Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

Can only really repeat what others have said. Really enjoyed the League Cup game and thought both teams were decent. 

We should have McCann back for this thankfully and a fitter O'Halloran, who impressed at Tannadice, as well as Summers. Slim chance there could be new signing too (wouldn't hold my breath on that though). Tod now seems like a first team player too.

Was really impressed with how we played at Tannadice for the most part and with a slightly stronger squad think we can do well. Raith have recruited really well and seem to have a good squad.

Sadly will miss this (off to Wembley next weekend), reckon it will be a cracking game. 

Anyway, will give this until the end of the second page before it descends in to tedious nonsense.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

None of those guys are defenders though. Both teams have injuries, both stretched in some areas. You more than us of course. 

Looking forward to the game, hoping the Raith fans step up and have none of that shit "banter" that was present at the cup game with chants about Bene and Norrie. It's embarrassing. 

Aye, that can get in the bin - especially the stuff about Norrie.. It wasn't present when we'd started playing each other regularly 10 years ago. It's fucking embarrassing when you see folk chanting about someone who was passed away nearly 30 years ago. Absolute wee guy behaviour. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Our bench last week was made up of a total of 5 players. A loan player, who joined the day before, three 17 year old kids and a keeper who hasn’t played a league minute in his career. 

Your bench last week included Shaun Byrne, Ethan Ross, Scott Brown and Scott McGill. Do you honestly not see how ridiculous it is that your claiming your ‘thin squad’ might be an issue in a game against us just now?

I didn't claim we had a thin squad though did I... Your examples back up what I said about us.  Woe is you though, I get it. There's still time in the transfer window for signings. 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Our bench last week was made up of a total of 5 players. A loan player, who joined the day before, three 17 year old kids and a keeper who hasn’t played a league minute in his career. 

Your bench last week included Shaun Byrne, Ethan Ross, Scott Brown and Scott McGill. Do you honestly not see how ridiculous it is that your claiming your ‘thin squad’ might be an issue in a game against us just now?

I claimed a concern that IF there were a couple of niggles at certain spots. I didn’t say we were f**ked, just that predicting anything until offer we see tomorrow would be foolish. On that note, Byrne signed a bit over a week ago…Ross and Brown returned from long term injuries just over a week ago, so that’s why we’re still gun shy.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The league cup game was a good contest and I'd expect this to be as well.  We're probably slightly weaker than that day but hopefully o'halloran now being up to speed will give enough to match the missing todd especially.   Rovers on the otherhand have strengthened since.

As suggested there will be a bit of rovers attack vs our defence going on and that's  a battle both sides will fancy their chances in.

It certainly looks we’ve strengthened from that game, and you’re a bit weaker right now…pending results tomorrow. I think the Raith attack is significantly improved from a month ago, so I would (fingers crossed) fancy that matchup.

51 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, that can get in the bin - especially the stuff about Norrie.. It wasn't present when we'd started playing each other regularly 10 years ago. It's fucking embarrassing when you see folk chanting about someone who was passed away nearly 30 years ago. Absolute wee guy behaviour. 

Weirdly it is 'wee guys' who were born many years after he died, often over a decade later.

It's the same with some Falkirk fans and some Pars fans with that Falkirk lad (Gowans?). 

Rank, shitebag, scumbag behaviour. 

I'm sure when we were all young we took the football far too seriously (I recall a 0-1 loss to Falkirk at East End in 2006 that had me in a mood for a week*), but I can't ever recall me or my pals taking things too far in terms of dreadful chants.

*To be fair there were some other factors but it was a ridiculous overreaction on my part 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I don't get it, I think social media has a part to play with fans of teams wanting to prove how much they hate there rivals, it's just odd. 

I like our games against Raith, good c***s by the majority. 

Echo the above. Absolutely love games against our rivals (and to me that's Raith and Falkirk). 

Always felt that the atmosphere at games against Falkirk was much more poisonous. Games against Raith are never friendly but it always felt like a 'healthy' rivalry  with a grudging respect (of sorts) from either side as we're similar teams, and (aside from a small pocket of idiots) there's been no trouble. Have clicked a pint glass with some Raith fans, home and away, victory/defeat/draw, and found them to be a generally decent sort*.

To be fair have done likewise with some Falkirk fans, in Falkirk, but not as much.

Despite the massive, massive, potatoes on their shoulders due to being an absolutely tiny, miniscule team, they're alright folk.**

**I'm joking of course!***

***They aren't good people.****

****No, they are, and the wee team stuff is a daft wind up, which I'm all about during games.

Both teams will have strong XIs on the pitch, made up largely of players signed (or had their contracts extended) by both managers. Raith's larger squad should give Murray a few more options off the bench, but McPake will still have a few perfectly capable subs available, no excuses for either manager, it should be a cracking, close game, hopefully we need sneak it!

Frustratingly will miss this one being at some stupid wedding on Saturday. Won't even be on the drink as I'm driving ffs. 

Anyway, it makes for a fascinating game with both teams starting well. I hope I'm wrong but I've a sneaky feeling the wee team might be fighting for the play offs this season, Murray has them playing decent. 

Going to go all in here and say it'll be a 3-3 classic with red cards, penalty controversy and touchline shenanigans.

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Will the red card for Dick carry on to this game, or to next seasons league cup? A sore looking kick to the grid for the Hibs player! 

1 game immediate…1 next game in competition (next year).

And that’s why I said we’ve thinness issues. Now we’ll either see McGill at LB or perhaps a formation change. Just dramatically lowered my expectations for points for this match.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

1 game immediate…1 next game in competition (next year).

And that’s why I said we’ve thinness issues. Now we’ll either see McGill at LB or perhaps a formation change. Just dramatically lowered my expectations for points for this match.

I think Murray played a couple games for us at LB when we were short and was fine