ICT vs Pars - Sat 2nd Sep

Just want to move on from today’s game as quickly as possible tbh.

Caley Thistle have had a very poor start to the season but our record up there is not good. They’ll be seeing this as a good opportunity to get off the mark.

Got told the supporter’s bus already sold out for next week which is good to see. Will decide nearer the weekend whether or not to head along.

5 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Dodds surely one game away from getting the sack? Caley shithouse win written all over it.

In all seriousness, if we lose next week (which I suspect we will) and he doesn’t get his jotters, what is the point.

They will stick with him and wait until November or December and if they do so replace him with the interim appointment of John Robertson or just do nothing because of finances and pride.

I dread to think how much ground we would need to catch up by then with what we currently have.

I think right now Dodds should be looking at bringing in some loan signings in the next few days. Anyone who thinks this team is good enough for the playoffs is deluded and right now this team isn't even good enough for the Championship.

We look pretty toothless despite having great talent throughout the squad. Our record up in Inverness is dreadful, so I’m not particularly confident, especially when ICT are needing to get their act together fast.

According to Dodds we should have one maybe two new signings before this game.

Logic to expect Dunfermline to head home with all three points since they have already beaten Airdrie whom have beaten us twice already. We've been beaten by Ayr who are currently the 2nd worst team in the league. There's the current state of play. Its a Pars win to throw away, no pressure.

9 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

According to Dodds we should have one maybe two new signings before this game.

Logic to expect Dunfermline to head home with all three points since they have already beaten Airdrie whom have beaten us twice already. We've been beaten by Ayr who are currently the 2nd worst team in the league. There's the current state of play. Its a Pars win to throw away, no pressure.

I don’t think any result on Saturday would shock me tbh.

Inverness clearly not in a good place right now but we’re not a side that’s going to score a lot of goals either.

Will be tight I’m sure and I’ll predict 1-1.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t think any result on Saturday would shock me tbh.

Inverness clearly not in a good place right now but we’re not a side that’s going to score a lot of goals either.

Will be tight I’m sure and I’ll predict 1-1.

I would take it that is on your forwards creating opportunities to score, so I hope this is true. However our defending so far has been um............generous.

Bad day at the office for us on Saturday and you get the impression we need to get something from this one if we have any pretentions of being involved in the play offs at the right end of the table. 4 points from 3 games might have looked good on paper before a ball was kicked but after getting a point at Tannadice, losing at home takes the shine off somewhat. A loss here and 4 from 4 doesn't look so good albeit we have dross like Morten and Ayr still to play. But with ICT in poor form, we should be looking to be capitalising now as I expect they'll eventually go on one of those runs they put together that sees them safe and looking upwards. I won't be going, so it'll probably be an 8 goal thriller, but I'll go for a drab 0-0.

51 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Bad day at the office for us on Saturday and you get the impression we need to get something from this one if we have any pretentions of being involved in the play offs at the right end of the table. 4 points from 3 games might have looked good on paper before a ball was kicked but after getting a point at Tannadice, losing at home takes the shine off somewhat. A loss here and 4 from 4 doesn't look so good albeit we have dross like Morten and Ayr still to play. But with ICT in poor form, we should be looking to be capitalising now as I expect they'll eventually go on one of those runs they put together that sees them safe and looking upwards. I won't be going, so it'll probably be an 8 goal thriller, but I'll go for a drab 0-0.

I think you are getting us confused with Morton and Ayr about going on runs. Morton also finished above us last season while we had a stronger team than now and Ayr have already beaten us on their own turf for only the second time in 20 years. If we win this game no one is going to be more shocked than our own support.

But I want to believe.

12 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Logic to expect Dunfermline to head home with all three points since they have already beaten Airdrie whom have beaten us twice already.

I wouldn't look too much into that. Whilst it could be said that we've sort of had their number recently (2W's, 3D's since start of last season), it's rarely if ever been comfortable.
Airdrie also play a very different game to us, no guarantee that our style yields the same results. 

Having said that, whilst our record up in Inverness isn't brilliant, I'm feeling reasonably confident. Given how few bad results we've had under McPake and co, we have naturally demonstrated a decent ability to bounce back after one pretty much every time.
If Inverness are in a bad spot at the moment, this is a perfect opportunity to make that record a little bit better.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko

Following our sixth competitive defeat in a row on Saturday there are quotes in the press that we are looking to add some players, seemingly defenders.

It was obvious from more than a year ago that our best central defender, Robbie Deas, was going to leave.  I'd say it was highly likely that Scott Allardice was a shoe in for leaving as well.  We should have been scouting and planning for this but it seems like nothing was done so now we are scrabbling around trying to sign someone in the week before the deadline.

Great test for us on Saturday. The derby loss stings but realistically we've beat Airdrie and nearly beat Utd at Tannadice. We didn't play badly on Saturday just didn't put the ball in the back of the net against a decent RR team.

Inverness has rarely been a happy hunting ground for us. But it sounds like things aren't going to plan in the highlands after a poor start. We have a group who have a lot of fight and togetherness, we'll certainly be no pushovers. We need a couple of signings in the final third, could well happen for Saturday and also one of our main play makers Kane Richie-Hosler could well be back in the squad after injury, depending on whether he comes through a bounce game against Dundee reserves (Tuesday) okay.

Won't be making the trip unfortunately. No reason we can't go and win and a draw wouldn't be a terrible result up there.