Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

19 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye? Then why was it you didn't force Sim out for the Goodwillie situation? Why is it that you haven't been protesting the lavish spending at Starks Park this summer? Or has the increased wages and stadium re-developments no count? Without going full FifeFree Press, how many losses have you posted, and how much in recent years? 

Why didn't you force change then? 

Realistically, it is very difficult to change ownership of a club, and even harder doing it while good things are actually happening. Administration and the Goodwillie saga are bad, fans don't like bad things and tend to band together, but if Dean Mackenzie continues his re-development of Starks are you going to protest it? 

Difficult you say eh? No shit fella.

Just out of curiosity how do you recommend forcing out a guy that owns the both club and stadium?

Asking for any future requirement.

PS Sim still holds the club share majority and also still owns SP, and according to the CEO our wage bill is actually down on last season.

Just now, Scottydog said:

Difficult you say eh? No shit fella.

Just out of curiosity how do you recommend forcing out a guy that owns the both club and stadium?

Asking for any future requirement.

... That was my point. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

How do you force them out? Change the door code for one thing.

Ah, you just unlocked a memory! 

Looking forward to probably my only trip to EEP this term (unless we get them in the Scottish or the play offs).

I'm feeling reasonably confident about this which is in itself concerning. After all I was confident about the LC game too and that didn't pan out. Still this time we might still be short of fullback but we do have two experienced centre half and  a strong defensive midfield.

Rovers team has changed a lot since last season and has even changed some since that LC match. I reckon it'll be close but I still think we'll be too strong for them.

Dissapointed we couldn't get someone in to bolster the squad coming into this I'm sure the guys available will be well prepared, would expect Raith to start absolutely rapid like they did in the cup game, have to weather that storm and grow into the game.

40 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Rovers team has changed a lot since last season and has even changed some since that LC match. I reckon it'll be close but I still think we'll be too strong for them.

No need to show off just because our team is pretty much our league one team without a senior player on the bench.

3 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Gutted I can't make this as it's my wee ones birthday. Effin bairns!

Nervous as f**k about it too. Like many games this season it is on a total knife edge, need to see who shows up on the day. 

Mon the wee team fae the big toon, lets pump this "big" team fae the wee city. :)

If Scary Bear reads this he,ll be gate crashing 

4 minutes ago, andyharrowselect said:

Heading over from N. Ireland for match, win at EEP long overdue …. Let’s get stuck in from the start 

Save yer cash for the Arbroath game, neebur. You’re just going to witness Pars dishing out a pumping, then head home depressed with a Stephens poke fu o wet tissues 

I said before the game on Sunday that we might finally field a team of players in their natural positions, and I continue to be punished for that hubris.

Our defence hasn't really looked settled at any point yet this season, and playing without a left back isn't going to help that. That it's almost certainly going to be a right footer dropping in really isn't ideal, and it'll particularly impact attempts to get forward on that side. 

With that in mind, it's particularly critical that Jack Hamilton starts. Without him, I think we're set for a long 90 minutes of possession around the box, but very little inside the box, and very few alternative routes to goal if our quick, short passing in the final third isn't getting through. 

Despite the loss of Liam Dick, I do think we're significantly stronger than we were going into the League Cup game, with the additions of Scott Brown and Shaun Byrne into the midfield. I'm not quite sure the Pars can say the same, and we should take confidence from that. 

If Liam Dick was available, and Jack Hamilton confirmed as fully fit, I'd be about as confident going into this derby as any in recent memory, but McPake's game plan is set for him with such a glaring hole in our back line, and we'll need a huge chunk of good fortune to keep a clean sheet. We're good enough going forward to score multiple on the right day, but with the underlying fragility I think you could really make the case for this game finishing 3-0 either way, or anything inbetween. 

44 minutes ago, andyharrowselect said:

Save yer tissues for having a wee tug o’ yersel on Saturday night as a consolation prize 

One has a butler to clean ones mess with a silk hanky.
Us big city dwellers have some class don’t you know. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Got a feeling Super Joe will get his first goal for the club tomorrow.

Took me longer than it should have, to realise this was about Chalmers and not speculating about a 3rd debut for Cardle…