ICT vs Pars - Sat 2nd Sep

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not sure why people would be upset about the prices? Can’t imagine many Pars fans will be making a last-minute decision to go and therefore can get a cheaper ticket in advance.

Unless you’re a tin-foil hat wearer hysterically bleating about cash being king, can’t see why anyone would have a problem with it.

If you disagree that strongly then don’t go; not that difficult.

I'm definitely not able to go regardless, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

A bit like airlines charging higher prices nearer flight time, I'm just not for it. Scottish football needs to be more accessible and on the face of it, this goes against that regardless of where you travel from.

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

A bit like airlines charging higher prices nearer flight time, I'm just not for it. Scottish football needs to be more accessible and on the face of it, this goes against that regardless of where you travel from.

Agree. My dads not ancient but he's early to mid 60's but he said one of the things that killed it for him was the ropes you have to jump through to get in. He used to work on a Saturday morning, get chucked out the van at East End at roughly 2:58 with his wee carry out and pay at the turnstile and walk in. Now you need to go to another queue before kick off and buy a ticket, or go online and download a PDF of your ticket. Might be easy for us but not for everyone.

This ICT pricing thing is just another branch of that. If someone decides to go on a Saturday lunchtime but realises they're paying more than the person sat next to them then you just get disgruntled fans. Doesn't matter the difference in price, it's the principle of it.

They also apparently don't do under 16 tickets on the website so you'll need to phone up or buy them on the day if you want them. Just seems another weird way of doing things that doesn't really solve any real issues. Were there really thousands of people out there who were going to go to a game then decided not to? Has it not potentially put off more people? 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Agree. My dads not ancient but he's early to mid 60's but he said one of the things that killed it for him was the ropes you have to jump through to get in. He used to work on a Saturday morning, get chucked out the van at East End at roughly 2:58 with his wee carry out and pay at the turnstile and walk in. Now you need to go to another queue before kick off and buy a ticket, or go online and download a PDF of your ticket. Might be easy for us but not for everyone.

This ICT pricing thing is just another branch of that. If someone decides to go on a Saturday lunchtime but realises they're paying more than the person sat next to them then you just get disgruntled fans. Doesn't matter the difference in price, it's the principle of it.

I'm not going to get into the ticket payment structure at ICT.

But I want to get into the turnstile cash back in the day, where did the money go as we the fans didn't see it coming back to maintain the stadiums or upgrade match day facilities nor to bring in expensive players, too many brown envelopes back then and cash backhanders to a certain section.  

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Does that not happen in every ground every week in Scotland with season ticket holders and PATG fans?

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I don’t understand how this makes football inaccessible? Or why we should be concerned about “disgruntled” fans who clearly didn’t bother doing 30 seconds of research during the week before making their trip to the stadium?

Also, if someone can’t download a PDF ticket for whatever reason, ICT have provided an option for fans to purchase tickets over the phone.

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

We should be making it easier to get into games, not adding barriers IMO. Plenty people don't have smartphones or have them but don't have data plans, or have them and don't trust them to use their cards, or aren't confident in using them. It's a very selfish thing to think "well to me it's easy, therefore anyone who can't do it can suck it up". I'd also say that making games all-ticket then not selling tickets up to kick off time belongs in this category too (often the Police making this decision - we've had it for games v Raith and Falkirk and its also happened at Hampden for cup semi finals). Scottish football seems almost unique in the number of ways it can reduce the number of people who can watch/use the product they are selling. 

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We should be making it easier to get into games, not adding barriers IMO. Plenty people don't have smartphones or have them but don't have data plans, or have them and don't trust them to use their cards, or aren't confident in using them. It's a very selfish thing to think "well to me it's easy, therefore anyone who can't do it can suck it up". 

Except, not one person is making that argument?

The option has been available for fans to purchase tickets over the phone and they can also be bought in person at the ground tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We should be making it easier to get into games, not adding barriers IMO. Plenty people don't have smartphones or have them but don't have data plans, or have them and don't trust them to use their cards, or aren't confident in using them. It's a very selfish thing to think "well to me it's easy, therefore anyone who can't do it can suck it up". I'd also say that making games all-ticket then not selling tickets up to kick off time belongs in this category too (often the Police making this decision - we've had it for games v Raith and Falkirk and its also happened at Hampden for cup semi finals). Scottish football seems almost unique in the number of ways it can reduce the number of people who can watch/use the product they are selling. 

By plenty how many do you mean? It’s got to be less than 5% at Best. Every single pensioner I know can easily work a smart phone,  it was an everyday part of their working life even if they retired nearly 10 years ago.  If they are a bit older and don’t like smartphones they are from a generation who used computers and internet a lot and can choose to buy at home using a print out.  I think it was common to do something like that in 2003 nevermind 2023.

