ICT vs Pars - Sat 2nd Sep

Poor game between two teams who played poorly. Reckon both will be happy enough with a point.

For me that's the worst I've seen us play in a very long time (although bear in mind I didn't see every game last season and missed last week).

KRH made a difference when he came on. Not brilliant but just seemed to spur the team and crowd on and forward.

Moffat is absolutely tiny and fell over the ball a few times but seems like he might be decent once he settles in.

Was quite annoyed at how often our players took silly shots from distance. Total waste. McCann and O'Halloran need to do some training sessions together because they seemed like they had no idea what the other was doing. 

Sharp made a good save second half down low to his right but was really poor first half. Massively one footed too. Hopefully he will have got his howlers out of his system.

People seriously need to get real about where we are. We have just came up from League 1 and are building a team for the future. We are nowhere near the finished article or even remotely going to challenge for promotion yet. A draw away from home and it’s “we’re shite” and “board are happy with mediocrity”. 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

People seriously need to get real about where we are. We have just came up from League 1 and are building a team for the future. We are nowhere near the finished article or even remotely going to challenge for promotion yet. A draw away from home and it’s “we’re shite” and “board are happy with mediocrity”. 

The vast majority of league 1 champions have challenged near the top end of this league in there first year up, its not a reason to shrug and accept dodging around and saying job done in 8th.

Just now, parsforlife said:

The vast majority of league 1 champions have challenged near the top end of this league in there first year up, its not a reason to shrug and accept dodging around and saying job done in 8th.

Literally no-one is saying that tho.

Not a happy clapper (far fucking from it, actually) but I am realistic about where we are as a club. Yes, ICT are on a poor run, but they still have a lot of dangers in their team, and it’s always been difficult for Dunfermline to get any type of result up in Inverness. People need to calm their tits, accept the result, and move on to the next match. 

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

There's context to everything, a draw away at United? Fantastic result. A draw away at a poorly playing Inverness? Not a good result. 

The nonsense about remotely challenging for promotion because we've just been promoted is utter, utter pish. 

Frustrating part is that we would probably have won that had we not fucked about all summer when it comes to signing a couple of actual strikers.

Queens Park away next in the league will be a good marker for where we are as a club in this league.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Not a happy clapper (far fucking from it, actually) but I am realistic about where we are as a club. Yes, ICT are on a poor run, but they still have a lot of dangers in their team, and it’s always been difficult for Dunfermline to get any type of result up in Inverness. People need to calm their tits, accept the result, and move on to the next match. 

Not sure how previous results are relevant to us playing poorly today.

2 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

Frustrating part is that we would probably have won that had we not fucked about all summer when it comes to signing a couple of actual strikers.

Queens Park away next in the league will be a good marker for where we are as a club in this league.

Can you tell us how the club fucked about with signings please?

6 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

So wrong on both counts. Well done 

28 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Not really sure that's a decent point, if you're not going to win at away at a team in as big a rut as Inverness, when are you winning away? 

I know we didn’t, but we very nearly won up at Tannadice. Look at scores all across the country, there’s inconsistencies everywhere. I wouldn’t say there’s a single ground in the division that we couldn’t go and win at. Teams beat each other all the time in this league, just because we didn’t beat a struggling Inverness doesn’t mean we can’t win against a better team.

I’d say it’s a good point based on how shite we were in the first 45 and how thin the squad still is.

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s four games in FFS 🤣

Edited by The Toun Clock

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Not sure how previous results are relevant to us playing poorly today.

Can you tell us how the club fucked about with signings please?

Simply because we let O'Hara and Todorov go and haven't replaced them three months later.

We either targeted unrealistic signing options and missed out on more realistic targets or gambled that someone would come up later in the window.

As it stands we're four games into the season with Lewis McCann our only available striking option today.

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I know we didn’t, but we very nearly won up at Tannadice. Look at scores all across the country, there’s inconsistencies everywhere. I wouldn’t say there’s a single ground in the division that we couldn’t go and win at. Teams beat each other all the time in this league, just because we didn’t beat a struggling Inverness doesn’t mean we can’t win against a better team.

I’d say it’s a good point based on how shite we were in the first 45 and how thin the squad still is.

I'm not sure the squad gets and thicker though, I think we will bring in a striker, but outwith that? Not sure. 

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

So wrong on both counts. Well done 

You don't think we would have won that today if we had another  striking option? I thought we put in some great deliveries but had no one to finish them which is our biggest issue right now.

Not sure why you don't think Queens Park will be a good marker though, can you clarify that one?

8 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

Simply because we let O'Hara and Todorov go and haven't replaced them three months later.

We either targeted unrealistic signing options and missed out on more realistic targets or gambled that someone would come up later in the window.

As it stands we're four games into the season with Lewis McCann our only available striking option today.

Is it definitely all the fault of the club?

2 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

You don't think we would have won that today if we had another  striking option? I thought we put in some great deliveries but had no one to finish them which is our biggest issue right now.

Not sure why you don't think Queens Park will be a good marker though, can you clarify that one?

What chances would Wighton or another striker have scored today that someone else missed?

22 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on chances missed. I don't think you're in any position to know whether we've "fucked about" as you so eloquently put it.

Not sure why Queens Park away is any more of a "marker" for us than any other game to be honest 

Edited by da_no_1

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is it definitely all the fault of the club?

What chances would Wighton or another striker have scored today that someone else missed?

The blame lies with those involved in the recruitment side of things, yes.

We knew we were winning League One for weeks, we had a head start on most clubs when it came to planning our recruitment. Of course that doesn't mean we would sign every target as that would be naive, however as it stands our only weakness from last season has got...even weaker and I don't think it is outlandish to be disappointed that we haven't seen one new striker come in the door, especially going up a higher level.

We're the same as last season, we're a solid outfit defensively (albeit we looked more solid with Mehmet in goals) and Edwards is one of if not the best crosser of the ball outside the Premiership but we're weak upfront. 

I thought we created some decent chances/half chances today like last week (you seem to disagree but that's football, happy to re-watch the highlights when they appear) and I just think a proper striker with predatory movement would have turned them into serious efforts/goals which tends to be the difference in this league.