Dundee V Hearts

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

gordon-smith.jpg

I always make fun of the Albert Kidd guys for being 60, but 2 things:

I'm told Gordon Smith was that good that nobody who saw him play cared about his club, but more importantly that he ran the Right Wing pub out in a strange area of Edinburgh to a tee.  It's demolished now likes.

22 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

gordon-smith.jpg

I’ve had the honor of being told I look like this legend in question on more than one occasion whilst having a directors box season ticket years ago. Probably the best compliment I’ve ever received.

Willie Jamieson was a part-timer with Dundee and working as a barman in Derby's Pub in Gorgie (now The Laich) which was run by Jackie Macnamara (Snr) & Ralphie Callachan when I played against the pub for another pub on Saughton 's plastic pitch. I'd always thought Willie was gash but he dominated the game scoring a hat trick (the other two ex pros were quite good too). I had more respect for him after that.

Even more respect when he scored that 30 yarder in the last minute against Celtic for Hearts in a 1-1 draw. It certainly seemed to upset Gerry McNee the TV commentator! Willie missed the vital penalty in that weird League Cup 4-4 game at Dens when Henry Smith took (and missed) a penalty referenced in a post above.  

16 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Made me sick that John Robertson wore a Dundee top tbqhwy.

Pretty sure he called Dundee fans the 'worst in the world' whilst he was playing for us. Probably because we booed him onto the pitch.

The summer where we allegedly paid a 6 figure fee for Jack Hamilton and Hearts paid a fee for Craig Wighton is probably one of the worst bits of business we made in at least a decade and Hearts made that summer respectively.