Dundee V Hearts

If you thought the St Mirren V Dundee thread was a bin fire, then welcome to the next level.

If you have eyes that bleed easily, stop reading here.

Will our Doc be more Shipman-esq, and stop Hearts?

How many times will 1986 be brought up?

Is the spam filter still to blame?

How many times will I see Albert Kidd's dome?

One thing is for sure, we all love Neil McCann. 

Edited by johnnydun

We usually do better than I expect against Hearts, so I really hope we can keep that up if only just to keep annoying them. Would really like some momentum for going into Perth the following week, a win in either game would be great especially with Celtic away after both. We might have our new midfield option (Goss?) by then too.

All the best to Hearts on Thursday vs Rosenborg, so that you have another couple of Thursday games to play.

56 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More importantly still was there ever a better player to play for Hearts and Dundee than Neil McCann?

There certainly can't be a better player to have had two spells at each club

Gordon Smith (not that one) won league titles with both (and Hibs). 

32 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I did some digging to see which former Dundee and Hearts players were due an honourable mention and apparently Osman Sow played for Dundee long after leaving Scotland for China

How did he get on ?

He played for us the same season we were in the Championship together.

Considering how shite he was with United and Killie nobody was happy, but he got the goals incl. a hat-trick Vs QoS while we waited for an actually good striker in Jason Cummings, and did his part in helping us get promoted.

Still convinced he's the worst top scorer we've ever had. Scoring for fun in Thailand now though, good on him.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

How could we forget, Craig Beattie and Christian Nade.

Christian Nadé, got me back into coming to Dundee games on his lonesome. Must say I can hardly remember Beattie at the club, but he did do surprisingly well if the little I do remember is right.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

32 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Jim Hamilton was magnificent for Hearts.

Under-appreciated, imo.

Crap 90s Football - Hearty Harry - Heart of Midlothian ...

I always thought he was a dead ringer for Hearty Harry (below)
Jim_Hamilton.jpg

No photos exist of them in the same place at the same time

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Hibs thought Gordon Smith was done so released him and he was able to join his boyhood heroes, winning the League and his only Cup (League Cup). Hearts then thought he was done and released him, whereupon he went to Dens and won his 5th League Title. 

He was considered one of the best wingers ever produced in Scotland but maybe his best claim to fame was being a personal friend of Brigitte Bardot. Something no other footballer in the World can claim. PS "Friend" just means friend, nothing romantic.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More importantly still was there ever a better player to play for Hearts and Dundee than Neil McCann?

There certainly can't be a better player to have had two spells at each club

The one and only Gordon smith , 3 titles with 3 different teams and none the old firm  oh and yes I am old enough to see him play for Dundee 

Edited by Wee jeemie