Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

That's not true. Bamba was head and shoulders above everyone else in a massively underperforming team in the first quarter.  He was man of the match every week.  

He was dreadful in the game at EEP against Hamilton, but that was the 10th league game of the season. His form then dropped for the next couple of games, Kenny was sacked and McIntyre barely played him thereafter.

He was MOTM when he got sent off at Livingston? Or during that dreadful display at Clyde?

Also slightly glosses over that he was also appalling in the defeats to Livi and Stirling after the Hamilton debacle.

58 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Regarding Millen, it’s worth remembering that he was only 20 when we released him. He was definitely a scapegoat for fans, despite there being more senior players who were performing as poorly. I remember being quite frustrated by some of his performances, but it must have been hard for a kid who got stick as soon as they made the slightest mistake.

I will fully accept that other players deserved criticism for their equally - or sometimes even worse - performances. I’m sure it was also challenging being a young player in a struggling side.

However, that doesn’t mean he was any good whatsoever.

Millen's pen against Forfar, what a bloody boy.

Was thinking this morning, bit disappointed the likes of Barrowman and Potter are part of Raith's set up these days. Pair of gid c***s who should really be part of our board if we hadn't hoored ourselves out to ze Germans.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He was MOTM when he got sent off at Livingston? Or during that dreadful display at Clyde?

Also slightly glosses over that he was also appalling in the defeats to Livi and Stirling after the Hamilton debacle.

I wasn't at the Clyde game, so I'll take your word for it.

He was sent off late in the Livi game, a harsh 2nd second yellow for a soft penalty, in a game where the ref had a nightmare.

He also won enough man of the match points in that first quarter to win Supporters Club player of the season.

Now clearly, that was ridiculous and they should have worked something out to give it to someone who played more, but it outlines how far ahead Bamba was in comparison to the rest of them during the dreadful start to the season.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

Looking forward to this. 

I would be surprised if we don't at least match the 1,600 or so we had at Easter Road so should hopefully make for a decent atmosphere as the atmosphere on Sunday was disappointingly flat.

With the players we have available now we are more than capable of winning, but a draw would be reasonable enough. Having said that I don't think anyone would be that shocked to see us put in another of our trademark meek East End Park performances and lose by a couple.

5 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

He also won enough man of the match points in that first quarter to win Supporters Club player of the season.

That was hilarious.

I remember how huffy the supporters’ club got as well when everyone made fun of what was clearly a ridiculous result.

I travelled a lot on the bus at that particular time and without remembering anything specific, he was the best of a bad bunch for such a large opening period of that season. 

The way it was calculated made it look crazy come end of the season and aye I'd have sorted something out to change the outcome, it clearly wasn't right but quite funny all the same. 

I missed Offiong's goal at EEP getting food, thunk I may have missed a couple that day. Anyone got a link? 

On Millen, he wasn't as bad as some Pars fans made out I don't think and he did score a crunch penalty the play-off (when interviewed after the game he was asked "what would have happened if you'd have missed" and he answered "I wasn't missing" which took some balls) but I think folk were pretty incredulous he got a Premiership gig when he left us until we realised his Dad was a coach at Killie at the time...

On Raith being a title challenger, I don't see why not. As been said, I'd expect Raith to be in the playoffs or at least be in that shake up and that almost means you're going to be in the title conversation unless someone (Dundee Utd?) runs away with it. I've not seen Queens Park yet but Partick, Ayr and Inverness seem to have went backwards and Raith have a very good squad full of good Championship players. Maybe it's trying to take the pressure off but I'm surprised so many Rovers fans think it's a wild take tbh.

On the game, I'm just hoping Sammy the Tammy has a good comedy routine in place and the tannoy in the Norrie has been turned down, especially if the announcer is going to scream and shout and play shite music really loudly again.

43 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Millen's pen against Forfar, what a bloody boy.

Was thinking this morning, bit disappointed the likes of Barrowman and Potter are part of Raith's set up these days. Pair of gid c***s who should really be part of our board if we hadn't hoored ourselves out to ze Germans.

In hindsight maybe, obviously we had Barrowman as the U20s coach along side Patterson and they didn't exactly set the heather alight.

Also had Potter been moved upstairs after his disastrous managerial stint I think the fans would have rightly been critical.

Both have made significant personal development since then Barrowman is a key advisor to the man with the purse strings at Raith. 

Whilst I don't doubt they are both proud of their time here they are professional enough not to let that cloud their judgement also neither of them could secure the levels of investment that the German consortium can deliver so it's not really an either or. I do think if David Cook left in a few years time then Barrowman would be on the shortlist to replace him. But that's all pie in the sky stuff.

Very much looking forward to this. 

The announcement of an allocation of 900 does seem odd though. 

Last week not many tickets had been sold but all of the seats forward of the stairwells were unavailable so we’re not getting those 3 full blocks, but even then a quick count suggests there are around 1200 tickets available in those 3 blocks. 

Currently the block behind the goals is pretty much full with the next one not far behind and the end one starting to fill from the back. 
I think we’ve probably sold around 800-900 already. 

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I travelled a lot on the bus at that particular time and without remembering anything specific, he was the best of a bad bunch for such a large opening period of that season. 

The way it was calculated made it look crazy come end of the season and aye I'd have sorted something out to change the outcome, it clearly wasn't right but quite funny all the same. 

I missed Offiong's goal at EEP getting food, thunk I may have missed a couple that day. Anyone got a link? 

I think it was because they done it on sheer number of votes, we took our biggest away supports at the start of the season (including Hamilton at home) where Bamba cleaned up, it was a ridiculous voting system tbf. 

7 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Last week not many tickets had been sold but all of the seats forward of the stairwells were unavailable so we’re not getting those 3 full blocks, but even then a quick count suggests there are around 1200 tickets available in those 3 blocks. 

Currently the block behind the goals is pretty much full with the next one not far behind and the end one starting to fill from the back. 

If you sell out the five blocks they'll then open up in front of the stairwells, that area holds about a thousand, each block without the front bit will hold around 400.

55 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I think it was because they done it on sheer number of votes, we took our biggest away supports at the start of the season (including Hamilton at home) where Bamba cleaned up, it was a ridiculous voting system tbf. 

Unless I'm mistaken, Bamba didn't play at Hamilton. Came into the team the week after as Phil Maguire got sent off and was suspended.

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Bamba didn't play at Hamilton. Came into the team the week after as Phil Maguire got sent off and was suspended.

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Squad was inflated beyond belief. 

Wikipedia says that McIntyre took over 3rd of January. By the end of the month, 8 players had left (one on loan) and one more would go out on loan in February.

5 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Theres 4 blocks open for sale