Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

McGill played at LB in pre-season on a couple of occasions if memory serves.

He’s a talented boy so at least it’s not some jibber being tossed in. 

Doubt it would make any difference to us conceding though as the only team in 11 games so far that hasn’t scored against us was Albion fecking Rovers at Starks. And they should’ve bagged two!

The positive is us going forward. NEED Hamilton to play for his power and aerial ability. Smith is a must as he’s razor sharp and scored 3 in 4. Mullin for his deliveries and on the assumption IM goes with both Brown 😍 and Byrne then it’ll be one from Stanton, Vaughan, Easton or Gullan. I think IM will go with Vaughan although ultra harsh on Stanton who’s been excellent, strong argument for Easton too. 

We’ve got ridiculous options in attacking areas with Mitchell, Arnott on the bench (plus 3 from 4 above left out) AND the phenomenal Aiden Connolly nearing fitness to come back. 

Just makes it more frustrating that we’ve not clicked at the back and now have a makeshift defence - again. 

As others have said this is a really interesting game derby interest aside. 

Raith’s ultra talented forward area against a water tight Dunfermline back line. 
Dunfermline’s lack of forward potency against a leaky Raith back line.

Could be a goal fest but 1-1 again could be very likely

11 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

If we're maintaining this energy then I'm sure you'll agree that administration isn't something you can batter Dunfermline fans about? 

Well, no, because your fans went along with the lavish spending informing everyone Masterton had written the club in trust before the classic one two of a teary "I just want ma club tae survive" then gleefully celebrating creditors getting 0p in the £.

Standard KDM group resident behaviour - while Rovers fans put in the work to force change they sit back and go along with whatever their board say.

53 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Millen to LB and McGill to RB? 

There's no way of anything other than a total bodge job here. 

McGill played left back last season already didn't he? Would rather make the once change in defence than two.

As noted, a midfield base of Byrne and Brown should provide a bit more cover than Stanton in the 4-1-3-2 provided in the cup game.

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Well, no, because your fans went along with the lavish spending informing everyone Masterton had written the club in trust before the classic one two of a teary "I just want ma club tae survive" then gleefully celebrating creditors getting 0p in the £.

Standard KDM group resident behaviour - while Rovers fans put in the work to force change they sit back and go along with whatever their board say.

Didn’t the CVA only get through because Masterton waived his vote as the highest creditor too?

50 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

So you think we should have been protesting & demanding the board be emptied whilst finishing 4th, qualifying for Europe & reaching cup finals? Standard fitba fan behaviour if you ask me.

37 minutes ago, renton said:

McGill played left back last season already didn't he? Would rather make the once change in defence than two.

As noted, a midfield base of Byrne and Brown should provide a bit more cover than Stanton in the 4-1-3-2 provided in the cup game.

McGill has played LB, yes, but it’s even less natural to him than RB. Perhaps switch to Millen/Watson/Murray as three in the back and use McGill/Brown/Byrne in front of them? It weakens the pure attack, but still supports the defence, provides a counter and hopefully helps prevent us being overrun in the middle.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

McGill has played LB, yes, but it’s even less natural to him than RB. Perhaps switch to Millen/Watson/Murray as three in the back and use McGill/Brown/Byrne in front of them? It weakens the pure attack, but still supports the defence, provides a counter and hopefully helps prevent us being overrun in the middle.

Not sure a back three with hee haw pace and a right back playing as a CB is any better, particularly when there are no wing backs readily available.

No, one change and hope that we can cover for McGill's weakness in a position that isn't his. Better than upending an entire team into even weirder configurations.

Edited by renton

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Not sure a back three with hee haw pace and a right back playing as a CB is any better, particularly when there are no wing backs readily available.

No, one change and hope that we can cover for McGill's weakness in a position that isn't his. Better than upending an entire team into even weirder configurations.

Honestly, I’d like someone to ask IM why we decided to release Young before we had another natural LB.

If you want one move answers, Millen/Watson/Brown/Murray, with Byrne (and Easton or Stanton or McGill, if you want a 4-2-3-1)

Brown has played CB, Murray has played LB.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye? Then why was it you didn't force Sim out for the Goodwillie situation? Why is it that you haven't been protesting the lavish spending at Starks Park this summer? Or has the increased wages and stadium re-developments no count? Without going full FifeFree Press, how many losses have you posted, and how much in recent years? 

Why didn't you force change then? 

Realistically, it is very difficult to change ownership of a club, and even harder doing it while good things are actually happening. Administration and the Goodwillie saga are bad, fans don't like bad things and tend to band together, but if Dean Mackenzie continues his re-development of Starks are you going to protest it? 

Edited by HoBNob

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Honestly, I’d like someone to ask IM why we decided to release Young before we had another natural LB.

If you want one move answers, Millen/Watson/Brown/Murray, with Byrne (and Easton or Stanton or McGill, if you want a 4-2-3-1)

We know how much a difference Brown has made in midfield since coming back. Unless there is no other option than to play him in defence he's essential to the midfield. 

It's not ideal not having a natural left back to replace Dick but I'd rather one player who is veristle playing than completely change the shape of the team. 

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye? Then why was it you didn't force Sim out for the Goodwillie situation? Why is it that you haven't been protesting the lavish spending at Starks Park this summer? Or has the increased wages and stadium re-developments no count? Without going full FifeFree Press, how many losses have you posted, and how much in recent years? 

I was thinking about posting something earlier but really can't be arsed. In their eyes, we will always be "cheats", every single one of us.

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

A good chunk of those responsible for that decision were forced out or ultimately had to leave (ie McGlynn). We have increased our ticket costs for the season, invested in other revenue streams and have other plans in the pipeline. The spending of part of the plan in place from the group who came in. If there is a reason to be concerned then the fans will bring that up. So far there are more positives than negatives

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I’m sure a very large portion of our creditors were Pars fans who were happy to write the cash off to save our club.
Also, it was Pars fans that started the rescue of our club with their own money, and then many Pars fans pitched in with what they could to help save our club. 
we all refused to get involved with mastertons so called rescue package as some well informed fans knew that masterton would piss that money up the wall for his own ends, and still let our club die 

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That's three moves: left back replaced by CB, CB replaced by CM and CM replaced by another CM.

I wish we did have natural left back cover, but McGill in is likely the least disruptive option.