivity.

We're on a very decent run since Kettlewell took over, Hibs are off the back of a midweek European game, and there's a fucking Bair needing fed.

There will be goals for sure, so f**k it. 3-1 'Well. Bair and Spittal to feature on the score sheet.

Now, back to the optimism/delusion juice.

8 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I still fear Boyle running our defence ragged, especially if Mugabi starts, but after a couple of pre-match beers it's time for some positivity.

We're on a very decent run since Kettlewell took over, Hibs are off the back of a midweek European game, and there's a fucking Bair needing fed.

There will be goals for sure, so f**k it. 3-1 'Well. Bair and Spittal to feature on the score sheet.

Now, back to the optimism/delusion juice.

Boyles not 100% match fit yet, so wouldn't worry too much, he won't last the full match.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Boyles not 100% match fit yet, so wouldn't worry too much, he won't last the full match.

I would rest him ahead of Thursday. 

The rest of our squad should be able to beat Motherwell. 

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If you could get this request to Lee Johnson in the next 20mins or so it'd be much appreciated. 

Boyle is on the bench. 

Looking forward to Vente and Doidge scoring the goals this afternoon. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Some redemption arc for Doidge these last couple of weeks, eh?

Fingers crossed it doesn't continue today.

He’s done well these past few weeks. Would happily keep him as an option to have in the squad.