Dundee V Hearts

On 18/08/2023 at 23:54, VincentGuerin said:

Mind the Henry Smith League Cup game (95?).  Fucking hell.

In hindsight, probably an important step forward in the development of the team under JJ. Didn't seem it at the time.

One of my greatest nights at Dens 😍

Another game that comes to mind is the Quarter final of the CIS cup when Bobby Linn scored an extra time winner just after the financial troubles were announced (part 1 if you like). 

Remember the Hearts fans donating some money through the buckets on that night before slipping to defeat. 

Dundee went onto a dismal last minute defeat against the Livi at Easter road to prevent a second final in concecutive years in the cups. 

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, Girth said:

Tonight will really take it out of the Hertz. 

4-0 Dees Saturday. 

Thank you. 

I think it genuinely will, it was an intense game. I also think we'll have an eye on the away leg so will likely make a few changes.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think it genuinely will, it was an intense game. I also think we'll have an eye on the away leg so will likely make a few changes.

Serious? I was being cheeky. I’d be happy with a win of any sort tbf. 

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Serious? I was being cheeky. I’d be happy with a win of any sort tbf. 

Aye I definitely think we'll make changes. It's hard to play twice a week, we put in a lot of effort yesterday and because the tie is still alive, even though we are massive underdogs, I think we'll have an eye on next Thursday. 

However, we do have some good options so expect us to still be good enough to try and win the game.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Despite the European involvement I struggle to see us getting anything out of this. Boyce and Shankand are the best strike force in the country outside the OF and I can’t see us managing them. 

It is early days but Vargas might at the same level. He is a clever player and he passes the ball to his teammates. 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Despite the European involvement I struggle to see us getting anything out of this. Boyce and Shankand are the best strike force in the country outside the OF and I can’t see us managing them. 

I'd be surprised if Boyce starts tomorrow considering how he's being managed and having played nearly the full game on Thursday. Have to imagine Tagawa or Oda will probably be alongside fiveheid. We need to be aggressive and persistent all game, and just continue to wear them down. Definitely doable and we usually do well at frustrating Hearts but it clearly won't be easy.

6 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It is early days but Vargas might at the same level. He is a clever player and he passes the ball to his teammates. 

How Well Do You Remember The Original "Office"?

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd be surprised if Boyce starts tomorrow considering how he's being managed and having played nearly the full game on Thursday. Have to imagine Tagawa or Oda will probably be alongside fiveheid. We need to be aggressive and persistent all game, and just continue to wear them down. Definitely doable and we usually do well at frustrating Hearts but it clearly won't be easy.

How Well Do You Remember The Original "Office"?

Some players just don't have the ability, they just kick the ball backwards and forwards. Some players can't even control the ball. Torture to watch. 

32 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Only seen him on tv but he looks good I agree. Hearts midfield seems otherwise ‘limited’ and the defence without Halkett doesn’t seem brilliant either. Unfortunately our strikers are unlikely to take advantage. 

I think we've looked understandably disjointed so far.

I didn't see the Hearts game against PAOK but thought they were excellent against Rosenberg and for that reason I've already got the fear.

Recall the game in May 1986 as a 21 year old hoping for a victory taking us onto UEFA Cup qualification, nowt more or less tbh having also attended the 1-1 draw at Tynecastle with us which indeed started the massive Hearts undefeated run of games, the previous October I think.

I get all the Albert Kidd nonsense and subsequent banter, however to Dee's of a similar vintage, @Bigmouth Strikes Again, @DeeTillEhDeh and @Fifespud to name but a few, do you recall (if at this game) anything as loud as the Heart's Song being sung prior to kickoff?

The stadium was vibrating, I shit you not!

Check out the snap of the away 'TC Keay End' crowd as Kidd scored, 19,500 attended that game.

Wish we'd achieved European football that day and also Hearts had won the league, merely my honest opinion.

Regards

hearts86.jpg.cfae0e272fa4362dca1de291fd87e2a0.jpg

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Recall the game in May 1986 as a 21 year old hoping for a victory taking us onto UEFA Cup qualification, nowt more or less tbh having also attended the 1-1 draw at Tynecastle with us which indeed started the massive Hearts undefeated run of games, the previous October I think.

I get all the Albert Kidd nonsense and subsequent banter, however to Dee's of a similar vintage, @Bigmouth Strikes Again, @DeeTillEhDeh and @Fifespud to name but a few, do you recall (if at this game) anything as loud as the Heart's Song being sung prior to kickoff?

The stadium was vibrating, I shit you not!

Check out the snap of the away 'TC Keay End' crowd as Kidd scored, 19,500 attended that game.

Wish we'd achieved European football that day and also Hearts had won the league, merely my honest opinion.

Regards

hearts86.jpg.cfae0e272fa4362dca1de291fd87e2a0.jpg

Yes to the song, the vibration. I remember being frightened the stadium might collapse. Like you I wish Hearts won the league that day. When I was a student and then working in Edinburgh I went to both grounds, liked both teams, but Tynecastle always felt more like home, like Dens. In fact, if I’m honest, feeling a wee bit homesick in 1st year a trip to Tynecastle used to cheer me up. 

11 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I think we've looked understandably disjointed so far.

I didn't see the Hearts game against PAOK but thought they were excellent against Rosenberg and for that reason I've already got the fear.

We need Luke McCowan to have a good game tomorrow. He plays well, we play well. If he can add consistency he’ll be one of the best players in the league imho.