St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

Just now, mcginns said:

With Aberdeen looking to prioritize their european game this is a great chance to continue our excellent home form at fortress Greenhill Road and go clear at the top. 

Suspect we’ll prioritise the st Mirren game tomorrow tbqhwy

11 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Opportunity to go top of the league with Celtic dropping 2 points

With the OF playing next week, we then have a further opportunity to put down a real challenge for the title and direct qualification for the group stage of the Champions League.

Robbo will be our Northern Irish Ranieri!

1 hour ago, Don exotic said:

I’m hoping his Dons fandom will mean Mr Dunne will be on his best behaviour to avoid giving us any injuries before our European games!

I wonder if Or Dadia and Jensen will be given their debuts given the discussion about physicality?

35D98267-0D68-4161-9AB2-88A34A508E41.webp

Jesus, if it isn’t the club putting up Sellik signs, it’s our players putting on Aberdeen taps’.

Frankly, we’re a disgrace of a football club. St Mirren 0 Aberdeen 5. McGrath pen, 62mins, McGrath pen, 66mins, McGrath pen, 70mins, McGrath pen, 76mins, McGrath pen, 90+2mins.

Dunne red card 3mins. Miovski missed pen, 61mins. Easy the sheep. Bookmark it.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Jesus, if it isn’t the club putting up Sellik signs, it’s our players putting on Aberdeen taps’.

Frankly, we’re a disgrace of a football club. St Mirren 0 Aberdeen 5. McGrath pen, 62mins, McGrath pen, 66mins, McGrath pen, 70mins, McGrath pen, 76mins, McGrath pen, 90+2mins.

Dunne red card 3mins. Miovski missed pen, 61mins. Easy the sheep. Bookmark it.

Sensitive…

7 minutes ago, GAD said:

You are a bit tbf. Just chill out, Aberdeen should win tomorrow, and if they don't, it's just a game.

Oh do f**k off, GAD. I had a wee dig at pozbaird and he came back well. That was that. 

Not sure what you think you achieved with that condescending post. 

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh do f**k off, GAD. I had a wee dig at pozbaird and he came back well. That was that. 

Not sure what you think you achieved with that condescending post. 

Sensitive...

3 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Opportunity to go top of the league with Celtic dropping 2 points

With the OF playing next week, we then have a further opportunity to put down a real challenge for the title and direct qualification for the group stage of the Champions League.

given the name of the poster and remembering we are speaking of Sr Mirren, the following statement "direct qualification for the group stage of the Champions League." seems somewhat beyond outrageous...................... but COYS.

Mon the Dons. Much more important game on Thursday. I would rest a few of your 1st team players. Mainly to focus on the Euro game but also no need to take the risk the hatchet men of Paisley munch many of your 1st team players. And it will happen. They cannot help themselves.

Their mantra is something like this…..

Violence GIF by ABC NetworkViolence GIF by ABC Network

50 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Mon the Dons. Much more important game on Thursday. I would rest a few of your 1st team players. Mainly to focus on the Euro game but also no need to take the risk the hatchet men of Paisley munch many of your 1st team players. And it will happen. They cannot help themselves.

I know you are fired up after the game today, but can you please stop talking about Harry Paton?

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Jesus suffering f**k, I’ve seldom seen a more obsessed poster.
Is this maybe count Kettlewell :lol: 

On 23/08/2023 at 23:03, tarapoa said:

Just considering a quote and advice from the manager of a top club such as PSV.

The points in response are fine and valid - and only a couple of predictable yer da’s in there.

Not read the full thread so someone might have mentioned it, but the Dutch league is played over 34 games and they have no League Cup to fit in so it might be a bit easier for their FA to postpone games between European qualifiers and reschedule them later in the season. With us playing 38 games, having a League Cup, National Cup and International weekends to contend with there’s not much room for manoeuvre.

I actually wouldn’t be against seeing games like this one and Dundee v Hearts postponed until a later time in the season if the clubs competing in Europe thought it would give them an advantage, but that has to be weighed up against the lost revenue of having the rearranged game played on a weekday, possibly in to 2024 if the Scottish teams are playing Group Stage football. I really hope Aberdeen can do the business on Thursday but I’m not even sure having the players knocking the ball around in training for a week would be the best preparation for what is most likely going to be a tough game. 

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I hope Welldaft gets the help he needs.

Anyway, looking at the scorer odds... Bookies as clued up as ever on the Scottish game, with Miovski coming in at longer odds than two guys who are unlikely to start.

Screenshot_20230827-073120.png

I don't think there are many Saints fans out there who, 8 weeks ago, would have given Olusanya much chance of even being listed among potential scorers much less the favourite to score first.

Still a nonsense though, he won't even start. The only one of those 5 I'd have in top 5 likeliest scorers is Mandron.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think there are many Saints fans out there who, 8 weeks ago, would have given Olusanya much chance of even being listed among potential scorers much less the favourite to score first.

Still a nonsense though, he won't even start. The only one of those 5 I'd have in top 5 likeliest scorers is Mandron.

As I was posting that, I was wondering if Robbo might pull a shock and start Toyosi for his pace against a side that will actually try to play football. But I think Kiltie - Mandron - McMenamin is the preferred look at the moment.