Of the very small minority who can’t use either massively more convenient options they can use a friend or family member who can and even if those options are unavailable then the vast majority of fans using such options make buying on the day at the ticket office quite easy.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

By plenty how many do you mean? It’s got to be less than 5% at Best. Every single pensioner I know can easily work a smart phone,  it was an everyday part of their working life even if they retired nearly 10 years ago.  If they are a bit older and don’t like smartphones they are from a generation who used computers and internet a lot and can choose to buy at home using a print out.  I think it was common to do something like that in 2003 nevermind 2023.

Of the very small minority who can’t use either massively more convenient options they can use a friend or family member who can and even if those options are unavailable then the vast majority of fans using such options make buying on the day at the ticket office quite easy.

Good for you knowing so many silver surfers. I know around 10-15 people (pensioners and even people in their 50s) who aren't comfortable with or don't have a smartphone. Almost all of them don't have a home computer or printer either by the way, so a print at home option is no good either. Overall in the population I'd suspect its higher than you might think buy even at 5% of the population you're marginalising a significant number of people. And again, the point isn't that it's more or less convenient in this case, it's that it's adding another barrier and another cost. Can't wait til you guys are all in your 60s and 70s and are raging because you can't pay by an old fashioned physical device anymore. It's implant only at the ground and if you don't have one, tough. Get a mate to buy one for you or get with the times... 

Anyway, enjoy the game if you're going. I've yet to decide between Kelty v Annan or Hill of Beath v Tayport tomorrow. Might not even decide until 2pm...

28 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Good for you knowing so many silver surfers. I know around 10-15 people (pensioners and even people in their 50s) who aren't comfortable with or don't have a smartphone. Almost all of them don't have a home computer or printer either by the way, so a print at home option is no good either. Overall in the population I'd suspect its higher than you might think buy even at 5% of the population you're marginalising a significant number of people. And again, the point isn't that it's more or less convenient in this case, it's that it's adding another barrier and another cost. Can't wait til you guys are all in your 60s and 70s and are raging because you can't pay by an old fashioned physical device anymore. It's implant only at the ground and if you don't have one, tough. Get a mate to buy one for you or get with the times... 

Anyway, enjoy the game if you're going. I've yet to decide between Kelty v Annan or Hill of Beath v Tayport tomorrow. Might not even decide until 2pm...

These old guys* will indulge themselves in a knowing nod given all the online subscription fees they have saved themselves as they rock shuffle up to the booth and buy their ticket.

*would they exist and would you count their numbers in single or perhaps double figures? Or indeed anyone at all apart from @DA Baracus?

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They don’t need to use a smartphone or even use a home computer/email/ printer though. They can make a phone call, unless that is too advanced for them, and then pick the tickets up at the stadium on the day. It’s not difficult.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

These old guys* will indulge themselves in a knowing nod given all the online subscription fees they have saved themselves as they rock shuffle up to the booth and buy their ticket.

*would they exist and would you count their numbers in single or perhaps double figures? Or indeed anyone at all apart from @DA Baracus?

I'm not even 40! Got my ticket earlier this evening (on my phone).

38 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

They don’t need to use a smartphone or even use a home computer/email/ printer though. They can make a phone call, unless that is too advanced for them, and then pick the tickets up at the stadium on the day. It’s not difficult.

I'll say it one more time before going to bed... we should be making things easier, not harder for everyone to be able to get to games. 

Making games/kiosks etc contactess only, making you buy on an app, making you phone up in advance for a game that isn't going to sell out, not selling tickets on the day of the game/after a certain time when it's not going to sell out, making you become a "member" before buying a ticket, not having the full range of tickets available to buy online, selling tickets for different prices depending on when/how you buy them, making certain combinations of tickets impossible to buy, etc, etc and so on are all ways of making it harder for some people, not easier. That's the point.

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'll say it one more time before going to bed... we should be making things easier, not harder for everyone to be able to get to games. 

Making games/kiosks etc contactess only, making you buy on an app, making you phone up in advance for a game that isn't going to sell out, not selling tickets on the day of the game/after a certain time when it's not going to sell out, making you become a "member" before buying a ticket, not having the full range of tickets available to buy online, selling tickets for different prices depending on when/how you buy them, making certain combinations of tickets impossible to buy, etc, etc and so on are all ways of making it harder for some people, not easier. That's the point.

Travel to Inverness

Queue at the window

Buy a ticket

Enter via a turnstile

This is where it becomes tricky in terms of certainty.

I wish you well*

*safe travels

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As has always been the case for literally decades, if people want to go to the game then they will.

I have no idea why you’ve made such a big deal about this but I can safely predict that not one person will decide against going to the game purely because they have to queue at a kiosk or book their ticket in advance.

The process involved is not difficult in the slightest and it’s not preventing anyone from attending.