Queens v Montrose

14 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

How was the Mo performance? I think Rory leaving may be a blessing in disguise as it allows us to go back to a much more familiar shape with much more width as we were practically forced to play two up top with Kane and Rory to keep them happy.

You played well, although we did a lot to help. Your experienced players managed the game well, tightened things up and saw the game out.

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

The previous page alone must set a record for the most misspelt Queens player names included in a single thread.  I don't know why, but this type of thing really gets on my goat a lot more than it should do.

Connolly?  McIntyre?  Mackay?  Hutchison?  McLelland?

Maybe that's what went wrong today - we had a team full of impostors on the park.

*checks post for typos before submitting*

Really….

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

The previous page alone must set a record for the most misspelt Queens player names included in a single thread.  I don't know why, but this type of thing really gets on my goat a lot more than it should do.

Connolly?  McIntyre?  Mackay?  Hutchison?  McLelland?

Maybe that's what went wrong today - we had a team full of impostors on the park.

*checks post for typos before submitting*

I wish that mispeling was the only thing that got on my goat .

Could not care if every word is wrong all I care about is Queens winning games of football. 

The worrying thing about this game was Montrose like Alloa  really were not that good we will come up against many better teams this season. 

7 hours ago, Greenacres said:

I wish that mispeling was the only thing that got on my goat .

Could not care if every word is wrong all I care about is Queens winning games of football. 

The worrying thing about this game was Montrose like Alloa  really were not that good we will come up against many better teams this season. 

Spot on!

7 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Sorry for you. I would be really worried too if I were you! If you even get beaten by lowly Montrose, the rest of your season must be looking really grim...

So thankful that is never going to happen to us.

Just now, Brummo said:

Sorry for you. I would be really worried too if I were you! If you even get beaten by lowly Montrose, the rest of your season must be looking really grim...

So thankful that is never going to happen to us.

Falkirk away Hamilton at home our next 2 games  surely even you would think they are more difficult games .

5 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Falkirk away Hamilton at home our next 2 games  surely even you would think they are more difficult games .

To be honest I think that this early in the season, unlike last season, when the lowly Mo were the only team to win against a very capable Dunfermline team, most of the teams are capable of taking points off each other. Montrose played pretty meh last week and only lost by a goal to Hamilton, who according to their fans weren't great either. I don't know if Falkirk have finally found their long lost mojo or whether they're still mojoless lolkirk. I know you can only go by what you see but it's too early in the season to get despondent i.m.o.

50 minutes ago, Brummo said:

To be honest I think that this early in the season, unlike last season, when the lowly Mo were the only team to win against a very capable Dunfermline team, most of the teams are capable of taking points off each other. Montrose played pretty meh last week and only lost by a goal to Hamilton, who according to their fans weren't great either. I don't know if Falkirk have finally found their long lost mojo or whether they're still mojoless lolkirk. I know you can only go by what you see but it's too early in the season to get despondent i.m.o.

I’m not so much despondent as accepting. I’ve seen this movie before. A hint of positivity followed by a performance riddled with the all too familiar frailties. It’s what we do. 

9 hours ago, Brummo said:

I don't think it's a pop at Montrose. It's just the reality of any side hoping to win the division. We really should be looking to beat the sides who are 'predicted' to be mid-table if we're serious about promotion, particularly at home. Sadly, other than a 25 minute spell we didn't look like the side who's pinned to finish higher. 

I'm certainly not writing off our chances this early of course as we've shown we can play some good football but if we can't cut out these errors that frustratingly always seem to result in a goal, then there's not a chance in hell we're seriously going to threaten the play-offs. If you can't get the basics right then you're in for a long season. Again. 

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m not so much despondent as accepting. I’ve seen this movie before. A hint of positivity followed by a performance riddled with the all too familiar frailties. It’s what we do. 

Aye, we've all seen it too many times before, get a wee run of wins going, build up a bit of confidence and hope among fans then get dragged back down to earth with a mighty bump. You'd think we would be used to that by now but it's just as disappointing with each experience. The thing is, even with our kamikaze defending, and only really turning up for about 25 minutes, we could still have stolen  that game if we'd been more composed in front of goal, that would have been harsh on Montrose though.