Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

5 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Courier confirmed Liam Dick will be suspended for Saturday.

Not surprised. However it's been an area us as fans have been concerned about in terms of lack of cover so a pity Murray hasn't been able to bolster that position. McGill or Murray at left back it is, I'd imagine it'll be the former as doubt Murray will want to play Masson/Corr(if he's fit) at centre back.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Something that will never sit easy with me. Much like a certain January transfer window signing from 2022 won't sit well with much of your fanbase. We can do this all day 😂😂

Fire up all the laughing emojis all you want but our fans put in one of the strongest displays of people power in the recent history of Scottish football. The one by one resignations forced the club to get him out, and he's subsequently been bodied out of every club since. 

It would've been easy to sit back and allow it to carry on but it's now set some semblance of a standard for situations like with Mason Greenwood. Is it a stain on our club? Undoubtedly, but it's hardly something people can use to batter our fans about.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not surprised. However it's been an area us as fans have been concerned about in terms of lack of cover so a pity Murray hasn't been able to bolster that position. McGill or Murray at left back it is, I'd imagine it'll be the former as doubt Murray will want to play Masson/Corr(if he's fit) at centre back.

It's been a glaring weakness since the summer and one that I assume he's trying to address since he had Paterson on trial.

Hopefully we'll get someone in as cover there sooner rather than later because if having to play McGill there in a big match like this doesn't concentrate the mind I don't know what will.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Aye, McGill into left back and hope for the best. We've got two senior CBs and they need to play there.

Suspected this lack of cover might be an area we'd deal with via a loanee but doubt that'd happen now before Saturday.

With the greatest of respect to Liam Dick, the fact that him missing is a significant blow is a clear example of why Rovers fans were stating earlier in this thread, that our squad is not strong enough to be in the conversation for the title mix.

Hopefully we can see some full back cover arrive in the coming weeks, preferably someone capable of pushing to actually be first choice at left back.

19 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fire up all the laughing emojis all you want but our fans put in one of the strongest displays of people power in the recent history of Scottish football. The one by one resignations forced the club to get him out, and he's subsequently been bodied out of every club since. 

It would've been easy to sit back and allow it to carry on but it's now set some semblance of a standard for situations like with Mason Greenwood. Is it a stain on our club? Undoubtedly, but it's hardly something people can use to batter our fans about.

Much like our boards decision not to furlough the out of contract players then. Not something that our fanbase can take flack for.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Absolutely no idea why we've not appealed it to kick it down the road.

I think these days they try and sort it in the week it's lodged to avoid that can kicking anyway?

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Much like our boards decision not to furlough the out of contract players then. Not something that our fanbase can take flack for.

Mate you'll never win. They always have an answer.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It appears craig cairns made an incredible decision in believing football players have the slightest clue about the rules.

https://twitter.com/craigcairns001/status/1694638743091626449?s=20

I think we’ll now focus on targeting that side of Raith’s defence. We did the same in the league cup game. McGill was out of position and they doubled up on Todd down the other side, so we just kept getting McCann to run at McGill. Assuming it’s McGill who’ll be at LB, I’d imagine it’ll be O’Halloran running at him. If he’s on form, I can’t see McGill being able to cope with him. But we’re still needing everyone else to step up.

It’s a big game, we know what to expect from us - keep it tight early on and try and hit them with pace on the counter. Unfortunately, it’s exactly the type of game Todd and KRH would thrive in. With them having an inexperienced player ant LB, Todd’s diagonal runs would have been particularly effective for this one. Expect Wighton to play a false 9 role, dropping in between Raith’s defence and midfield, with McCann and O’Halloran making runs beyond him. We tried this against St Pauli and Killie in the league cup.

Vaughan always worries me. He’s an excellent player and can cause any defence at this level real problems. Always rated Mullin when I’ve seen him too, so our defence will have their work cut out. Genuinely think this should be a really good game for a neutral, but a real nervy one for us fans. McCann v Millen could be interesting too. Certainly interested to see how Millen has improved over the last 8 years and McCann’s a rare breed of winger with his pace and power.

Interested to see who McPake goes with in the midfield 2. Chalmers hadn't put a foot wrong and Otoo looked really good in there against Airdrie. With it being a derby though probably want Hamilton in there for his bite and would be a good battle with Byrne.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well, that’s a big blow tbh. One of two positions on the pitch we have no real natural cover for, and we saw how it went when we had no RB v Dunfermline earlier in the season. Would make Dunfermline favourites for this. 

With the likelihood of Brown and Byrne in the midfield, our fullbacks have more supporting cover than they had earlier in the season so i'm not as concerned as the previous Pars game. A natural fullback would be ideal, but its not "bed shitting" time. 

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Millen to LB and McGill to RB? 

There's no way of anything other than a total bodge job here. 

McGill straight to left back for me, limits the disruption to the back 4 and weakens only 1 position rather than 2.

Think McGill has played left back quite a few times in his career anyway. Started a game there for us last season and I am sure Murray mentioned he had played there a few times for him at Airdrie too.

9 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Interested to see who McPake goes with in the midfield 2. Chalmers hadn't put a foot wrong and Otoo looked really good in there against Airdrie. With it being a derby though probably want Hamilton in there for his bite and would be a good battle with Byrne.

I’d play Hamilton in there until the inevitable yellow card, then take Byrne out his pocket and swap him for Chalmers 

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

. Is it a stain on our club? Undoubtedly, but it's hardly something people can use to batter our fans about.

If we're maintaining this energy then I'm sure you'll agree that administration isn't something you can batter Dunfermline fans about?