Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

26 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It'll be novel for Rovers fans to see sensible pricing at a Fife Derby, should be selling out the Cowden end. 

Naughty, naughty, but I also really don’t like the tiered pricing at home matches. It’s certainly going to become more common going forward, but it’s shite.

I’ve still seen no explanation of why Dick wouldn’t be suspended, as a red card suspension doesn’t require confirmation. Anyone seen anything else?

30 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Naughty, naughty, but I also really don’t like the tiered pricing at home matches. It’s certainly going to become more common going forward, but it’s shite.

I’ve still seen no explanation of why Dick wouldn’t be suspended, as a red card suspension doesn’t require confirmation. Anyone seen anything else?

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, they should be up here. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/

23 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/

They should be there but for some reason the sfa haven’t publicly published a list yet this season despite it being more than a month in

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

They seemingly only publish on a Thursday, when they publish at all. I haven’t heard of an appeal, I haven’t heard a confirmed suspension. If the red was confirmed for a non-violent issue (I know, WTF, but it is the SFA), it would be next Cup match in the same Cup.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

They seemingly only publish on a Thursday, when they publish at all. I haven’t heard of an appeal, I haven’t heard a confirmed suspension. If the red was confirmed for a non-violent issue (I know, WTF, but it is the SFA), it would be next Cup match in the same Cup.

If it was serious foul play (which I assume it was?), it’s a 2 match ban and he’ll miss your next match, regardless of competition. His second match will be your next league cup match.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

IMG_6381.thumb.jpeg.943b446f2418b7cfbb249eea574386d5.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

Edited by CallumPar

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

It was a straight red so it has to be classed as either serious foul play or violent conduct. Therefore I'd expect him to be suspended.

If it's not classed as that then we should appeal as it's not a red card...

100%. For what it’s worth, it looked very harsh and I’d consider appealing anyway. There’s no doubt he was going for the ball and he didn’t seem to be going in with any real force that would cause much harm. Yellow would have been enough.

2 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

It was a straight red so it has to be classed as either serious foul play or violent conduct. Therefore I'd expect him to be suspended.

If it's not classed as that then we should appeal as it's not a red card...

Not true, there are “straight red” non-violent violations, but I agree none of them make sense.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

If it was serious foul play (which I assume it was?), it’s a 2 match ban and he’ll miss your next match, regardless of competition. His second match will be your next league cup match.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

IMG_6381.thumb.jpeg.943b446f2418b7cfbb249eea574386d5.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

I said that and published exactly this part of the table earlier, and got told that I was wrong, and Craig Cairns and/or IM had already said Dick would play Saturday. I’ve heard nothing since.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It was never a red card in a month of Sunday’s. We should be appealing it if possible. 

There was commentary on RaithTV that suggested this foul was an area the SFA had identified as an area where a crackdown was needed, and this might be related to that, but I’ve heard nothing further.

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I said that and published exactly this part of the table earlier, and got told that I was wrong, and Craig Cairns and/or IM had already said Dick would play Saturday. I’ve heard nothing since.

Looking forward to Rovers getting a hard-fought draw, then having to forfeit the game 3-0 and getting fined because they think they know the rules better than the SFA.

There’s not another straight red card offence that fits (although, I do think it was a very harsh red card) and the suspension rules for these offences have been the same for a number of years now. I’m not sure why it seems to be getting debated.

17 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Looking forward to Rovers getting a hard-fought draw, then having to forfeit the game 3-0 and getting fined because they think they know the rules better than the SFA.

There’s not another straight red card offence that fits (although, I do think it was a very harsh red card) and the suspension rules for these offences have been the same for a number of years now. I’m not sure why it seems to be getting debated.

That's my take on it. Fact it's a straight red means it has to be serious foul play, therefore suspension.

20 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Mind when they thought they knew the rules about emergency loans and ended up playing Ryan Sevenson in goals? That was some laugh.

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Mind when they thought they knew the rules about emergency loans and ended up playing Ryan Sevenson in goals? That was some laugh.

Imagine witnessing that f**k up and then employing one of the men who didn’t understand those rules, and then he relegates you.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was there not some loophole that clubs could go through by appealing a red card thus making their player eligible for the next game until the hearing was concluded? 

I think one of the dangers with appealing is if it doesn’t go your way you might have the player given an additional suspension.

Edited by Enigma