Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

If we get the T-1000 version of McCann on Saturday, I can see Raith getting a hard time of it. He was causing them all sorts of bother at Starks and has looked like a tank when he has played so far. Of course I am still wary with so many key players being injured, but our record at home to Raith is stupendous, and we still look like a good outfit regardless of the missing players. What’s the chances of getting faces in before Saturday? Zilch? 

32 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Should be a cracker. Raith’s got a decent side this year but with that being said there last league victory against us at EEP was in August 2009. 

I’ll go for 2 each. 

That can't be right surely, was that the game Casalinouvo and Murray scored? Think we beat them midweek in the league cup before it. 

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If we get the T-1000 version of McCann on Saturday, I can see Raith getting a hard time of it. He was causing them all sorts of bother at Starks and has looked like a tank when he has played so far. Of course I am still wary with so many key players being injured, but our record at home to Raith is stupendous, and we still look like a good outfit regardless of the missing players. What’s the chances of getting faces in before Saturday? Zilch? 

While McCann was undoubtedly excellent in that game, we were playing without a right back. The return of Ross Millen should mean he's got to work significantly harder to get the same time and space that he did. 

9 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That can't be right surely, was that the game Casalinouvo and Murray scored? Think we beat them midweek in the league cup before it. 

It’s true.

Played 11 league games at EEP (if you include play-off) since then and it’s 7 Pars wins and 4 draws.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

While McCann was undoubtedly excellent in that game, we were playing without a right back. The return of Ross Millen should mean he's got to work significantly harder to get the same time and space that he did. 

Never thought I’d see a supporter say their team will improve because Ross Millen *will* be playing.

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Never thought I’d see a supporter say their team will improve because Ross Millen *will* be playing.

He was a bit dodgy for the first couple of games for us but has been an otherwise good signing.

22 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Twelve months ago I'd have said the same thing, but last season he grew to be very good, bordering on excellent for us at times. 

He is, at worst, a solid Championship full back. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Probably the best crosser of a ball we’ve had in a long time. Well, until Josh Mullin joined. 

Do you actually score from many? Despite possessing a decent cross he often played it so deep that defences found it too easy to deal with. 

It was beyond infuriating to see him get the ball, with a f**k load of space to drive in to, but instead playing a cross that would inevitably be mopped up by the opposition defence. His tendency for backing off was pretty wild aswell. 

45 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It’s been a derby dominated by the home teams since that 2009/2010 season where we won at East End Park and the Pars won twice at Starks.

Since that season there have been 3 away wins in 25 games (2 for the Pars and 1 for the Rovers). 

Millen was pretty awful his first few games for us last season and was rightly derided for it. Since he got himself sorted back up in Scotland though he's improved vastly and some of the balls he puts in to the box are tremendous. Having a fit Hamilton will hopefully see more goals come from them. 

On Ross Millen, it’s yet another obvious example that players can improve and be better at different clubs. I don’t think any Rovers fan saw Kyle Benedictus being a defensive lynchpin for a side with one of the best defensive records in the country when he left us but here we are, it happens!

25 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

On Ross Millen, it’s yet another obvious example that players can improve and be better at different clubs. I don’t think any Rovers fan saw Kyle Benedictus being a defensive lynchpin for a side with one of the best defensive records in the country when he left us but here we are, it happens!

He was a regular for us during the 2014/2015 League 1 season, which was easily the worst in our modern history. He was absolutely shite and got sent off twice.

He looked destined for non-league football back then so fair play to him for carving out a good career.

40 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Do you actually score from many? Despite possessing a decent cross he often played it so deep that defences found it too easy to deal with. 

It was beyond infuriating to see him get the ball, with a f**k load of space to drive in to, but instead playing a cross that would inevitably be mopped up by the opposition defence. His tendency for backing off was pretty wild aswell. 

We haven't scored from many at all, but we've almost exclusively played with zero centre forwards with nobody over 3ft tall in the box during last season, and he's missed most of this season.  

18 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He was a regular for us during the 2014/2015 League 1 season, which was easily the worst in our modern history. He was absolutely shite and got sent off twice.

He looked destined for non-league football back then so fair play to him for carving out a good career.

Maybe he looked shite largely due to the pish around him then… we’ve seen that phenomenon before.

Edited by Enigma